Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why so childish? -- A trading rant

xdevilsadvocate

It really amuses my how juvenile some members in this community can get at times.  I have been blocked by a few people because they don't hear a price they want to in the market.  It's not that they've been harassed, bullied, or threatened: it's that the amount of platinum wasn't to their liking.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but I can't comprehend why this occurs.  

What's the point of spamming trade chat if you're going to block potential buyers/sellers instead of being willing to negotiate? 

Yeah I understand you man... People sometimes don't like having to negotiate, they'd rather loose on a potential win than haggle with someone.

Happens to me all the time, except the blocking thing... that's only happened a few times.

Trade needs a rework someday; in retrospect, the community needs to pull their heads out of their butts sometimes... when they want something but don't want it that badly... they need to just respectfully decline the offer.

Not just click the ignore button... xD
(That's my viewpoint anyway.)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

It's a community made out of mostly 10-25 years I would guess, so if the average player is 17, they are still quite immature, it's no surprise you find immature people in the game actually, it is surprising how little there are in THIS particular community out of the ones I have been in the past 10 years. It's still a downer to find people blocking or insulting or stuff like that but that's just normal XD

1 minute ago, GDSK-NXS said:

It's a community made out of mostly 10-25 years I would guess, so if the average player is 17, they are still quite immature, it's no surprise you find immature people in the game actually, it is surprising how little there are in THIS particular community out of the ones I have been in the past 10 years. It's still a downer to find people blocking or insulting or stuff like that but that's just normal XD

I guess I just have an unrealistic expectation that everyone will be courteous.  

in trade is a lot sharks i had one patcient who try to sell me 1 arcane grace for 250p...that lead to insta blacklist...! if somthing worth lets say 20p and u try to sell it for 25p... ppl will pay u.. its not big deal but wen someone sky rocket  ppl will react...

And so it was prophesied, "One day trade chat shall become so unbearable that, our lord and savior, RNGesus will come down from the high inter-webs, and save us from all form of negotiation and/or choice."

All things, including market prices, will one day be in his domain! These children unknowingly bring about his arrival! Soon no one will have to suffer the hardships of free will!

So It Shall Be! Praise RNGesus!

*OP on a serious note, there will always be people like that in any game, its best to just ignore them and not let it get to you.*

Not sure if it is against the rules to suggest using a player-made tool, but warframe.market is a very good alternative to trying to watch a spastic trade chat window only to get replies from those who want to take advantage of you. Highly recommend it as it has lowered my stress concerning trading and has made it enjoyable.

Blocking is one thing, but being ignored intentionally is way more irritating. This one person for example wanted to sell something for a price. I wanted to buy it, and he kept on not responding back. But I kept on seeing his same post of WTS blah blah for blah plats.

10 minutes ago, xdevilsadvocate said:

I guess I just have an unrealistic expectation that everyone will be courteous.  

I don't like to sound like, well, what I'm about to sound, but, yeah, that's unrealistic. It is a very good expectation, I mean, hell this game would be many times better if some people stopped being childish, but it's not like the game has some kind of maturity detector to keep them out XD

To add to this, I have had people be so nice that I made them a 50% discount on trade, like, they were so nice, they need to go and spread that attitude.

1 hour ago, xdevilsadvocate said:

It really amuses my how juvenile some members in this community can get at times.  I have been blocked by a few people because they don't hear a price they want to in the market.  It's not that they've been harassed, bullied, or threatened: it's that the amount of platinum wasn't to their liking.  This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but I can't comprehend why this occurs.  

What's the point of spamming trade chat if you're going to block potential buyers/sellers instead of being willing to negotiate? 

its probably because people are fed up of over inflation. I still think rare tier arcanes should be worth at the very most 50p not 100 each.

Just now, Eureka.seveN said:

its probably because people are fed up of over inflation. I still think rare tier arcanes should be worth at the very most 50p not 100 each.

Still a bit exaggerating to have them block you. If they are really fed up, they should talk with their wallets, not with their instant isolation button.

10 minutes ago, Eureka.seveN said:

On ps4 good luck ever buying any that cheap. Either trade among friends /clan/alliance or... Rare arcanes are actually up to 150. And people are offering that much in trade chat. So 250 is not far off.

11 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

Still a bit exaggerating to have them block you. If they are really fed up, they should talk with their wallets, not with their instant isolation button.

I had someone block me because I took too long to respond... (a minute didn't even go past...)

Ah well, the second guy was really friendly, felt better selling him the Rhino P for around 80p.

First time i played "WoW" the trading system and auction house was from my perspective neuter, like whatever trading stuff.

After that "PoE" most stupid trading system, it is ridiculous of broken.

Warframe trading system still 100% stupid like "PoE" but at least it has his "balance".

Now i understand how good the system of auction house from "WoW" it is. Is not like in real world starting from a price.

When a major "UPDATE" in "WoW" is implemented some items have some stupid prices and the prices will drops down until people afford to buy them and as well you can keep your price but no one will buy it or maybe yes.

To end this trading stupidity implement an automatic auction housing system where people let their items for 12-24h at their wanted price.

After the time expires let them receive back in the inbox, as well as buying.

Let the hate begin. No one wants an auction house :(

Edited by Zari2015

so... You made forums account just to post it? Go to reddit to whine where you can get downvoted, I dare you.

I just wonder... What you told those people to get blacklisted. Like really. I've been both lowballing and gouging prices to such levels that I felt disgusted by myself... And in my nearing to one year I don't think I've ever been instantly put on ignore list by trading. Laughetd at? Yes. Insulted? Yes. But never, ever, straight out blacklisted.

On other hand I blacklisted a lot of "well educated traders" who were shoving me a price from WFT(in long long ago before warframe market) or wf-market and were dead set on those prices.

You're one of them?

Or you're just another newb who thinks he'll get buzzkill and frost prime for two-digit price in total?

And for love of RNG'esus, don't'ya dare to bring up AH subject here. Just use search button and necro one of dozens threads on this. I'll lend you a hand and post a summary here: It's not gonna happen.

If you ask me, well, I do block plenty of wts traders who has more than 3 lines. It's simply my way for having less clutter. 

I did remember one guy on the forum that blocks all sellers entirely leaving only buyers on the chat, which is good if you are an avid farmer. 

a new thread about greed, according to OP ? =)

seems to be usual here since a time ... whining about customers kills deals

try this in real life-business and you can shut down your business in a short amount of time, be of service and all is ok

and for a straight comment to the trade-chat: before a time things was really cheap, now they are mostly too expensive, dont tell me anything about grindwalls, i for myself dont honour or feed greed with plat, neither im interested where the ship "trading in warframe" moves

and i buy less at tradechat and i only respect and honour good healthy offers

and if somebody wanna argue: "look what DE does", i really dont care, the gaming industry has nothing in common with healthy economy ... just my 2 cents XD

Edited by Guest

Oh well , when I'm selling stuff I'm usually looking for offers , if interesed I do sell them / accept offer

but time to time there some dude who can't make an offers (or I'm getting this stupid answer "You're the seller tell your price") when this happen I just take my "idea of pricing" 

and do X100 of this price and ask to make an offers if he don't like my price(Ofc who would like 100x more , this is just to get his price) this is leading by blocking (very rare) , swearing (Well it happen), or when the dude is a bit smart getting his offer (That like getting a legendary core in sortie)

Also I do understand why some people do not offer , since they don't know price , they don't want to be ripped off (even if they could try to price check somewhere) .

But you know what I hate the most? People who PM you to sell/buy the item you want just to get a price check of there item...(because they have to sell to ...)

22 minutes ago, Chaosdreamer said:

But you know what I hate the most? People who PM you to sell/buy the item you want just to get a price check of there item...(because they have to sell to ...

that^

it is extremely annoying. but as business school student i know it is VERY bad idea to piss off possible future buyers so i let it slide and punch a wall

I usually try to work with ppl. I try to offer to below norms, and even try to work out trades if ppl are short. What sucks is when you're already nice, cutting a deal, or trying to find a work around for someone's benefit, b/c they're new or whatever and then try to scam you last second.

Had a new ppl want wanting to buy a part, he had 2k plat, but I still cut the price 50p off, and threw in 4 gold stances he needed for free. He got "dc'd" and it fell through. 2hrs later he messages saying he bought the part for more from someone else, but still wanted those stances for free. I said sure I suppose, his reply " Yeah, that's what I thought, hurry up a buddy is waiting." I replied with some regrettably banable things and hit ignore.

Now I try to be nice still, but it's getting harder. It doesn't help after 2am ppl lately have been thinking it funny to flood trading with region type chat bc the mods are all offline. Trading is getting rough on PS4.