Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Resolved) Issue with Steam Tennogen skins on Prime frames

Xardis

Fix didn't happen yet as of Update 18.13 it seems. Chestplate is still there.

One can even see an exact, ugly-looking cutoff line under her left arm, where the actual Tennogen skin starts.Bx4XtLG.jpg

Edited by Sold0ut

This is a simple problem, DE dealt with this before - ALL deluxe skins. Prime or not, model of a frame was determined by the skin. I want the same here. Prime parts on her neck, chest, legs, hands and even exhausts ruin my setup. Why they wont change it is beyond me.

52 minutes ago, Neptlude said:

Some suggestions I made for fixing the skins...

what ye guys think?

Gonna post here what I posted on the separate thread (even though I think one thread is good enough and you could have just replied here):

My personal ideal would be to remove the entire chestplate, and at most keep the golden (colorable) filigree thing that separates it into two awkward parts. Not one of those weird half-measures.

16 minutes ago, GKDK said:

Man was really looking forward to buying those lovely skins for nova prime. They're all butchered and messed up right now. Sad. 

At least helmets are unaffected (if you dont mind the neck piece).

20 hours ago, GKDK said:

Man was really looking forward to buying those lovely skins for nova prime. They're all butchered and messed up right now. Sad. 

It currently works out if you cover up the chestpiece with a good attachment that just hides it away. But yeah, this fix is still needed.

Here's something you can do until the fix actually is implemented: http://i.imgur.com/D5W6B7B.jpg

This does not change that the chestplate still needs a fix though.

Edited by Sold0ut
Changed to link-view

12 hours ago, Nevaris said:

Just add an option to remove the prime parts or remove as a whole, which holds true for deluxe skins. I much rather prefer Nova Prime parts gone and away when equipping a new skin.

This, I like Nova Prime's looks. But I want to have the Visage skin equipped, and just the Visage skin. No Prime bling anywhere to be seen. I have to rebuild normal Nova in order to actually use this skin. Which wouldnt be a problem if not for having to buy a new slot to hold it... Maybe they will fix it completely eventually, I dont see myself getting Hydroid anytime soon anyways...

49 minutes ago, Pyus said:

4AAWLWI.jpg

Comparison, I'd rather have the skin be uniform as the non-prime (left) 

I do like the Visage skin without the prime parts too! However, I don't want to go through the trouble to forma the regular nova 5 times in order to bring her on par with my Nova Prime. 

10 hours ago, Nevaris said:

I do like the Visage skin without the prime parts too! However, I don't want to go through the trouble to forma the regular nova 5 times in order to bring her on par with my Nova Prime. 

Something you really can't do. Nova Prime has two stat buffs over normal Nova, and the energy orb passive that gives you 250 energy is incredibly helpful on her as a caster frame.

It will be best if we have the "Prime Parts ON/OFF" switch like for holsters.

Because why the deluxe skins won't suffer from this issue? Cause they are completely new models. BUT! They ruin the prime look. And DE allowed it. Then why there is still no such switch?

Edited by FollowTheFaceless

I LOVE both the lamia and visage skins for Nova.  I do not like how Nova prime's prime bits and chest plate override these gorgeous skins and all the other skins for Nova.  Was hoping DE would fix it today, but nope.  Adding my two cents in hopes that this helps get DE's attention and a possible fix for it.

4 minutes ago, Flatflyer said:

Well, 18.13.2 is out and still no fix for their missing "fix" for the skins

guess we're not getting the skins fixed for a while (if ever)

I was truly hoping for the fix for her Tennogen Skins. :c I guess we gotta wait for update 19.

9 hours ago, Nevaris said:

I was truly hoping for the fix for her Tennogen Skins. :c I guess we gotta wait for update 19.

9 hours ago, MariAnnette said:

I LOVE both the lamia and visage skins for Nova.  I do not like how Nova prime's prime bits and chest plate override these gorgeous skins and all the other skins for Nova.  Was hoping DE would fix it today, but nope.  Adding my two cents in hopes that this helps get DE's attention and a possible fix for it.

According to a conversation I had wit Hitsu_San (the guy that made Visage), they supposedly are planning for a patch that lets players use Tennogen skins with the base frame model.

That said, I don't know if DE consider this 'already done' just because of that one nova prime patch note for a change that I honestly can't find.

The default mechanism for applying texture-based skins to prime Warframes is that all the prime-specific sections stay and the main body of the Warframe uses the new skin, you might not like the results but the application of these skins to Nova Prime is completely consistent with other primes, obviously other primes don't have custom sections of chest.

If you really don't like it, use Nova, there is no way to "fix" this without ruining it for other people. Outside of custom UIU changes which aren't even remotely cost-effective.

Edited by SilentMobius

2 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

The default mechanism for applying texture-based skins to prime Warframes is that all the prime-specific sections stay and the main body of the Warframe uses the new skin, you might not like the results but the application of these skins to Nova Prime is completely consistent with other primes, obviously other primes don't have custom sections of chest.

If you really don't like it, use Nova, there is no way to "fix" this without ruining it for other people. Outside of custom UIU changes which aren't even remotely cost-effective.

Steam skins are not immortal ones, they arent just textures. Those are new models. Deluxe skins work fine on primes. And just like those skins, tennogens are shown in market as they were made by authors. I buy such skin and get a diffrent resault. This is false advertising.

I wont build Nova for skin that should work fine on prime. Furthermore, Nova has inferior stats to prime. Also, DE is getting a direct cut fo those skins, thus they would deliver the skin as it was advertised. You didnt expect DE to advertise that they were selling Excal Prime 3 years ago and to give you normal Excal with only prime helmet instead. This is no diffrent.

If its not fixed it will hurt DE in the long run.

7 hours ago, Xardis said:

Steam skins are not immortal ones, they arent just textures. Those are new models. Deluxe skins work fine on primes. And just like those skins, tennogens are shown in market as they were made by authors. I buy such skin and get a diffrent resault. This is false advertising.

I wont build Nova for skin that should work fine on prime. Furthermore, Nova has inferior stats to prime. Also, DE is getting a direct cut fo those skins, thus they would deliver the skin as it was advertised. You didnt expect DE to advertise that they were selling Excal Prime 3 years ago and to give you normal Excal with only prime helmet instead. This is no diffrent.

If its not fixed it will hurt DE in the long run.

You are mistaken, the steam warframe skins are just textures (Save the helmets which are meshes), the only difference is that come with a normal map, but they are still just textures.

It's a Nova Skin, it look like that on Nova, Prime textures-only skins retain the prime parts, same as any other Warframe and texture-skin.

It's not getting "fixed" because it's behaving as intended.

Edited by SilentMobius

2 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

You are mistaken, the steam warframe skins are just textures (Save the helmets which are meshes), the only difference is that come with a normal map, but they are still just textures.

It's a Nova Skin, it look like that on Nova, Prime textures-only skins retain the prime parts, same as any other Warframe and texture-skin.

It's not getting "fixed" because it's behaving as intended.

Though you still have to admit that the said skins just don't match the prime bits. I don't hope for a fix of the textures, but i do hope for a way to switch on or off the bits of said primes. This is my own opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

wpwpucV.jpg

XTWPn0x.jpg

Edited by Yato69
I suck at posting images