Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love this game but there's one thing

ObscureName

Hello! I started this game about a week ago and have loved every bit of this game however, there's one thing that bugs me and I hope some people can relate. I believe there are better ways to do the whole trading thing on the relays. I believe it would be better if there were an auction house type thing rather than having players walk around looking up and hoping they see something they want. This is just something I find annoying, thanks for reading!

Well this is not the first and not the last tread with the title "we need auction house", the others already answered it. It would hurt platinums value a lot and there would be auctioner bots everywhere. Try Maro's Bazzar or /warframe.market.

Edited by Askell91

you know there is somewhat of an auction house on this very forums where items are advertised for players who don't want to use trading right? same as an auction house with only the contacting part different.  you can even barter with the seller even better than an auction house.

34 minutes ago, ObscureName said:

Hello! I started this game about a week ago and have loved every bit of this game however, there's one thing that bugs me and I hope some people can relate. I believe there are better ways to do the whole trading thing on the relays. I believe it would be better if there were an auction house type thing rather than having players walk around looking up and hoping they see something they want. This is just something I find annoying, thanks for reading!

i think i understand what youre aiming on

we have tons of WTS without a pricetag where people arent really clear what they are talking/offering about

if you jump into that "traps" youre caught with mostly valueless strange ideas about trading in warframe

and youre caught into too many chats with too many offers where the chat is not builded for

finally the whole "service" is useless if you are a relaxed buyer

you are forced to know what you want and finally you get moved into a jungle of confusion of values

anyway, it will not change, so you better focus and learn to deal with it and on what you really want before you go to the tradingchat

GL and enjoy warframe ^^)

ps: as a sidenote, the tradechat and the behaving of lots of sellers looks like people have never seen "doing a real job for earning real money in the worldwide economy" ^^)

i mean, who and what brings the platinum in ? easy answer, right ? ^^)

Edited by Guest

No auction houses. Period. The economy WILL die- no exceptions. In other games it works, in this one it cannot- it is because of how Warframe is set up to begin with- and it cannot EVER be changed in a way that will make an auction house not kill the game's economy at any point in the future.

And to ANYONE who wishes to talk back to this- go search through all the other "we need an auction house!" threads where I have put IN DEPTH why precisely it would not work and why it cannot be fixed to work in this game, because I'm tired of having to explain it in every single thread to make people realize it's a horrible "idea".

4 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

So things would be more affordable and other new players wouldn't get scammed as easily and as commonly as they currently do?

Scamming is not possible in this game. Sharking is- scamming is not. If someone gets a really bad or obscenely overpriced/underpriced deal on something- that's their own fault for not educating themselves when they have the entire internet- as well as every single player in the game with them- to do so.

Things wouldn't become affordable- they'd drop to 0. Everyone has tons of spare parts of most stuff- most people have tons of spare parts of the rest of the stuff that's not as common. There's a continuously growing number of sellers with an INFINITE source of stock- and a continuously shrinking number of buyers.

Literally if you just look at what I bolded+italicized in the last part and actually think about that for all of 2 minutes- you'll see (or at least should, if you have common sense and can understand economics 101- supply and demand) why there is a problem and why an auction house will NEVER work in warframe. Other games- yes, this game NO. It will KILL the economy outright within a month. NO ONE benefits except the SMALL number of players who manage to sell for ridiculously low rates (not really benefitting but I'm being generous here) and the same small number of players who happen to be buying those things for ridiculously low rate before the economy completely falls apart. This is why DE hasn't put an auction house in- because DE is smart and DE knows it would DESTROY their game.

I completely understand the logic behind how creating an auction house would ruin the economy, that's what happened to the server I played on in WoW. I agree that the auction house could turn out really bad but that was just one idea, just think whenever you go to the relay to trade it could be more organised because as of right now, it's just a bunch of people standing around with their hand up. I mean, it's not a major problem but it is a minor annoyance. Thanks for taking the time to read my OP and responding to it without threatening or insulting me lol. I really enjoy this community so far.

11 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Scamming is not possible in this game. 

Sharking is- scamming is not. If someone gets a really bad or obscenely overpriced/underpriced deal on something- that's their own fault for not educating themselves when they have the entire internet- as well as every single player in the game with them- to do so.

Things wouldn't become affordable- they'd drop to 0. Everyone has tons of spare parts of most stuff- most people have tons of spare parts of the rest of the stuff that's not as common. There's a continuously growing number of sellers with an INFINITE source of stock- and a continuously shrinking number of buyers.

Literally if you just look at what I bolded+italicized in the last part and actually think about that for all of 2 minutes- you'll see (or at least should, if you have common sense and can understand economics 101- supply and demand) why there is a problem and why an auction house will NEVER work in warframe. Other games- yes, this game NO. It will KILL the economy outright within a month. NO ONE benefits except the SMALL number of players who manage to sell for ridiculously low rates (not really benefitting but I'm being generous here) and the same small number of players who happen to be buying those things for ridiculously low rate before the economy completely falls apart. This is why DE hasn't put an auction house in- because DE is smart and DE knows it would DESTROY their game.

So the solution? Let the sellers on the Bazaar put things they are willing to sell in their private market without prices attached, instead of just rising an arm and "shouting" hey I wanna trade. Simple

Edited by Bouldershoulder

10 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Scamming is not possible in this game. Sharking is- scamming is not. If someone gets a really bad or obscenely overpriced/underpriced deal on something- that's their own fault for not educating themselves when they have the entire internet- as well as every single player in the game with them- to do so.

Okay, I used the wrong term. Sorry about that.

I'm genuinely trying to understand right now, what's so special about Warframe when it comes to the market? So many other games that are grindfests have auction houses and people are able to sell things just fine. Yet here, everyone says how the market will fall apart. Why does it work for other games yet for Warframe it would be bad?

I will always approve of the an Auction House.

While Spiral Knights went downhill due to releasing endless cosmetic reskins (cough cough sound familiar?), their Auction House was awesome.  Sure you might not sell everything before the 48 hour Auction ends but it was so much better than what Warframe has.  You could make plenty of Crowns in just 10 minutes of chucking resources/blueprints onto the AH that would be sold by the end of day assuming you know how supply/demand and fair pricing.

There might have to be separate Auction Houses in this game separated by tiers of ~10 Mastery Ranks or by clan size to protect the little guy.

22 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

So things would be more affordable and other new players wouldn't get scammed as easily and as commonly as they currently do?

So people wouldn't buy as much platinum, and DE would loose a major income source.

28 minutes ago, Ins. said:

Prices would go down, it's already visible due to warframe.market.

Not necessarily, Lets say there is an auction room, A bot could buy every loki prime chassis under 100 plat then sell em in the auction house for 300 plat. You would need to buy the loki prime chassis faster then an automated bot if you wanted a reasonable price for it.

Prices could go down... or be purposely manipulated

This isn't the first request for an auction house and I doubt it'll be the last.  If you ask me, the current system is fine.  It encourages you to be active in the game in order to gain plat rather than letting you gain plat while afk.  Introducing an auction house into a world were so few items are available for trade would tank the value on most items (sans Primed Chamber or EMP Aura) all the way down to 1p, that would in turn hurt DE's plat sales, imo.  The current system allows flippers (people who buy piercing caliber for 200p and then sell it for 2000p) and nickel-and-dime traders (like me) to coexist and do our thing.

34 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

How would bots even get there?

How would it harm the economy?

People would write automated scripts that automatically buy up all items rising in price and sell them higher later, while normal players would have to sell their items low enough for those bots to accept them in order to sell them at all (at the very least they would have to sell under the selling price of the bot-users which would be pretty low as well since they only snag the best deals.