The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.5.4

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, JoramOraka said:

What is Warframe about?

It's certainly not about plugging a little nodule into a computer, or puzzle minigames. I highly doubt these things would even come up if you were to pitch the game to a friend, until they asked about mission types. It's about killing enemies. Kill them quiet, kill them loud, kill them near, kill them far, kill them efficiently, kill them inefficiently, Whatever the secondary goal, mission or player objective, the core experience of Warframe is killing enemies.

I'll say that I think the way enemies spawn is, well bad, but passable. Simply pooping onto the screen sometimes within view of the player isn't exactly the most logical experience. Neither is running through a gigantic military base and having no more than 120 people react to your presence. There has to be a happy medium here, one that really wouldn't take a whole lot of work. There is certainly a solution that isn't quite as hamfisted as "If player has been on tile, disable spawn completely".

my point still stands, they're objective missions. yes killing is the core of the game but the objective still takes priority as it is required to finish the mission. and it's not like enemies aren't spawning either, the entire map is filled with them. only now enemies are spawning further on in the level making the escape more action filled as they aren't completely swarming you from the past 3 rooms you just made devoid of all life.

So, uh, yeah, those new spawn algorithm adjustments you forgot to mention? They've completely broken the cross-ship invasion tilesets. The ship you start out on is completely barren of AI spawns of any sort, and the game struggles to spawn all the missed enemies on the second ship, causing players to have to wait around ten minutes just to complete the mission.

Suffice to say, the AI Director still isn't working right.

10 hours ago, Schrodingers_Bodybag said:

Nope, nope, and nope. What is with people and saying first? It adds nothing of value to the topic and serves little more than a look-at-me flag for people that post that stuff. 

If I had any say in the matter, all "first" or whatever number posts would be just deleted as such, or the particular line removed if the post had additional content.
It's funny how people don't even get the "first" thing particularly on forums, since they never can be, as the "first post" is the original, if anything ;)

crippling every other way to gain focus than Draco... i call that a fail 

especially for Solo Players stealth focus farming was the only effective way 

sorry DE but the whole focus stuff is in a really bad state (it was and it is!) and prevented/still prevents me from enjoying the game like before

you even nerfed the Lens focus income from 5% to 1.25% (normal lens) for a temporary buff which is distracting you from your initional objective

btw. no Simulor bugfix yet

BUT i have to say i really like 18.5, especially the Quest was absolutely awesome, that mystical touch was brilliant and the new frame is probably one of the best you have ever released so far (new mechanics, viable, fun)

Edited by RAZORLIGHT

10 hours ago, DERebecca said:

Hotfix 18.5.4

lotus,I blocked the transaction.but,I did not receive any messages or warnings! And my platinum are also the official website recharge.I also follow the rules.This is a BUG, right?

莲花姐,我被封交易了。但是,我没收到任何邮件或是警告!还有我的白金也全是官网充值的。我也是遵守规则的。这是个BUG吧,对吗?

Please help me!

请帮帮我

All the salt over people's hyper-efficient focus farm meta getting a kick in the nuts.

Has anyone tried, uh, not powerfarming focus? Just... forget about it? Throw a lens onto whatever you're using, pick up glowy yellow blobs whenever you can, and take whatever focus you get over time? No one is forcing you to do it.

Besides, if your methods weren't exactly intended by design to begin with, what grounds do you have to complain? What, you can't play the game without having your nose to the grindstone anymore? Then that's your problem, not the game's. People keep burning themselves out on repetitive meta grind, max everything in about one-twentieth of the time it would take otherwise, and then complain about how there's nothing to do in game after.

1 hour ago, McDuffMan said:

my point still stands, they're objective missions. yes killing is the core of the game but the objective still takes priority as it is required to finish the mission. and it's not like enemies aren't spawning either, the entire map is filled with them. only now enemies are spawning further on in the level making the escape more action filled as they aren't completely swarming you from the past 3 rooms you just made devoid of all life.

Enemies aren't spawning aside from the initial spawns, and maybe a squad of 10 if you're lucky with an alarm. You clear a tile and that's it. Sabotage cache hunting becomes a glorified where's waldo, while spy becomes an experience as fun as jogging through an abandoned airport as you backtrack through tiles to get to the next objective. Deception, well, I never really bothered with it after unlocking all the nodes but I assume it's pretty empty too. I understand that enemies immediately spawning behind you is silly, but so are completely empty maps. They could put in some sort of timer maybe, anything would be better than one they have now and alleviate my problems. As far as my escapes being more action filled - they only are for about a tile or two and then the same bleak emptiness I've been subject to since 18.5 dropped, that'll teach me for sniffing out those caches.

How it is now, I no longer enjoy Sabotage, Spy, or Deception. I already disliked Defense, Interception, and Exterminate game types. That leaves me with what? Survival and Mobile Defense, and the odd rescue. Literally over half the game might as well be dead to me - all because of a change that as far as I can tell was implemented because of focus. I barely ever bothered to even pick up the focus balls I care so little about that aspect of the game, so maybe it's why I'm so indignant about this. 

THanks, thought for some reason when i play atlast and use his first abilitie he gets stuck in a wall or near a door. and when i press /unstuck. he doesnt get unstuck he just gets stuck where i was standing with him :( 

2 hours ago, FelisImpurrator said:

All the salt over people's hyper-efficient focus farm meta getting a kick in the nuts.

Has anyone tried, uh, not powerfarming focus? Just... forget about it? Throw a lens onto whatever you're using, pick up glowy yellow blobs whenever you can, and take whatever focus you get over time? No one is forcing you to do it.

Besides, if your methods weren't exactly intended by design to begin with, what grounds do you have to complain? What, you can't play the game without having your nose to the grindstone anymore? Then that's your problem, not the game's. People keep burning themselves out on repetitive meta grind, max everything in about one-twentieth of the time it would take otherwise, and then complain about how there's nothing to do in game after.

guess what, some players are playing the game for years now and the only real motivation they have left (because they farmed everything they want) is the focus system.

4 hours ago, Dragonsurge2000 said:

so you didnt fix the bug with the staticor where it wont fire then shame that makes the wepon unuseable.

Oh that's a thing? That explains a lot. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon!

Glad to see the hotfixes though, always impressed by the team's efforts to get everything working just right