Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #72!

[DE]Rebecca

I have a few questions for the devs.

1. Will you guys continue working on/improving on Limbo and his rift mechanics? As of now both are an issue and Limbo really really needs a helping hand.

2. Will the heavy machine guns weapons, aside from the soma and soma prime, get a buff? They need to have a better damage output in exchange for a really long reload time.

3. Will you guys make more weapons similar to the Synoid Simulor? The "concept" of the weapon is really good, hard to use weapons with limitations but deal a very high amount of damage. I think Warframe needs more weapons like this, hard to use with drawbacks with also really good DPS.

4. Will old weapons get buffs? With all the new weapons that have much higher DPS than old weapons, I think the old weapons need buffs to at least be able to keep up with new weapons that aren't primed. Certain primed weapons also need a slight buff, such as the sicarus prime and fang prime.

5. Is there any info you can provide on the multishot rework, and the removal of pure damage mods, such as serration, hornet strike, point strike and such?

6. What are the future plans for the improvement and changes on the focus system?

7. Are you going to work on implementing more passive in older frames? And if you do, what are the planned additions?

Any new Trials, like Corpus (and maybe new arcanes)?

If I remember right you mentioned something about syndicate melee weps; any progress about that?

Any news about new archwing content? (I really would like to see a new "planet" like Asteroids where you use archwing and normal gear like on uranus)

Any hinds about the next tactical alert? 

Will be able to trade none prime parts outside of sortie rewards? Example vauban BP parts or wrath weapons received from tac alerts that are not potatoed? 

another question when will we be able to buy the deluxe skins separate from the bundles? we can buy the warframe skin seperately but not the weapon skins? really???

Edited by Gildarts-bb
added a burning question

Noting how Alad V helped us in the second dream, it occurs to me that some new players will be confused as to why he is helping us, i.e.. he butchered our warframes for zanuka, then turned himself (and mesa) infested. Only those who have done the "Tubemen of Regor" event will know that he owes us a favour for helping him cure his infestation. Will there be any plans/quests to help explain Alad's situation to new players?

Can we expect a way to obtain inventory slots in some way other than spending platinum in the future? Perhaps from Baro Ki'teer or sorties?

When will we be seeing that new sortie rewards system you mentioned a little while ago? Any new information on that?

Along with the deluxe skin, will you be reworking Oberon at some point? He really needs it more than most warframes.

1: Yet another Umbra question. Any details that you can give us as of right now?
2: Is there anything on augments for Wukong, Nezha, Ivara and Inaros?
3: Will existing weapons get conditional bonuses, like we've seen with the Dual Toxocyst and Lesion?
4: I heard that Volt is getting a rework at some point in the near future. Are there any new details?
5: Are we going to see any changes to Machete-type weapons in the near future? As in a new stance, or even buffs to existing machetes?
6: This is more of a suggestion, but have you guys considered changing how Forma are obtained? I would suggest moving Forma from Void drop tables and have them drop from Corrupted Eximus units. This would free up some space in drop tables and make Forma easier to obtain for players who aren't getting many.
7: What existing Warframes are going to get passives within the next major update? Are they only going to get passives upon being reworked?
8: What happened to the second floor in Relays? Are you developing content that will be made available in that floor?
9: Are there any upcoming updates to missions such as Deception and Grinner Asteroid Sabotage?
10: Currently, Archwings and Archweapons are rather tedious to level. Are there any concrete decisions on what to do about that?
...I've probably asked too many questions, so I'll chill out now

In order of importance:

Since the addition of Fleeting Expertise, ability spam has been situationally hard-countered by increasing the number of (annoying) enemies with anti-caster or damage immunity mechanics. This creates some jarring “feast or famine” scenarios with abilities, especially on Corpus maps. Wouldn’t addressing general energy availability be a longer term solution to this power creep, over Nullifiers?

While we're covering Warframe reworks, will Oberon be receiving one with his upcoming skin? And what about Mag's Crush, with its lack of baseline scalability?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items, to prevent the need to overwrite the tints on re-PBR'd frames like Loki Prime... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

We haven’t had a dojo update for… over a year now, I think. Are they due for a checkup? Perhaps some updates to editing features?

Edited by Archwizard

are there any plans to PBR the remainder of excalibur's alt skins (prime, immortal, proto-armor)? they've been sitting without it since u15, excalibur's rework, whichever came first i forget

also regarding pbr updates, what happened to that "tech that nearly automates it"? has that been used exclusively for environments? updates to warframes and weapons have fallen behind severely, to the point that trinity prime is almost completely unchanged from standard trin underneath her prime greebles. why haven't we seen more pbr updates for old equipment?

1. With the upcoming Mag rework, is it possible to slow down on making new Warframes and focus instead on reworking or revamping older frames. I'm not saying on stop making new Warframes but rather pool more resources on making changes for the older ones. A lot of frames could definitely use some update or tweaks to their kit (i.e. Ash, Ember, Zephyr).
  2. Speaking of reworks, are there any previews or design ideas on the Volt rework? I'm curious to see what sort of kit or role are you, guys, going with him.
  3. There has been a lot of talk about Damage 3.0 where in mandatory damage mods such as Serration will be taken out and instead replaced with damage increase per rank up as well as Multishot mods going to consume additional ammo per additional shot. Are you guys pushing on this plan or not?
  4. The Focus system, especially the trees, are somewhat underwhelming. How high is the Focus update on your list? What general plan or idea do you have in store for the system?
Edited by NabiCho
Correction on grammar.

Question 1) I know mag and volt are slotted for kit reworks. However Ash was slated for changes far before them. I am wondering if looking at blamestorm has caused his other abilities to be looked at?

Question 2) what is the current status on the changes to blamestorm?

Question 3) we noticed on Twitter that Steve hinted at planets outside the origin system. I am wondering if ideas have already been brought up about those planets? 

Question 4) Ash deluxe skin, are there any concepts for it?

A question on sentinel companions and fake companions like those assist you during Syndicate missions.

Are there plans on overhauling or revisiting the way either of these two are setup? My issue is that sentinels are so weak that they're almost useless to bring to high level content. I realize at that level the focus is on player skill and ability but for a Dethcube fully packed with things like Redirection & Vitality should last a little longer than it does. My squishiest frame at a lower level can survive these missions better than a well equipped sentinel. So we have people professing love for the Carrier because, really, it's the only sentinel that adds something to the game (for me in Survival and Defense where I need those energy pickups).

The second of those ties in with the first: the fake NPC/companions that accompany you on missions such as those for your Syndicate. Why have them at all? They clearly don't actually contribute in any meaningful way. Instead, when combined with the first issue, these seem like "blah" AIs that rarely help the player. I don't think companions/AI Aides should be a crutch, but they shouldn't be useless. If you want to give the feel of the Syndicate sending assistance, they should do more than run into walls and stand around. Example of better: I seem to recall the companions in Guild Wars doing more. Even if you had to rent them, I'd be cool with that.

Lastly some new content for the Operator would be cool like clothing, facial adjustments, a skin with the metal facial elements *without* smudge. Since other players don't see the operator, maybe they can be resource/credit intensive rather than being sold for platinum.

I love the way the game is so I'm not complaining, just some ideas that come to mind. :)

Edited by zokurazor
Added Operator Stuff

Pretty much repeated questions from last stream that haven't been answered yet.

Will we get a cosmetic with hooded cloaks and if we do is it warframe specific or packaged together?

Will we get a sentient boss anytime soon?

Will we get a void assassination since we have an assassination on every planet?

Will we get new conclave game modes and game types? 

ETA on new skins? 

Any confirmation on any other skins besides banshee?

For solo purposes, could we possibly have it where instead of doing a mission alone send in our other warframes to help us complete the mission as AI's?

Any news on the grineer quest? 

Any news on a new trial? 

Any news on updating deception to be more interesting and maybe more stealthy? 

Due to devstream 68 or 69 we where told of 3 warframes (one being inaros) being released, any news on the other two? 

For warframe tennogen will we be able to make deluxe skins such as Trinity Strega Skin and Proto Excalibur skin any time soon? 

Also in a previous Devstream there was the thought of giving weapons an extra mod slot, is this confirmed to happen or no, and if it is when can we expect it?

Possibly the most asked question but when will we get Excalibur Umbra? When can we expect the other Umbra's? 

A minor question but since some of the immortal skins interact with the prime metal could we have it so that we have two slots? One for the metal and one for the pattern? The reason behind it is that Mag Prime looks great with the PBR but the immortal skin does look awesome so when you try and combine the two you get this awkward gold yellowish color for most of the body. Some frames defiantly do benefit the immortal skin like Volt's benefit it for Volt Prime but would look a bit nicer to customize it a bit more. 

Will we ever get a chain like melee weapon such as chained blades? 

When will we get more gun blades?

Will we get more sentient weapons? 

Will we be able to get a gun that can transform between say a side arm to a melee weapon?

Will we get a primed noggles any time soon? Also when will we get new warframe noggles?

Also when playing I noticed that nikana executions are a bit glitched and the opponent dies right before it finishes the last strike, is this currently being worked on? 

The spoilers are questions that could potentially spoil second dream for other players who have not played it. 

Spoiler

Will we get new outfits for our operators?

Spoiler

Will we ever get quests where the operator bonds with a specific warframe and we learn more about that lore behind that warframe and get reward? Possibly a skin or power?

Edited by LEGENDARYHEROCHRIS
Thought of more questions.