Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the best frame for a sniper?

_.GH05T._

Question

By raw virtue of her kit, Ivara is pretty much purpose built for sniping.  Banshee however has the tools to maximize damage while sniping as well as some CC and other things.  Volt and Loki as well lend themselves decently to it. 

Edited by Gelkor

Ivara by far, due to bonus headshot damage while in prowl. If using a sniper, slap on Hush to avoid breaking stealth (IMO, the bonus headshot damage makes up for the mod slot loss). Swap over to Artemis Bow for some CQC DAMAGE.

Night Equinox and Ivara are both pretty good choices since Rest/Sleep arrows incapacitate tight groups of enemies for a decent amount of time and make it extremely easy to line up headshots. Ivara may have a slight edge since you can also use Prowl to stay hidden and deal bonus damage on headshots, but I do find it's easier to incapacitate enemies with Equinox since Rest doesn't require as much aim as Ivara's quiver.

I personally think Nova makes for a good sniper-training loadout, since it slows enemies it helps you to learn their movements and get easy headshots.

Banshee rewards people who have very good accuracy due to her sonar spots.

I see a lot of people also suggesting anything that can go invisible or make people sitting ducks, so anything that does that is pretty good for people who don't want any threat to them while taking aim.

For those who are really good with sniping Banshee is probably the king... or queen, as it were.

1 minute ago, MrEvilMexican said:

>:( I am the biggest fan of snipers

I'm too fan of snipers and I trying my damn best in seeking the Vectis Prime, however, compared to the other weapons in the game, snipers are very underpowered unless there is a stealth buff I didn't heard about

There are many good frames for snipers, but my personal favorite is Volt. All snipers in this game are crit builds, meaning Volt's shield will greatly boost the damage they do. In addition to that, it provides you with a safe place to snipe from and line up shots. Also, his speed ability allows you to easily re position or get out of a sticky situation and his 1 can be used to stun enemies and easily headshot them or slow their advance down. Compared to Ivara he has more damage and is about as survivable (Shield, if placed properly, is better than invis). Sure you could use a silencer on Ivara, but that is losing a mod slot on your sniper. Compared to Banshee, Volt has less damage, but is vastly more survivable. Also, I don't really subscribe to the whole "Banshee is the best frame, you just suck" mentality. She is VERY squishy and is usually better with a faster weapon rather than something like a sniper.

i'll throw Zephyr's name out here just as something different. her kit isn't quite as tailor-made as the others but she does have a few good points for sniping. turbulence gives a nice defensive bonus, tailwind can get you to a good sniping spot faster than parkour in most cases, and you can switch spots very quickly. Plus she has tornado as back up when you need mass CC. she's also much less squishy than the dedicated stealth/support frames.

I'd say Ivara. For me, she's the most fun to play whether going quietly through an Exterminate/Spy or full on open combat Survival.

1. Prowl for invisibility and headshot bonus damage (mitigates needing Hush on Sniper)
  2. She can create her own ziplines for sniper perches that don't exist for other frames or easy way to reach ones that do
  3. If enemies are un-alerted you can lure them to a spot with Noise arrow and disable them with Sleep arrow if it's a large group
Edited by Maicael

Nyx. mind control or chaos to hold everyone up shooting each other. + as you have said your a newer player Nyx if far quicker and more easy to obtain than most frames.

While invisibility is great for sniping on spy/exterminate type missions it means that everyone that would have been shooting at you will now be going after others or the defence objective. As outside of stealth sniping is primarily a support role, perma-invis can at times be counter intuitive.

29 minutes ago, firelordzx5 said:

I'm too fan of snipers and I trying my damn best in seeking the Vectis Prime, however, compared to the other weapons in the game, snipers are very underpowered unless there is a stealth buff I didn't heard about

My understanding is that the key to sniper supremacy is the shot combo counter, and how damage increases as you make more consecutive shots without missing or too much delay, ala melee attacks. How many shots and how long you have to make the next shot changes depending on the rifle (i.e. a vectis takes I think 3 shots for the first bonus and has about 4 seconds before it resets, Rubeco just needs one shot, but will reset during reload unless you've modded it to reload faster) By starting with the weaker targets in the room before taking out the heftier ones, you can clear entire rooms with one shot for each enemy.

Also, I think it was relatively recent that they add bonuses for what zoom level you're firing at, depending on the rifle? A Lanka at max Zoom and max Point Strike can red crit, a Rubeco at max zoom has (If I'm reading it right) something like a 4.5x crit multiplier before you put any mods on it. 

Ivara.

Cloak arrow 

throws off any and all aggro so you can snipe in peace. Sleep Arrow will let the targets remain still.

Banshee is good but she'll be overkill Imo unless you plan to go 60 mins T4S.

I still managed to kill a level 80 corrupted gunner with 2-3 shots and no CP.

Another great alternative would be Saryn.

Spam Spores, continue zooming in and killing everything you can,before you know it 20-30 more enemies already lost a quarter/half their health.