Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still no flashlight toggle :/

AdunSaveMe

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

They literally used up all buttons on both console controllers. Some weapons are already unusable on consoles. So, no.

And we are gonna run out of keys on PC eventually. Even grenades would have a hard time fitting in somewhere

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

They literally used up all buttons on both console controllers. Some weapons are already unusable on consoles. So, no.

Consoles can have it on the radial menu. Not putting in something as basic as a toggle because controllers can't handle it is stupid. So, yes.

Put the toggle in the settings or radial menu. Those that want it can keep it, the others can just leave it off. This way no buttons are wasted.

I also agree that the flashlight is kinda lacking in usefulness. Can the frames have a sort of dark vision instead?

1 minute ago, AutoPhox said:

Put the toggle in the settings or radial menu. Those that want it can keep it, the others can just leave it off. This way no buttons are wasted.

I also agree that the flashlight is kinda lacking in usefulness. Can the frames have a sort of dark vision instead?

Now that would be something else, if we can confirm they actualy have eyes that is.

Just now, Henji said:

Now that would be something else, if we can confirm they actualy have eyes that is.

Don't see why not. We see through whatever is inside the Warframe, so even if it's just helmet optics, night vision makes perfect sense.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Don't see why not. We see through whatever is inside the Warframe, so even if it's just helmet optics, night vision makes perfect sense.

Hmmmm, thats debatable.

Are we seeing trough the warframe or trough the operator's eyes ? I know the operator has a 3rd person view but that could be due to gameplay pourposes.

Edited by Henji

5 minutes ago, Henji said:

Hmmmm, thats debatable.

Are we seeing trough the warframe or trough the operator's eyes ? I know the operator has a 3rd person view but that could be due to gameplay pourposes.

Are the characters in Gears of War having an out-of-body experience? Warframes have optics, we know that much.

1 hour ago, Henji said:

I want toggle for flashlight but for the opposite reason

I thought this was what the thread was about when I saw the subject. Sometimes I find myself in these super-pitch-black corridors wondering 'where is my flashlight? It comes on when I don't even need it other times..'

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Are the characters in Gears of War having an out-of-body experience? Warframes have optics, we know that much.

That comparison was horrible but okay, I guess Neural Sensors can be considered as such.

Just now, Gildarts-bb said:

Night vision please, we are super advanced space ninjas what are we we using kids flashlights? And we can't even control those sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. 

I also wonder why the hell we need a case to bring Lotus to terminals if we can dematerialize captured enemies with our bare hands..

3 minutes ago, Henji said:

That comparison was horrible but okay, I guess Neural Sensors can be considered as such.

Those remote camera consumables also 'override Warframe optics'.

1 minute ago, Henji said:

I also wonder why the hell we need a case to bring Lotus to terminals if we can dematerialize captured enemies with our bare hands..

Same reason you might need a USB to upload a virus to a computer. Can't always do it wirelessly.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Those remote camera consumables also 'override Warframe optics'.

Same reason you might need a USB to upload a virus to a computer. Can't always do it wirelessly.

• Tenno Selfie sticks
  • I Think it would be more interesting if instead of holding a totaly impratical case we would instead have Lotus uploaded in one of the warframes and then have this warframe upload her into the system similar to how we ''harvest'' captured enemies, I think it would bring intresting challanges to the MD missions.

Just now, Noabettiet said:

I sort of miss those full dark infestation missions where you couldn't see crap without a flashlight. 

That would be cool if the flashlight actually worked 100% of the time, but the current flashlight will randomly not work when it should and work when it should not. So yeah either toggle (on a real grown up flashlight not the kiddie thing we have now) or night vision (also with a toggle cause the auto detect seems wonky)

It's never given me performance issues, and it's the opposite of useless IMO. I want a toggleable flashlight too- but for the exact opposite reasons that you do. I want it so that I can actually see in these pitch black areas that the game decides not to turn my flashlight on in. I personally think they should swap from a flashlight to night vision of some sort though. Not some stereotypical green-nightvision either, something else. We're space ninjas- why do we still rely on our weapons using flashlights? Flashlights take up space, stick out making stuff harder to handle, they get caught on stuff, and they add to weight. These super suits have to have some sort of darkness-compensation built in. Sure- infested missions are always going to be a lot creepier when your light is shining on that horde coming at you from the darkness, but for actual gameplay it's painful.

25 minutes ago, Henji said:

For a change, if they are meat puppets, they probably have no meat inside, and are a biomechanical dream, with no need for eyes as it can surely sense through any kind of ambiguous methods that I don't think include looking through the helmets like with X-ray or some similar stuff.

14 minutes ago, Gildarts-bb said:

Night vision please, we are super advanced space ninjas what are doing we using kids flashlights? And we can't even control those sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. 

As to why, I would like to remember people that the atmosphere of the game, and it's surroundings specially with infested, are supposed to be "dark" and "tragic" since, we are fighting a bunch of dead corpses moving by the will of some hive-mind creature, while at the same time walking literally on their graves, as to which I mean the ships, and maps where they all died, and where infestation kicked the f*ck out of every single trait of civilization only to leave an empty shell, that so happens to have no consistent lightning system, because all the "post-apocalyptic" sh*t usually goes by "there's no energy!" or something like that.

12 minutes ago, Henji said:

The hand thing seems to be a one way gate only, and only to ship stuff directly to the "extraction" whatever that seems to mean. My guess is, it creates a small cube (similar to the gun in Mastermind) and the only place where the cube can be re-materialized is under Lotus orders.

I think a flashlight toggle would be great. Here's how you get DE to introduce it:

Monetize it. Add different types/colours of flashlights for platinum, and maybe even laser sights etc. Then, DE's making money off it so they'll want to put some effort into refining it, ie toggle keys, etc.

Just a thought.