The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible New Melee Types

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I'm a huge fan a melee in warframe . Most of my post are about melee tbh , so I wanted to ask the community what are possible melee types the developers can come out with ? I'll edit it in the op, as y'all suggest 

New Types

dual Nikana

great scythes 

katars 

Ice-skates (yes skates lol)

throwing axes 

spears

flail 

dual shields 

rwby scythe 

spikey cpt America shield

Morning star 

spear & shield

Dual Hammers ?

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

As impossible as the coding would likely be, I'd love some melee where you grab the enemy, and swing them around as a temporary weapon. Smack a grineer with his buddy.

any additions to the "up-in-your-face" weapons, like fists, are appreciated.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

They did say we´re gonna get dual throwing axes,some time,soon...

"I just wanted to throw it out there..."

5 minutes ago, chainchompguy3 said:

"I just wanted to throw it out there..."

That pun is unAXEceptable. 

Before we start dipping too deeply into the wildly exotic weapons (ever see a four-bladed lightsaber?) I'd like them to introduce some respectable channeling weapons in the existing classes.  Maybe go so far as to have unique channeling features if need be. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I'm a huge fan a melee in warframe . Most of my post are about melee tbh , so I wanted to ask the community what are possible melee types the developers can come out with ? I'll edit it in the op, as y'all suggest 

New Types

dual Nikana

great scythes 

katars 

Ice-skates (yes skates lol)

throwing axes 

spears

- while this is plausible, and Teshin has his own Dual Nikanas, I reckon they would just end up being rehashed a yet another Dual swords weapon (I hope not)

- yes, Scythes aren't really the right size, but a really large scythe could just be wielded the same as the others, but slower and with more reach.

- we technically have a Katar in the Redeemer, as it has a similar Grip, though the Blade is far Shorter and wider. a less conventional option would be the Pata: an armoured, enclosed Gauntlet with a long blade attached to it.

- a lot of people want to see more kicking, though it does affect our mobility. a slash-based Sparring weapon with Ice skates and Bladed gloves/Knuckle Dusters would be pretty cool.

- I would definitely like to see Throwable melee Axes, Spears and other weapons that function like Glaives. we ould also have a large, Bowie-style knife that can be thrown for massive damage at range or used to chop up enemies in melee.

Blunt weapons like clubs and hammers could be neat if done right (Though I fear people will just go "Ewww impact" like it's some form of sickness).

Kicking melee, we have fist melee and full sparring melee, now we just need sick kicks.

Also yes to spears.

Dual nikanas (I believe Daisho is the name?) might be good, just depends on the stances, plus they'd have to compete with the existing single nikanas which might become a problem.