Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #71!

[DE]Rebecca

Join us this Friday, March 18th for Devstream #71!

Who: The usual crew is back on the couch!

What: We'll be talking about and demonstrating our WIP prototype for Mag's ability rework, as well as taking general Q&A! We have some cool new game sound features to listen to, so join us with your ears at the ready!

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this Friday, March 18th at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 18th!  Get your questions in!  

In order of importance:

Loot-providing “meta” skills, such as Desecrate and Pilfering Swarm, have been known to compel toxic behaviors, and encourage players to cheese missions with these frames for rewards (loot caving, 4 Ivaras pickpocketing Misery, etc) rather than play dynamically. While they are not "required", their benefit is compounded by the less than 1% drop chances on rare items making them the most effective strategy of loot advancement, as well as overshadowing other builds for the frames that have them. Why continue to make more of these skills, instead of positively adjusting base loot tables relative to mods and resources, and giving more room to customize frames like Nekros and Hydroid?

Presently all melee weapons share the same base stats in newer systems - Channeling, Comboing and Charging - and hidden stats relative to Stealth and Blocking. Have you considered altering these base stats for some weapon types, to enhance build variety and increase the value of weaker or "middle of the pack" weapons?

The revamp to Focus presently encourages players to ignore distressed allies in favor of being "hallway heroes" during Convergence, while the random drop locations on Convergence often call for players to travel great distances away from party members. What is the next step, in dealing with this anti-teamplay?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items, to prevent the need to overwrite the tints on re-PBR'd frames like Loki Prime... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

Edited by Archwizard

We need mods 3.0!!!

This is an idea I (and surely many more) proposed long time ago.

----------------

Let's say this is your build for a level 30 weapon with installed catalyst (60 mod points available):

Stormbringer(11 points), Hellfire(11 points), Piercing Hit(9 points), Speed Trigger(9 points), Cryo Rounds(9 points)

That equals to 49 points. But now you want to install your Serration (14points)... But 49+14=63 -> that exceeds your available mod points. So what are you gonna do? You gonna adjust the points of the mod. So you for example take away 3 points from Hellfire mod. And now it will look like this:

Stormbringer(11 points), Hellfire(8 points), Piercing Hit(9 points), Speed Trigger(9 points), Cryo Rounds(9 points), Serration(14 points)

Because it's not very efficient to fuse the same mod separately just to make it 7 points because with the maxed it exceeds your available mod points.

l259lG7.png

NOTE: Taking away points from a mod is NOT permanent - you will be able to use full or different level of mod whenever you want.

----------------

Edited by Andrew016

Since last time was U18.5 and none got asked... Let's copy pasta! :P In Devstream #53, someone mentions the Burston getting a redesign. A concept is shown in the Devstream. I was wondering what happened to this?

Taken from AM Bunny's Devstream overview:

0jih1cc.png

I was wondering if the Braton is ever going to get a more Tenno looking counterpart? Perhaps a direct upgrade to the standard model that looks and feels closer to our Orokin counterpart?

Also, is the Latron getting some love soon? The base one I mean. Beyond PBR, the model and texture "distribution" looks old, and I was wondering if it's getting the Boar treatment, which was cool. (and some buffs to it and/or its Prime if possible, because, well, why not. Maybe in Syndicate mod form? *hint hint*).

Warframes wise:

-Since Mag and Volt are getting reowrked I know this is going to take quite a while, but is there any advancement on Ash's Bladestorm and Oberon's tuning? (maybe we ended up getting the last one, but I'm not 100% sure).

New this week:

-And to add to the above and to the reworks: Is Volt going to be the next rework? Does Scott expect to start it shortly after Mag?

Hope you can pick one Rebbeca! ^^

Edited by NightmareT12
Time-derp

If I understand correctly, we can ask questions from here, and they may be addressed during the Stream?
If that is the case : 
Was the idea of adding more weapons syndicate augment considered in the near past?
Many weapons (including the Mutalist Cernost, Ack and Brunt and so on), would profit from new mods greatly, while not creating a new power curve. A good example is the (Prisma) Dual Cleaver, and the (Prisma) Skana - those weapon see fair share of usage, allow beta testing of Syndicate Melee and are arguably easy to integrate and manage from server side.

Excalibur Umbra.

It has been 8 months and we have received nothing. Please give us something, it just seems like an intentionally ignored topic and no longer a side project on hold.

I am begging you to please try to understand what the players are going through. We have been left in the dark for 8 months, haven't received any solid information,-and every time it's spoken of on a Devstream, the same answer is given and the subject is changed almost immediately. Please do not do the same with this devstream and please don't ignore it entirely (again). 

Spoiler

Would you ever consider releasing Umbra as a temporary skin while you work on his lore and dedicated "system"? I feel this would calm down the players harassing devs over social media, and appease the players who yearn for Umbra right now, while also being an advantage to players who want Umbra to have meaning as well (because they know the skin is only temporary and the actual release of Umbra is later on).  This way they can play with his model currently, and then later have the skin removed to play as the actual Umbra that has full lore and systematic depth.

Yes, I obviously want an early (immediate...) release, but so do many others. It has been long enough. I apologize if I appear rude, but 8 months of absolute silence is not something I-and many others-can approach with happiness.

Edited by LazerSkink

hi so when are old stances like both polearms stances, brutal tide, coiling viper, ect are goig nto get improvements as they are now all these stances only have one combo outside of their default, will these stances ever be brought up to the same quality as the other stances in the game.

Awhile ago you also previewed a new tonfa stance but we have yet to hear any more news and its been several months

Spoiler

Tonfa.gif

whats the ETA on the oberon and banshee deluxe skins?

can you guys tell us if you expect to release Excalibur Umbra before or after the new star chart

Have you guys ever thought about providing the game a deeper crafting system to give the foundry a bit more depth? Maybe more craftable usables or being able to craft weapon/warframe augments. With the addition of more crafting materials I believe this could give more planets more use as you could specify areas in the solar chart to drop more diverse things?

Any chance of being able to color wraith and vandal weapons in the future? Also, most factions in Warframe seem to have an upgraded (wraith, prime, vandal) version of their weapons. Will this ever happen to the Infested? I've always wanted an upgraded Phage since it was the first weapon I ever invested or infested a catalyst and forma into. I would also say for the Sentient but since their only weapons are War and Broken-War that's a long way off.

With paid revives gone and tons more cosmetics than there were when open beta started, are there any plans to visit other old paid mechanics like inventory slots? I'm not against spending platinum, but it feels better when the thing I'm buying is an actual reward (a new item, cosmetic or otherwise) rather than the (temporary) removal of an existing restriction. Things like inventory slots (and, once you get to endgame, catalysts/reactors) feel more like upkeep than anything fun or exciting.

Any plans to add more combos to stances/weapons that currently have very few? In specific I'm thinking of both polearm stances, Pointed Wind, Iron Phoenix, Sinking Talon, and Coiling Viper, all of which only have one non-basic combo.

Any ideas for new katanas besides the Nikana line? I'd love to see a Corpus-themed katana myself. Also wouldn't mind seeing a few more options for other weapon categories that currently have very few--sparring and whip weapons are what I'm thinking of in particular, as they only have 2-3 each.

What are some of the biggest inspirations for Warframe? I'd imagine that the Metroid Prime trilogy is one of them, since there are plenty of similar themes and such.

Would you consider some way(obviously not an easy way) to obtain inventory slots without platinum?

Is there any plans to look back at Tenno spectres? Relics of Rescue 2.0, these specters provided a portable tenno companion that greatly added to solo play. With the addition of syndicate guests however, they've seemed to be lost to the ages.

Are there any plans or discussions on revisiting them?

And also, syndicate quests. When? (If ever)

Edited by Buzkyl

So with the introduction of Lesion, I started using Polearm stances more. Though I was surprised to see that both stances for them only have 1 combo each. Is there any chance that sometime soon these stances could have more combos added to them, or for a new polearm stance with more combos to be made?