Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #72!

[DE]Rebecca

I have a few things to ask...

1.) I remember there was a bugfix a while ago that returned the animation where enemies would roll around on the ground, it seems it has gone missing again. Can we expect a fix for it, or was it intentional? 

2.) There was an animation shown that showed the landing craft docking with the orbiter. Is there any more progress on that or was it scrapped?

3.) Any updates on a Scythe rework?

4.) (Not really relating to the game.) Since it's April Fools day, would the couch crew want to share their favorite genre of comedy? (Slapstick, dark humor, etc.)

Question about story/lore in general.

In last 2 years there were 'few' events as I played Warframe (big like eyes of blight and small like many of the tac alerts we had) and each of them had some lore/story behind them. Warframe as it stands has very little story if we exclude Quests to offer for a new player without him participating in any event or him digging on his own on a Warframe Wiki. So the actual question about it is as follows:

Could these events be brought back as 'nodes' from which new players would get some sort of small reward for completing (10k credits for example) it for the first time  and get the messages etc with them to let them feel like going through the star chart is fun (ofc some nodes would be locked until certain mastery rank like quests) while also enjoying some of the story/lore associated with them?

On a side note: it would be awesome if those nodes would be accesible upon completion as a "memory" for anyone who already did that node or actually participated in the event (which throws away the mastery requirement) in order to check how one would fare with new equipment that wasn't in the game at the time (could include ladders for people to compeet) or simply wasn't in possesion.

• Any plan to rework the gain of Focus ? It is not possible to get decent amounts with normal gameplay (Draco everything... again...) in a decent amount of time ; it's only a hassle. The update to "encourage" teamwork just made things worse. I gave up personnally, especially since the nerf (yes it is) of solo farming...

• Limbo would gladly welcome some polishing, what is your stance concerning him ?

• The Melee Charge Attacks are a pain : they are REALLY slow and the damage output is REALLY low. Any "E" mashing deals way more in terms of DPS... I was thinking about it as I asked (and you answered, thanks !) in a previous Devstream about a problem with a bunch of Melee Combos using the HOLD and PAUSE. By the way, any news about that ?

• I'd love to see more interaction mechanics with our beloved furry companions the Kubrows, as much in the Orbiter as in missions. Can we expect some new stuff of this kind with the arrival of Kavats ?

I'm throwing my usual questions in the ring:

Q1. Back in 2012 when you (re)started development on Warframe, how did you imagine the game to be played (in terms of gameplay and people using it)?

Q2. What's your vision for Archwing? Where do you see the mode in the future and what were your original intentions for it?

Q3. I liked the old Grineer Sawman back in 2013. Any chance they could make a comeback in some way?

Q4. How are the multi-shot fix, the plans to remove Serration and co. and the plans to rebalance mastery rank requirements progressing?

Q5. Is there a reason against replacing the current Skana and Lato as starter weapons with MK-1 variants and buff the regular version to a more mid tier position? Doesn't the current starter weapon selection seem a bit odd with these two in such a position?

Q6. Which other weapons are in for a visual makeover and how do you judge a weapon as being in need of it currently?

PS: How is the new Burston model progressing?

Q7. Have you considered adding locations to the new star chart which would only exist only as lore texts (perhaps with some images), rather than mission tilsets, in order to make the Origin System feel more populated?

For example orbital colony clusters, major cities, trade hubs (for common goods), or nomad fleets?

Q8. Will it be possible to get domesticated Kavats which look like the feral ones?

Edited by Othergrunty

1) When will quests be replayable?

2) When will old events become quests, & when will they be replayable?

3) What's up with Umbra warframes?

4) What's up with the Starchart 3.0?

5) When will you give us the ability to command kubrows/katbrows/companions? (even hostages & syndicate allies?)

6) When will syndicates get their own models for death squads?

7) Any new footage to show?(Kela de Thaym,new tileset, new concepts,etc)

8) Enemies can lock us down, but aren't even able to use their own elevators. What can you do to make them use their environments more?

9) When is U19 or the next big thing coming?

10) What are we waiting for : there's an infestation happening in our ships yet we're too lazy to clean it up?

11) Warframe & Nintendo : is it a far-fetched idea?

12) When will Gore 2.0 & better hit-detection happen? Some enemies still can't be gored (Moas, some Corpus crewmen types, the new modular corpus gus, infested), blood splatters on the floor & on the walls, yet our frames stay clean,...

13) Stealth kills for Moa & other non humanoids : When?

Edited by unknow99

Two things:

1) I was wondering if we could get feral fur patters for Kavats and Kubrows. I really like the way infested stuff looks and the Kavats Being infested have really sparked my interest, but i'm afraid the tamed version won't look as amazing as the infested version. The feral versions of the kubrows also looks good and would be great for a few looks i could pull off.

2) Would it be possible to to add an option to have the Warframe stay on the arsenal stand and have the operator walk around instead? It probably doesn't matter to most players, but it sort of bothers me that they never move from their seat. They just sit. While i know this is a game, i know i would go insane sitting in one spot all day even if i was sleeping and moving a different body. I'm sure i'd also wither away and get horrid sores. I also question where they get their food if they never move....  I don't expect this will ever be a thing but i thought it was worth mentioning.

Edit:

I realize that Conclave is meant to be a fun way to fight other players in a fair environment, but would it be viable to have a sort of 'All-out' mode that lets players use their PvE loadouts with their un-nerfed stats instead? This way players could have fights more like the duels in the dojo (which i find to be way fun yet terrifying).

I would also like a Buff to the Rubico (for conclave). Despite being a sniper rifle with slow fire rate and really slow reload time, it has really low damage compared to what sniper rifles are meant to do. I can't imagine a person staying in one spot long enough for a sniper to let off the 4-8 shots it would take to kill them. If you wait for a group of people to start killing each other and then pick off the week ones then chances are somebody will either steal the oro immediately or follow it to you, which completely destroys the point of being a sniper. As it is right now, guns like the Sybaris (especially the new dex version) make better snipers and kill in fewer shots. I was excited to see the Rubico because i'm better with sniping than burst or auto weapons, but it doesn't work well for conclave because it's about as effective as a musket is at being a sniper rifle. 

Edited by Sorenxoras
Left out an additional ideas that i'v had for a while.

Can you make mesa's 4 be like exalted blade where we can use her regulator pistols but can walk around instead of being stationary and have the pistols scale with our secondary? can you please add rubedo and cryotic as required resources for large team restores?

• Will some of the newer Warframes such as Nezha and Ivara receive Deluxe Skins "soon"?
  • Any chance of there being a Sentient-themed boss in a future update?
  • Will there be any new infested units due to the introduction of new enemies like the Kavat and Manic?
  • Will there be an Equinox overhaul? Some of her abilities are underwhelming and don't transfer over with Metamorphosis.

As always, keep up the good work!

Edited by (XB1)BuyableRook39

I have 2 Questions:

First question:
Is it possible to change the E-Mail adress someday?

Second Question:
How possible would be a offline method, like playing complete offline without an internet connection? I have some problems here so I'm very interested in a solution. Thanks!

Edited by Noneatme

Question: Would it be possible to add a tool tip that reads "Roll to exit the Rift" or something like that when Limbo banishes a teammate? And would it be possible to add other tool tips like that to explain other aspects of the game?

Are you considering looking over Equinox? She is simply not fluid enough: there really is no point in making the abilities deactivate on metamorphosis (they should change to the mirror version instead), Pacify is useless without the augment, and Mend is simply underwhelming.

4 hours ago, DJNeonNight said:

* Will we ever have an option to make enemies spawn like there are 4 players in a mission? Maybe with the Starchart's rework?

You make me miss City of Heroes...

On Topic : Lets see if I can remember to wake up by then and catch the Devstream :)

Edited by Rajani_Isa

so let me ask a few questions. answer if you can DE 

1. starchart 3.0 ? hows it looking in terms of use 

2. News regarding Excaliber umbra, and the umbra warframes. any new developments?

PS: (also , I hope steve had fun searching for answers) 

Spoiler

P4GUbxt.png

3. banshee skin ..was it ..refined? will banshee get a surprise rework?

4. tennogen steam content for consoles ..any news..luck?

5. kavats as pets..?

Has there been any discussion between you guys and to what warframes are on the table to getting a rework after Mag and Volt? A lot of people seem to feel that Zephyr's floatyness and Tail Wind are redundant in an Aim Glide, Bullet Jump world, that Wukong as a whole is rather underwhelming compared to other frames that fill his niche, and when's the last time anyone's seen an Oberon!?

EDIT: OH, and when will you guys come out with a new brawling-type weapon?

Edited by Foefaller

Question: Back during Livestream #45 there's was a question about possible weapon slots and Warframe slots being provided as part of the Mastery system. Steve seemed to like the idea, is this something the team is still discussing or was it shelved/dropped? Also what other things are being consider to make mastery more appealing beyond rank 8.

Question: Given the previous changes to Void Sabotage rewards providing more then one reward. Has any thought or ideas been considered/prototyped for helping out on Exterminates, Mobile Defenses, & Captures missions?

Question: Any thoughts on the void reward structure for endless mission types given that for any rotations that is not C seem to have the smallest set of rewards, or no rewards for Defense and Survival I's in terms of primes?

Question: Given Scott's undercover boss runs, has there been any thought given to the ways aura's currently work in the game? A large number seem to be just there with little real use once you get Energy Siphon, Steel Charge, or Corrosive Projection.

Question: Will we see more rewards like the bonus for Sand of Inaros, possibly ones for older quests as well? Also what would it take to place all of our Lotus noggles in the operator room?