The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there Counter-Play to Shock Eximus?

Havenless

12 minutes ago, TheTundraTerror said:

Dear DEfendersTM,

It is perfectly okay to not agree with everything that DE does. It is totally fine to criticize the decisions they make. It is not bad to say that DE did something wrong. Saying otherwise makes you a fanboy.

People have opinions, and it's totally fine to respect them instead of adding a condescending comment that only serves to antagonise.

That said, it's been confirmed now that this'll be changed:

Edited by Kontrollo

20 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

People have opinions, and it's totally fine to respect them instead of adding a condescending comment that only serves to antagonise.

That said, it's been confirmed now that this'll be changed:

These people don't have "opinions" beyond the idea that DE can do no wrong. That is not an opinion worth respecting.

Glad it's being changed as it should have.

Edited by TheTundraTerror

3 minutes ago, TheTundraTerror said:

These people don't have "opinions" beyond the idea that DE can do no wrong. That is not an opinion worth respecting.

DE makes tons of mistakes (archwing needs help badly, and it needs the same level of focus conclave gets with each patch)

Shock eximus, in my eyes, were not one of them. 

4 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Why completely change dmg type, they should only decrease energy drain, from insta to only 50%. Now we can change Anciet Disruptor, because the same effect as Shock Eximus

Not even close. Ancient disruptors have a -->10% chance<-- to drain energy on strike

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Disruptor

Where the currect shock eximus has a 100% chance to remove all energy without even hitting you.

5 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Why completely change dmg type, they should only decrease energy drain, from insta to only 50%. Now we can change Anciet Disruptor, because the same effect as Shock Eximus

Except Ancient Disruptor isn't named "Ancient Shock Disruptor."

Shock is the appropriate damage type for the name and there is nothing wrong with Disruptors aside from their aiming abilities with that hook.

16 minutes ago, TheTundraTerror said:

Instead of namecalling you should come up with good counterpoints to their arguments is what I'm saying.

And if you can't respect other people's opinions and have to resort to attacking them directly instead of the content of their posts, then you're in the wrong place here. Read the forum rules.

Come on now guys, everyone's entitled to their opinions and thoughts on the issue.  We should be trying to better each other and get the right ideas out there.  If you disagree, simply state why.  Calling people out is only going to generate emotions and not provide any constructive change.  If anything, the well laid out thoughts here from both the pro-magnetic aura and other side represents a legitimate discussion of the meta in online gaming and how fan feedback should be taken.  

In this case and many others, the DE staff is doing a really good job of taking the right feedback, and fixing the right bugs.  I would have been fine with the mechanic if it was a % chance on melee hit.  It was the way that the mechanic was implemented in an aura that was 100% on radius which was just a bit over the top, because it forces an all or nothing paradigm that further removes freedom of diversity and choice in the game.

Edited by Saraphic
typo

I'm glad they're fixing this, but they should probably also just make the magnetic proc less insane while they're in the neighborhood. I'd prefer disrupt to just... disrupt my ability to use abilities for a bit rather than tanking my energy reserves. It's dramatically powerful as-is. 

On 7.3.2016 at 9:19 PM, IceColdHawk said:

Dear Inmemoratus, The time will come where you come back and hate about the shock eximus. Trust me. It's better to get their magnetic proc off the game now before it's too late.

18 hours ago, Inmemoratus said:

The more I see these guys the more I think not only should the aura radius be visually shown, but the aura needs to be smaller too. The radius should probably be somewhere between 3 and 4 meters.

Told ya :tongue: 

9 hours ago, Havenless said:

:thumbup: 

32 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Told ya :tongue: 

I never said I think the magnetic proc is too much. I just wanted them to tweak the aura and make it visible.

Looks like they took the easy way (no new assets needed) and just made it totally harmless. :|

On 3/6/2016 at 1:31 AM, Vyrndragon said:

That usually doesn't happen unless you (or they) are walking into another room or hallway. Just be cautious around doors and thin walls that could have enemies on the other side (or, really, anywhere you could feasibly be ambushed).

When Shock Eximi first came out (before the bug that disabled the Magnetic proc), you'd often see the aura's visual effect around you before the Magnetic proc hit. That warned the player an enemy was close and told them to move somewhere safe. If that is no longer the case, then I'm all for increasing the radius of the visuals to give a better warning.

You really want to slowly Pool und around corners when fighting armies of nullifiers and corpus techs and zapping ospreys at lvl 200+?

Thanks god. But I have a feeling that it was planned this way - we will be mad about this and we will completely forget about other nasty things, like energy leeches affecting toggled abilities now or non endless enemy spawn changes. It probably was planned to cancel this magnetic madness later from the very beginning. *take off tinfoil hat*

1 hour ago, ograzzt said:

Thanks god. But I have a feeling that it was planned this way - we will be mad about this and we will completely forget about other nasty things, like energy leeches affecting toggled abilities now or non endless enemy spawn changes. It probably was planned to cancel this magnetic madness later from the very beginning. *take off tinfoil hat*

Honestly, with the convergence pickups stealth-farming was deader than dead anyway. And again, with the convergence even Draco is boring and long as hell, especialy since you waste half of the time searching/assembling the team, then someone leaves afret 2 or even 1 round and you have to search for people again, and it's just... Too boring and long and takes any reason to even bother with the focus. Since it convergence came out I was able to drag myself only to lvl vazarin's new moon and mastery for it. Can't put myself to level something else there, it's not worth the time and effort anymore.

the shock bros are literally the only thing that adds any challenge to high level survival missions. i dont understand what everyones problem is with them, i run 1hr+ T4 survival runs with my friends every day after work and we've never had any issue. learn to adapt without relying on crutches.

If you'd wanted real challenge you'd be using some 'low'-tier weapons and  frames that can barely make it past 40 minute in surv without any need in artificial difficulty whatsoever. I like how everyone uses suitable-useful frames, focus schools and weapons such as simulors, tonkors, ect, with catalysts installed and prolly formad several times and cry "too ez! want challenge! don't care that other people might want just to farm of god forbid, have fun, don't care that for many staying even for more than 40-60 minutes is hard enough as it is, don't care about anything but myself, your opinion is irrelevant" instead of jusy adjusting their own damn gear and frames. There are many ways to limit yourself and make it a challenge, starting with bringing fragile frame with basically no health or shields, using abilities as less as possible or not using them at all or bringing vault keys with you, using only one weapon type like secondary and not some op weapon with that as well. 

13 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Instead of namecalling you should come up with good counterpoints to their arguments is what I'm saying.

And if you can't respect other people's opinions and have to resort to attacking them directly instead of the content of their posts, then you're in the wrong place here. Read the forum rules.

So, everyone has the right to their own opinions that needs to be respected until someone gets their precious feefees hurts. Good to know. I wasn't "namecalling" anyone. The only calling I was doing was calling people out for their unwillingness to dare accept that DE did anything wrong. How exactly is using the term DEfenderTM "namecalling" rather than giving a codifier to a group of people unwilling to accept DE's screw ups?

If you honestly think I was attacking people directly by saying "Hey, it's perfectly acceptable to admit DE made a mistake", you have invented a whole new phylum of delusion.

"Oh, but you called people fanboys!" Truth hurts, wear a helmet.

Edited by TheTundraTerror
inb4

2 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

If you'd wanted real challenge you'd be using some 'low'-tier weapons and  frames that can barely make it past 40 minute in surv without any need in artificial difficulty whatsoever. I like how everyone uses suitable-useful frames, focus schools and weapons such as simulors, tonkors, ect, with catalysts installed and prolly formad several times and cry "too ez! want challenge! don't care that other people might want just to farm of god forbid, have fun, don't care that for many staying even for more than 40-60 minutes is hard enough as it is, don't care about anything but myself, your opinion is irrelevant" instead of jusy adjusting their own damn gear and frames. There are many ways to limit yourself and make it a challenge, starting with bringing fragile frame with basically no health or shields, using abilities as less as possible or not using them at all or bringing vault keys with you, using only one weapon type like secondary and not some op weapon with that as well. 

so what youre saying, is things that are arguably supposed to be endgame, shouldnt be balanced around endgame gear? and that in order for it to feel like endgame should, a player should have to artificially impose their own restrictions on themselves, while the devs should just cater to people who want things to be far too easy? yeah no, thats not how that should work at all, now mind you, the shock eximus's should probably be reworked somewhat, probably a smaller aoe would suffice.

I never personally asked for them having no effect at all, I would've been fine with them having a very distinct bright violet bubble like the nullifiers and having less effect on us like removing only half of the energy if we enter the bubble and having this 'disruption' effect on the hud while approaching them. But I'm glad they will no longer be such a pain at the same time, because it's better than having them as they are now.

I've no idea since when staying for more than 1 hour became "so easy". Or you're just too deep into end-game stuff, and it's a surprise for you that staying longer than 40~50 minutes will result in you dealing less and less damage to enemies even with top weapons like said simulor or tonkor, especially in solo since you can't possibly remove the armor just with 1 cp (which is kinda ridiculous btw)? It already is as hard as it could be, the fact that you use some 'cheesy' as evryone like to call it frames and go with the team that presumably can boost your damage ot provide cover and stuff won't change the fact that the void, actually, is hard past 40 minute everywhere starting with t2. Some units you won't be able to kill at all or it will take forever and it's just not worth it. Plus not everyone is mr21 or so. If you go to the recruiting chat you'll see very few people would go for longer than 20 or 40 minutes in the surv. Last few times I was playing in the team (and that was even before shock eximi came back) all the people I've been playing with started dying often exactly at this point - around 40-50 minute. And it's not like they were some noobs or didn't know how to play or brought joke frames. 

And what's the difference between limiting yourself to not using your powers or using them less and getting all your energy sucked by those units? Same bloody thing. In both cases you don't have enough energy and the only difference is that the one is your choice because you want it to be harded the other ruins it for all the people who are having enough problems as it is. The answer to all of it that other devs found was simple for offline games - ng+. But since we don't really have that distinct separation in difficulty levels, forcing something like shock eximi on everyone is not an answer either.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

On 3/7/2016 at 3:25 AM, Rydian said:

Some players have been playing for so long that they find no challenge in the game anymore.
At this point they'll accept any challenge, no matter how broken.

As someone who has been playing for a while, I will say yes, this is part of the problem. I have no problem spoting a sniper or eximi in a hoard of enemy. I will see them and automatically dispatch of them. and I play quite casually.(a lot but casually) when shock eximi happen again, I just, casually, kill it and pop pizza.

On 3/7/2016 at 3:26 AM, Sunfaiz said:

All I'm thinking about is the new guys/ Casuals who are just fed up with having to deal with S#&amp;&#036; like this cause of.... uh ? Why do we have this one again? 

An as Sunfaiz said, this is a problem for ppl who do not have "The Frame, The Weapon, The Mod, and The Item." When they eventually get those, this become no problem at all. My R. Cernos with max out mod will one shot nearly everything and it very easy for me to kill eximi, but I do realize that Braton with poor-man mod will have problem. 

So. Yea. They're not a problem for me but I can see the problem ppl had. And NO, telling new player / lower tier player to "Just Get The Stuff" is not a good idea. IMO. (though I will admit that, getting a pizza is not much work and it'll help.)

PS.I will not comment on "End Game, LVL 100" stuff as i find them quite boring to do.

Not to mention, if the arcane resistance type arcane enhancements trigger to prevent the status, they arcane puts you into an staggered blocking animation until the arcane doesn't trigger again and the status effects you. Its especially annoying with the magnetic status from the Shock Eximus since you will be locked in place until either the Shock Eximus is dead or you get magnetized. Basically, the resistance arcane enhancements are not a method of preventing this effect from hurting the player.

Those things need to change. Just did a 60 minutes T3 Survival and got hit 18 times by those obnoxious Stock Eximus and their invisible aura. Thankfully I was playing Inaros and he probably of all frames is the least troubled by them.

Still, once at 50 minutes I still managed to die. That was after I run into a huge group of enemies (~ around 20) with one Shock Eximus in the front and one in the back...So they hit me twice after another just after I lost the effect from the previous proc the second one hit me... At that point my cheeso-meter went through the roof...

Seriously DE, fix those! At the very least make their aura visible! And no more Shock Eximus Nullifier! Those are nearly impossible to deal with for most frames with melee against higher level enemies.