The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kill a bursa?

Saris81

Question

17 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, taiiat said:

shoot it in the butt - specifically the Hack Panel, that's the Weakpoint.

how you get around behind it is your own accord, whether that's CC from an Ability / Weapon, or double teaming it.

Hehe... Shoot it in the butt... Get around Behind it... Double Teaming it...

You naughty Tenno you. ;D

But yes, he's completely right. Getting behind the Bursas and finding ways to stun them while you deal damage to it is key. Once it's down, you hack it. Then you're good.

But when 5 or 6 of these guys pile up in a Corpus Sortie Interception... oh god... you better be prepared to die several times over.

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Hehe... Shoot it in the butt... Get around Behind it... Double Teaming it...

You naughty Tenno you. ;D

Says the one who gets satisfied by his tenno's mouth.

42 minutes ago, Saris81 said:

these S#&$s are so @(*()$ hard to kill

Got inaros? Press 2. Got Nekros? Press 2 and then 1. Got Trin? Press 2...use cc abilities to your advantage. Then backstab'em.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Says the one who gets satisfied by his tenno's mouth.

Got inaros? Press 2. Got Nekros? Press 2 and then 1. Got Trin? Press 2...use cc abilities to your advantage. Then backstab'em.

I told you... That was just a joke... xD

But I can see why you say that now... Well played IceHawk, well played indeed.

I will now recede into my cavern of mystical whimsy... otherwise known as my bedroom.

Good night everyone!

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Solo:

Any frame with a stun skill and very high DPS weapon (S.Tigris, Tonkor, etc).

Radiation damage.

Less viable in high level sorties when weapons struggle against the high armor.

Group:

Get 1 guy to play as valkyr and he becomes the dedicated bursa killer. Get good duration, efficiency and str. Sacrifice range. Naramon passive is helpful.

Works even without melee weapon.

Activate hysteria. Slide attack the back for rapid sequences of 5 hits, which also builds your combo counter for more damage. No crowd control needed.

Sortie level 3 bursas should die in a few seconds at most, even without melee weapon.

Valkyr VS Nulls: Melee to destroy the null bubble first (be careful not to step into the bubble), then kill the nullifier, then kill the bursa hiding inside.

Edited by yiLuxiON

- If you stay really close behind the bursa, it just tries to turn around to face you, making it really easy to circle strafe and kill
- Circle strafing behind the bursa can be done with any weapon, i used quanta vandal in the demo vid cause it's my fav weapon. Weaker weapons just take longer to kill.
- Always approach a bursa by rolling directly behind it, doing that will prevent you from being knocked down by it's shield slam attack.
- It's also very efficient to kill bursas using melee weapons through this tactic (considering your melee wep is good).
- Doing this while fighting several extremely high level bursas at same time will be really difficult, in that case you'll probably need a good CC warframe power.

Demo Vid:

Spoiler

Frontal jump kicks wont work. Atleast when I tried. When I see his butt I shoot - not jumpkick.

Low lvl bursa (lvl 30+) with mag pull
gblgY22.gif
http://i.imgur.com/gblgY22.gifv

Bit higher lvl bursa (lvl 60+) with sentinel coolant leak
dl8QJ6s.gif
http://i.imgur.com/dl8QJ6s.gifv

The prob is the other 3 adhd shockwave bursas and 20 nullifiers, 15 moas, 10 ospreys and 25 crewmen while trying to kill the first bursa.

Edited by carnaga