The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is nikana prime blade the most elusive part in the void?

Endorphinz

Question

I have never wasted so much time trying to get one particular part, so I honestly have to wonder, how many people have gotten the Nikana prime blade? I'm actually livid right now because of how many times I've failed.

Pictured below, you can see I've gotten every other reward from T2 survival C rotation several times. I've added them up, and at 20-minute intervals, all those drops equal 22 hours of nonstop void survival. That's not including the time in between matches either.

I can't stress enough how angry I am at this. This is the least fun I could possibly imagine. But I guess it's not anyone's fault. After all, a system that rewards a player completely based on luck and not skill is mandatory for this kind of game.

CXxVkXt.jpg

24 answers to this question

Well, i had the opposite of your experience. I dropped two Blades in a relatively small time (totaling around 5hrs of farming iirc) but ever since the start of my WF career i only ever dropped one Soma Receiver.

Just bad luck man. Keep your spirits up and keep trying :)

9 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

I have never wasted so much time trying to get one particular part, so I honestly have to wonder, how many people have gotten the Nikana prime blade? I'm actually livid right now because of how many times I've failed.

Pictured below, you can see I've gotten every other reward from T2 survival C rotation several times. I've added them up, and at 20-minute intervals, all those drops equal 22 hours of nonstop void survival. That's not including the time in between matches either.

I can't stress enough how angry I am at this. This is the least fun I could possibly imagine. But I guess it's not anyone's fault. After all, a system that rewards a player completely based on luck and not skill is mandatory for this kind of game.

Luck has very little to do with your situation... drop rates for rare parts are PROGRAMMED to be very rare.  Luck has very little to do with crooked dice either.  Drops in WF generally and in the void specifically are weighted, which as a MUCH larger effect on what drops you receive than luck.  RNG is a small factor. 

The interesting thing is that your chances of getting the rare part you want is not shared by game makers.  Do you have a 1 in 1,000 chance or a 1 in 10,000 chance?  No one knows.  Perhaps you have a 1 in 50 chance today and a 1 in 10,000 chance tomorrow. No one knows.  This lack of information is interesting because the information on which mods and resources are rare is easily available. 

My question to you and other players: Would you be less frustrated when you don't get the rare part you want, IF you knew before you launched the mission that your odds of receiving that part was (hypothetically) 1 in 5,000?  The implications are clear; perhaps if players know the odds in advance, they'll be less frustrated (or simply not play the mission).    

3 hours ago, Yaer said:

Slash Dashed from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Be brave, Tenno. Endure with steadiness.

lol, of course, be brave and get more and more frustrated.  do you tell your neighbors to be brave and keep buying lottery tickets?

And then there's me, getting nikana blade on the 1st run but still no living sign of saryn p chassis after several survival runs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I thought spira blades were more of a hassle.

Yes, yes they were (are).

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

the 'most elusive' part is probably still Nova Systems. :)

But only because noone can be bothered to play ODS. I seem to get nova systems often enough when playing it.....WHEN playing it...

5 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

But only because noone can be bothered to play ODS. I seem to get nova systems often enough when playing it.....WHEN playing it...

eh, it could have changed the last time Void was rotated for Saryn, but i'd wager that it's still pretty unlikely to get.
and if people don't play it as a form of Rarity creation - that works too.

either way, a Nova Set is (within reason) pretty much name your price, and my platinum balance doesn't mind that at all.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

eh, it could have changed the last time Void was rotated for Saryn, but i'd wager that it's still pretty unlikely to get.
and if people don't play it as a form of Rarity creation - that works too.

either way, a Nova Set is (within reason) pretty much name your price, and my platinum balance doesn't mind that at all.

Nah, i was referring to ash p/trin p times. Not just lately. Since saryn p is here, i haven't played any ODS.

Edited by IceColdHawk