The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do nullifiers still exist?

Tar_Spit_Fire

Nullifiers are pretty much mini-bosses because how much control they have over everything. I'd fight a horde of Manics, Bursas, or Hyekka Masters, even juggernauts I would say,  any day over having to deal with a nullifier's bull. Corpus have the least amount of kills for me out of all factions. Why? Because nullifiers. They take the fun and rewards out of the gameplay.

I hate nullifier also but in different way.They are annoying but they bring more challenge to this game.When I'm going with lets say Mag against Corpus high lvl mission I always carry weapon that will burst that bubble quick.If this game was easy it would not be so fun to play,right?I love this game cause it's not just ordinary shooter.You have to use your brain for selection of frames,weapons and mods on them you use against certain enemies in certain mission types .

Nullifiers are broken for one simple reason: too many mechanics and benefits pooled in a single spammable unit.

- Their bubble stops damage, deflects projectiles and instantly debuffs the player;

- at the same time a nullifier bubble can take only capped damage per hit, so you can't oneshot it with say a max damage opticor or a tonkor (actually makes no sense);

- nullifier bubbles are crazy huge as in max reach frost huge, and seem to get bigger and healtier with unit level;

- bubble overlap, so you have to dismantle 2x 3x or even 4x the hp if multiple nullifiers are near each other;

- and if they move around too much they can rotate damage between their bubbles and have the time to restart them putting you back at square 0;

- also a downed bubble has 0 cooldown before recharging and groving up again, nullifier generators should be breakable like comba helmets;

- nullifiers have access to eximus variants... enjoy triing to murderize a frost eximus nullifier with 2 mobile barriers which debuff and 100% freeze you on minimal contact;

- nullifiers can hilariously outrun most frames especially in enclosed tiles were bulletjumping is unviable;

- did i forgot to mention that nullifier bubbles can cover a lot of enemy units? (all intent in murderizing you?)

- sniper aimbot with oneshot capability at higer levels;

- does combo with 3 other ability negation units - DE unable to challenge tennos without massively nerfing their agency on how to play the game;

- focus abilities are blocked/nullified as well - makes no sense lore wise as it's a new development the corpus have not vivisected like valkyr (and they havent Salad V expertise available anymore);

What i'd like to see: a quest   or even a cross server event   leading to the total annihilation of any capability the corpus to ever again manufacture nullifier units with the Lotus placing a nice bounty on corrupted nullifiers in order to prevent anyone to ever recover the capability of manufacturing the f...ers

The main part of the game that makes the difference between other similar games like bungies worst copy ever is the fact that you can use the abilitys as offten as you want to if energy is enough.That allowed a wide range of combinations between different warframe types.The nullifyer destroy that.You are forced to use high rate of fire weapons or quick melee,if you want to or not . If not the difficult rises and the game grows unnecessary hard.Nullifyers reduces the variety of playstyles and the mainfocus of the gamemechanics.Sometimes you just want to play alone,maybe loki and sniper or bow.So i guarantee here now that most players if its not an exterminate mission just ignore the nullifyer , maybe one two shots on the bubble to get pass them in close area.In my opinion they do not fit in the game in there current state. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Mutalist cernos is not the choice for stealth.The cloud sets enemys on alert , its hard to shot em in a way no one walks into it.

and once again if your sneekign nothing stopping you from sneaking into the bubble with somthing like covert leathalty or any melee weapon and shanking them i was saying the mutalist cernos would work in non stealth. just in case you dont know the bubble does not alert them to people who enter it

Edited by hazerddex

I like them.  I like that they force a game play change in mid combat.  Considering how low their health is, and how much warning you have that they are around I don't know how anyone has a problem with them.  Melee slide kills them in one hit, walking in their bubble and firing kills them in one hit.  If they are surrounded by troops fall back and let them spread out some before going in for the kill. 

I also like the idea that they destroy high level meta gaming... that's just an added bonus lol.

But makes visible and seen by the enemys behind or even inside the bubble.I use loki to level weapons fast with stealth multiplyer,only one time spottet costs a lot of exp.Also you gain more focus.Even not leveling a weapon its still a way to get alot of focus.Also,if you think about it,you tell us what to use for the nullifyer,thats exactly how this thread started.Many players , also myself won't get forced to use specific weapons.Especially not for a single enemytype. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

But makes visible and seen by the enemys behind or even inside the bubble.I use loki to level weapons fast with stealth multiplyer,only one time spottet costs a lot of exp.Also you gain more focus.Even not leveling a weapon its still a way to get alot of focus.Also,if you think about it,you tell us what to use for the nullifyer,thats exactly how this thread started.Many players , also myself won't get forced to use specific weapons.Especially not for a single enemytype. 

in stealth missions the nulifiers dont always have enemies in the bubbles what i do in sealth missions is if they are not in the way of the objective i.e rescue/spy i ignore them if they are in the way i wait for them to move  then take them out when they are isolated from others or take out the others in the room.

theres not exactly a time limit in most mission so nothing stopping you from waiting for them to move

also i love how you keep ignoring my punch through going through nilifiers suggestion iv mentioned it three times do you like it or not.

the nulifiers are suppose to be a challenging enemy. if nulfiiers are a pain what do you do when theirs an arctic eximus with a comba in it s bubble? 

They are not a challenge at al,like i said before and you repeat it,most players just ignore them.Also there is a time limit when you out for focus and the multiplyer resets.If you are not then time is a part to talk about for itself.Why schould i wait and watch when there are enough enemys without the bubble?So nullifyer only slows you down in your progress.Thats fine with me,just chose missions without them or have the right toll with you.But thats the thing others and me mentioned multiple times . They force you to ignore em or use weapons some gamers just do not realy want to use.I did not talk for myself but i can understand that.Do not predict only your way,the game has so many to offer and some fell in love with weapons and/or frames you can use so different but makes a difference when it comes to nullifyer . You must not accept it,its the right way everyone play on preferred playstyles.Thats what makes the fun,but understand others and suport them is not wrong in my opinion.Just predict your way to everyone is a bit narrowminded don't you think?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Faustx19 said:

Or forced to not use some weapons. Like bows and snipers. Grineer disruptor drone is a good design, it actually encourage use of snipers with scope from far away, but can be killed by anything. Corpus nullifiers feel simply broken /buggy. Hence not fun. 

Personally i like the nullifiers, they make good flow disrupters. I do wish they'd make the bubbles only anti - power, and not a bullet shield too. Thats seems op. I'd like them to seperate the nullification and the shield.

We share the same poin of view.Still i can understand gamers with äh..Early progress,low rank or not the mass of equipment.Apologize for my english.On the other side there is a wide variety of enemys and to just want de to tke em out if someone do not like em feels not right for me either.I personaly think its an rpg-shooter-hack n slay-combat-stealth-fighting-stradegy-build-team game,so if someone encounter enemys to strong,work-build-loot stuff to find a way for it to make it easy.There is so much stuff just for that purpose . As my father told me at my birth; Nothing is easy,its what you make out of it.

No matter what weapon you are using...

It takes 9 shots to destroy a bubble regardless of nully's level, and a bubble takes 3 seconds to shrink.

(multi-shot doesn't count unless it's a projectile, non-hit scan bullet)

It's just a flawed design because shotguns, bows, launchers and snipers are not effective... almost useless when you encounter multiple nullifiers.

If you love weapons like Opticor then you know my feeling.

Rifle is almost a must for high level endless missions, rushing in or using slide attack is just too risky because high level Nully can 1 shot most warframes.

Edited by aerosoul1337

12 hours ago, (PS4)geomancer1980 said:

I also like the idea that they destroy high level meta gaming... that's just an added bonus lol.

They don't destroy high level "meta" gaming, it's the opposite in fact. They reinforce it.

Majority of the weapons types and frames people have used for years to go into the quad digits are still being used.

Nullifiers only encourage you to play by the meta since trying anything else is either ten times more troublesome or just flat out doesn't work.

nullies are a bandaid solution for our broken energy economy -> skill spam. that's what you get when devs are afraid of alienating their fanbase with (necessary) frame nerfs yet still want to maintain something at least somewhat resembling game balance... deal with it. corrupted bombards are far worse imo...

This is an endless nerv situation.Warframe Skills becomes more useless,so gamers try and find the right weapon.That trriggers alert,de do not want a single weapon to outstand so that one gets an update.We find another weapon,most gamers use it , same endless result.Some good,well balanced weapons suffered allready and others will for that reason.

This is the topic that inspired their design: 

It makes points, better than I could.

At its core, AI posts are generally about making combat more engaging and challenging...but tend to miss the entire point. Our enemies are fodder because they have no tools - not because they are dumb.

Nullifiers still exist because DE has yet to address infinite enemy scaling and power balance. Right now enemies like Combas and Nullifiers are the reasons why powers need to be so ridiculous. It's a little amusing, because DE apparently created them to combat powers being so ridiculous, and yet by existing these enemies only further the need for those powers to be as ridiculous as they are to begin with.

The first step is to address weapon scaling. Removing necessary mods and getting a good idea where they want weapons to be will allow them to finally remove endless enemy scaling and start directing the content of the game toward where it should be. This will remove the necessity of Nullifiers and Combas and even Sapping Ospreys, and with those three enemies gone the game's overall health will increase dramatically.