The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to wukong?

TyrannosauRayz

I used to play wukong. Then at level 28 I sold him for another Warframe. His abilities don't synergise with each other, and he doesn't fell like a team player frame. I kind of want to get him again but he is pretty expensive.

I use Wukong every once in a while, he's fun, survivable, able to do plenty of damage. But, other than that, he's pretty plain. When I'm out having fun, he usually loses the pick to Zephyr, Mirage or Loki, but I still take him out every so often.

it's design is a bit lame in my opinion specially the shoes but nothing changes the fact that regardless of what people choose to say he's one of the most powerful warframes existing,   a lot of people do have bias against him becouse he is clearly chinese but he really is one of the best to pick when dealing with REALLY difficult missions, besides if you want to use something like an ogris and don't want to have to worry about scorching your arse wukong is your only choice since they fixed the invisibility explosion proof bug

Edited by bl4ckhunter

I think Wu Kong is a great warframe for solo players, but I always pay with a team and I want to help them. And with Wu Kong I just feel I'm using a Valkyr.
Also, IMO Wu Kong kit is a bit boring to use. His first ability could be a bit different I think, like sending a clone that could hit enemies with the staff but in a cone of 45º or something, like a frost ice wave, that could stun them...also he could recast the ability 3 more times, and each time he cast it the Wu Kong clone would attack the enemies in different ways; the first one could do a sweep with the staff, the second one a little combo, the third one could spin with the staff, and the last one could jump and smash the ground with the fat staff.I feel it could have a synergy with his ult. (synergy is a thing I think Wu Kong Lacks) 
Cloud Walk is pretty useless too, because you already have a perma invensibility if you build Wu Kong for that, DE could replace that with another clone ability that you could use while performing combos, and upong activating the clone, the clone could replicate the last 5 seconds of combos with twice the damage, and after it finishes the combo the, clone could explode blinding enemies. You could fight along the clone hitting the same enemy while your clone does it or you could leave him fighting with one group of enemies until he explode while you attack another group. That would also synergyse with his kit, not only with his ult. Wu kong players could be even better at helping the team too with the 3rd ability replaced and would have a more interesting kit.

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

Just now, SortaRandom said:

this causes me physical pain i hope youre happy

Sure i am. Thanks to event trader baro, i could get it back to get my missing 1400 mastery points.

Don't worry though, back then it was impossible to level when kappa was the most played node for leveling. Idk why. This weapon couldn't kill and it felt like it gets way less xp than other weapons. Not to mention it was a pain in the arse to carry with. So actually, it caused me physical pain when trying to lvl it.

His kit is unfinished, lacks any form of cohesion, satisfactory feel to them, and they overall lend to an extremely boring playstyle. I find Wukong to be the single most boring experience I can have in Warframe, and all my friends are on the same boat.

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

The public's initial look at Wukong involved seeing him whirling a 20m+ long staff with the attack speed of the Fang Prime (without a stance). It was about as broken as you can get (imagine a stupidly fast Orthos Prime with a 20m range). I can't confirm this, but I doubt the Chinese version has that.

I wouldn't call that "broken" -  and I don't know why some people keep substituting the word "effective" with "broken", like they want to go around killing mobs with toothpicks, because swords are way too effective "broken"... For an Ult (4) 20 meters isn't all that far a range. I can Molecular Prime, or Stomp or World of Fire or Absorb, or Radial javelin or Irradiate Disarm... etc. etc. etc. almost all of Draco - so it isn't a valid complaint to say Wukong only decently helpful ability is "broken" - sounds like it was right where it's supposed to be - actually a little short by about 30 meters, really. There is a reason it's called an Ultimate - because it is supposed to deal overwhelming harm to a lot of enemies - otherwise it would be called something else, like "meh".... "Press 4 to meh..."

3 hours ago, Trichouette said:

reasons for me not to play it :

- first ability is lame

-second and third ability serving the same purpose (being immortal) even if a bit different in how they work

- the ult's max range is capped pretty low it's not funny :(

- If i wanted to play melee I would go for chroma rhino or exca

- I totally forgot he existed (i'll maybe give it another look :p )

-he's ugly as f*

- for some reason he's a woman

As a Chinese Asian I have to tell you... No. He's not a woman. He can make illusions to appear as a woman, however.

4 hours ago, TyrannosauRayz_13th said:

It seems that there are low wukong players.

I can't see wukong users anywhere. hmmm

(srry for my english)

Well because Wukong gotten lame. For example. In Cloud Walker. You could get a burst of speed if your sprint. DE took it out & it was a shame because it was the most thing I liked about him. Wukong isn't even worth playing anymore really. I really regret payin plat for him. Never doing that again.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Personally, I don't like that he a) has limited range CC, b) has 3 channeling based abilities, and c) has a very lackluster ultimate. Iron Jab and Cloud Walker have tiny baby AoE knockdown/stagger. While Cloud Walker gives Wukong a nice breather, he isn't able to do anything productive in his puff form. Primal Fury has the potential to grow the legendary staff to epic proportions, giving enormous range, damage, and CC staggers maybe on using the stance's combos, but it has a range growth limit of 200%.

Out of all this, only Defy is a powerful self buff worth mentioning. And guess what, Nullifiers happen and all that energy drain per second goes to waste.