Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the upcoming graphical improvement... It's time for Gore 3.0

1 hour ago, K0bra said:

I would love to see this too but i dont think this will happen because of the rating.

i'm pretty sure that the game is rated M for mature with the tags "blood, gore, and violence" so i see no problem with adding more of what has already been warned about (so long as it does not go over the top imo)

Just now, lightdragon64 said:

i'm pretty sure that the game is rated M for mature with the tags "blood, gore, and violence" so i see no problem with adding more of what has already been warned about (so long as it does not go over the top imo)

That isnt the only rating in the world.

Warframe needs a hit feedback as sound and visual , when you hitting that lvl50 bombard with soma but you see only that damage points , its not satisfying  its more like you shoot little darts to your sponge targer or  something... İ am saying this because this is the most basic sample out there "when you hit the target in COD SERİES THERE İS A LİTTLE SQUİSHY SOUND" at least something like that would make some feedback about hitting

I think if they are to add more gore they're going to have to be very responsible with it. They can't just have it where you blow off a hand and 8 liters of blood shoot all over the walls. However I do think that they should give more ways to cut up your opponents and maybe better look to burning and dissolving and such. Not sure about more blood but 100% think they should add more animations and such to death.

Though as much as I want my De Sanctis Tigris to be more of a meat-stick that what it already is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I still think that it shouldn't be Mortal Kombat-like, as Magnulast pointed out.

Little things like enemies leaving behind a blood trail if shot/slash proc'd would be awesome, or blowing up one of their limbs and see them crawl for a bit before they die. I think they should also introduce blunt damage gore, like protruding ribs from a jat kittag slam or smashed faces :P

Some things i could think of off the top of my head would be;

1.) Smoke/Steam additions and changes in relation to gore - A lot of weapons in Warframe use alternative means of damaging the foe before you aside from bullets. Lasers, flames, beams of electricity, explosives, you name it. One thing that I think would be a really nice touch is that when you fire such a weapon at an enemy, say for instance the Synapse, that when it inflicts damage on the target it also sears or chars the flesh or armor of the target, either in generally or at the sight where the damage is inflicted. Then, the appropriate vapor escapes, such as smoke emanating from a unit's cooked limbs from a Supra, or water vapor leaving from an open wound after you've sliced open an enemy's torso with a Gammacor.

2.) Liquids - Namely blood of course, but that varies greatly upon the enemy. One little note I might add as well would be that I think it would be really cool if the infested bled an entirely different color than their non-infested counterparts, such as neon purple or something wacky like that. I think that would really add a lot in the way of the infested theme.

3.) Impact logic - A lot of weapons have decently appropriated impact logic, such as the Flux rifle splitting enemies somewhat consistently. I think there is a lot of room for improvement and expansion though. Such as when firing an Ogris or a Penta or other explosive weapon at an enemy, I think they should literally blow off hunks of flesh and limbs from the body. Imagine firing an Angstrum into a crowd of Grineer, and when the smoke clears some of them are missing parts of their legs or chest or shoulders as they desperately try to shoot back at you.

Gore is something that I think is relatively undervalued in a lot of games but Warframe especially. I think it adds a lot of realism and immersion to basic combat and should be -fleshed- out. ;P

We need more realistic gore that will make it satisfying for us to use our weapons.

Gore in its current almost non existent state doesn't provide the feedback we need after each shot. Guns feel like bats. And enemies feel like balloons being swatted.

Doesn't look right.

Now we don't need mortal kombat or killing floor over the top gore with gallons of blood. However dismembered bodies and splashes of bloodand guts  staining the floor or walls after an impactful shot is sorely needed.

The more powerful your weapon, the more visually destructive its impact should be on your foes. More broken bodies, more mangled parts. Higher decal blood stains.

We can have gore and believable realism in warframe, they don't have to be mutually exclusive to one another.

8 hours ago, JRMC said:

I can only think of one thing:

man, you have no idea how much I want this game to hit consoles, though it'll likely never happen. as far as Warframe Gore goes, it could use a little improvement, and I think the best way to do this would be to give each Damage element a unique effect:

Slash/Puncture: more gibs, severed limbs, more blood, and a mechanic where badly wounded enemies on low health clutch their wounds and move at a reduced speed. (10% health or less)

Impact: Open Fractures, skulls that can be caved in, and Armour that can be dented.

Heat: pretty good as is TBH, though not the most effective damage type.

Electric: electrical burns and more violent Spasms.

Toxin: enemies vomit profusely

Cold: Frostbite effects on enemies with low health.

Radiation: Tumors appear on wounded enemies, shooting them deals high damage.

Gas: enemies start to choke on low health.

Viral: even more Vomiting.

Corrosive: enemy Armour melts into their skin, and their skin can melt off, Robocop style!

Magnetic: my favourite: enemies' armour warps in on itself, crushing the wearing into a bloodied mess.

Blast: Limbs blown off, and massive torso wounds appear.

that's the dream anyway, now I'm gonna watch that edgy-AF video again because I love it.

DE should take a page out of Bloodborne: Its all about the blood.

4 hours ago, DJ_Redwire said:

It's worth noting that the goal is to be Snake all the time.

I'm flattered.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Not only blood, made goo, gould be great for this game.

I keep dreaming of a day when persistent bodies and bloodstains become part of the game. Imagine yourself backtracking an exterminate mission. Lots of bodies, walls painted with blood of the enemy, bloody footprints and sometimes an infested creature leaves a pool of blood which becomes a type of hazard.

I wish we could have body parts too, but i think i'm asking too much.

Not only blood, but oil too. Don't you think our MOAs are too dry? Or too little sparky? Pools of oil becoming slippery could be nice too.

Edited by renleech