Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #71!

[DE]Rebecca

Question:
Some time ago, there was a rumor around that Warframe will feature a replacement for trade chat and recruiting chat by having additional UI element like a lobby browser. Is this still a thing on the TODO list or was it just wishful thinking by the community ?

Question:
Can we please make the top right icons display all at once and make them interactive (for example build finished icon brings you to foundry and scrolls to the first finished item) ?

New Archwing nodes, with more Archwing content, and on more than the few planets they're on? I keep having to run the Mars mobile defense node to get at least decent experience gains, but that's not the main concern. I'm really just concerned with how little content there is for Archwing.

What about reworking the design of older outdated primes like frost or excalibur? What's with pbr for Ember Prime, Nyx prime , Excalibur Prime and so on?  Especially ... what's with our old Excalibur Prime Channeling Pattern? (Its been years)

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

Have yet to see this touched on by the last few devstreams, so, I'd like to ask this again.

To Scott specifically:

I suggested Nekros' Desecrate being turned into an Aura on twitter to you awhile ago, mainly because it's not Gameplay™ (meaning: "fun") to stand around and mash 3 for a lot of people. I main Nekros and feel that it functioning similarly to Pacify/Provoke except it consumes energy (or health, with Despoil!) per corpse makes a lot of sense. It would allow Nekros to proceed and experience Gameplay™

The question being: Is Nekros' Desecrate turning into a toggle/aura still in the pipe, or did something happen to turn you off of it?

1)Any news on excal umbra? Like,an actual time or date we'll get him on?

2)When are the market prices going to be better (Every new player would think it's a scam because of the absurd price)?

3)What's the status on the new skins (Oberon and banshee)?

4)When's dark sectors coming back?

5)We've seen new augments for frames such as Equinox,but are there any planned for weapons?

Hello!

Is companion 2.0 a thing?

As of now the companions own abilties are still mods you need to equip like the old warframe abilities, this can cause alot of confussion for players like: Why does my carrier not use sanctuary when I revive? Well because your mod for it to fire is on a slot that has higher priority so it will shoot closeby enemies instead.

Looking forward to the Devstream and especially mag rework, she was my starter back in 2013 ^^

Question 1:

Since I main Mag and since the Mag rework is being discussed I feel like now is a good time to bring this up...again.

Assuming Shield Polarize isn't being completely removed...

Would it be possible to get back the visual effect of Mag's Shield Transference augment mod? It was previously removed because its energy colour was based off of Mag's energy colour and some people complained that when you're aiming it greatly reduced your visibility depending on what colour you use.

I personally never had this issue because I always run black as Mag's energy colour which gives her abilities a clear/smokey/glass look that's near completely transparent.

It was discussed in an old thread that received a reply from a DE staff member but their reply only disclosed why the effect was removed and the discussion about ways to fix it was more or less ignored by said staff member.

As stated in that thread, the 2 most obvious/effective ways of remedying the problem would be to give Mag a new separate colour option specifically for Shield Transference (in the same manner that the "Auxiliary" button shows up as an additional button for Warframes that have Auxiliary pieces), or to just make the effect an on/off toggle under your display settings similar to the "Constant Weapon Trail" and "Weapon FX" toggles.

I'm pretty pissed off it was removed because it looked cool as **** and it set apart the Mags that use Shield Transference from the ones that don't. For whatever reason the "Show Player List" option is off by default in Warframe so right off the bat there's a ridiculous amount of players who don't have it enabled and don't know it exists and can't see their teammates values. For the people that do have it on...I'd rather have them ask me "Hey how do you get that sick-looking bubble around you?" instead of asking me "How do you get purple shields?"

If Shield Polarize is removed with the rework can I just have a bubble around my Mag anyways please? Perhaps a magnetic field around her body or an "atmosphere" of sorts?

Question 2:

Could we have the ability to toggle equipped mods on our Warframes and weapons brought in to a mission on and off while in a mission?

It would really help partially/completely alleviate various problems that arise from having bad synergies between players while in a mission without having to abort the mission - especially if you're too far along in to a mission to reinvite someone.

For example maybe someone brings Physique or Steel Charge in to a LoR and it causes problems for your Blessing Trinity - that person could toggle off their aura remedying the problem without having to abort the raid and start over again.

I understand that this is probably the worst example I can give because you should obviously be taking the time to properly assemble your group before going in to a mission, but the way I see it it's not like such a feature would be game-breaking or unfair or "OP" in any way.

If I brought the mod with me to the mission I should be able to "take it out" or disable/enable it on the fly while in a mission, no? Think of it like being able to turn the traction control on and off in your car.

Sometimes I run in to the issue of having too much Power Range on my Warframe and the range interferes in a negative way with another player in my group. It would be cool to toggle Stretch or Overextend on or off as needed in such a situation.

It could also serve to make gameplay more dynamic for some users.

For example maybe someone using a Penta/Secura Penta at one point in their mission wants/requires their grenades to be sticky but then at another point in the mission they feel like they'd benefit more from having the bounce mechanic.

If they bring Adhesive Blast with them in to the mission on their Penta, they can toggle it on or off as they needed.

The GUI for this would obviously have to be similar to the GUI for pulling up the mission/drop stats window while in-mission or hitting esc...but maybe be a little faster/more responsive since it's intended to be an on-the-fly thing. What I mean is when you press P to pull up mission stats, not only does the GUI come up slowly, but your camera gets redirected and zooms in and what not as your Warfame raises their hand up to "project" the GUI.

The GUI for something like this should resemble your HUD like your ammunition display and just popup and disappear instantly without doing anything to your camera so that you can keep your focus on the action.

Question 3:

Can we get the ability to board other squad members ships?

Question 4:

When we enter Dojos we kind of just pop up in them out of thin air. Where is our Liset being parked? How did we get in the Dojo in the first place?

Can Dojos have landing docks akin to the ones found in relays?

Question 5:

Can you make a completely separate chat channel for Draco so all the people that love sitting in Draco all day can spam that channel instead? 99% of all the things people host and look for in the recruit channel is Draco. It's literally just a constant wall of Draco and it overshadows the other productive things people are trying to host and look for besides trying to enlarge their mastery E-peens.

Edited by Verdegrand

On the topic of alternate gendered Warframes, would DE consider opening the field to the people over at Steam Workshop? Since the drive is mostly from players, perhaps it would be appropriate to let the players design the new models and skins for frames that DE hasn't designed to be specifically a single gender. Whether or not this is done as a competition where the designer gets a once-off reward (so that players aren't forced to buy something that many would argue should be free) is something else to consider.

On a similar note, how come we can't change the visual-appearance of our Operator's gender? We've got voices, yes. They're androgynous, yes. However... I for one would quite appreciate being able to add a little more familiarity to my Operator.

Question

1. are mods such as serration etc still be removed?

2. If yes, then when? Time frame?

3. Archwing mod portfolio increase?

4. More archwing lore?, new wings?, weapons?, missions?

5. Any premuim skins being considered for other frames apart from the stated ones?

6. Banshee premuim skin tentative release date / time frame ?

7. Extent of damage due to recent ddos attacks?

8. Stances, any new stances? Or melted weapon type being introduced?

Edited by APSingh