Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Naramon is inevitably nerfed, what will you use

Chef_Lu_Bu

I will ignore the system all together, because they'll just nerf the next thing that's "too good". If they're going to nerf their long-grind abilities after nerfing the rate at which we can get points, I'll just consider it non-content.

I mean, why spend hours trying to work on something that's useless?

20 minutes ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

I use chest laser but I've never bothered to farm focus. I just allocate points as I get them. Someday the balance will change and suddenly I'll be a bandwagoner of "the flavor of the month" build. I usually just spam Ash's 4.

^ even the current flavor feels too cheese for me....i guess thats why i never bothered to jump on the naramon band wagon....i can definitely see why ppl have fun with it....but i do just fine without it

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

if you don't care then why do you want no shadow step or energy from zenurik?

Just being overly dramatic I suppose, in the end I truly don't care what happens with focus.  However, I do expect those changes to come though.  Shadow Step and the zenurik passive are too good not to nerf.  Because near-infinite invisibility for any frame and near-infinite energy is totally balanced when compared to the other focus schools.

3 minutes ago, wtrmlnjuc said:

Still Naramon. I hope they buff the other Focus powers instead, though. Naramon is worth using. Most of the other ones don't feel like much of a "Focus" "power".

I agree with that, situationally, a lot of the other passives just feel less opportunistic or able to be manipulated effectively. 

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Just being overly dramatic I suppose, in the end I truly don't care what happens with focus.  However, I do expect those changes to come though.  Shadow Step and the zenurik passive are too good not to nerf.  Because near-infinite invisibility for any frame and near-infinite energy is totally balanced when compared to the other focus schools.

there are alot of checks for energy usage. we have disruptor ancients that can pile up in higher missions, grineer laser doors, and trinity already provides infinite energy so why not nerf that as well? Also the hyekka are supposed to be able to attack invisible players. it would make sense if the master would spray a jet of fire your direction if they see their cat spazzing and attacking air as well. Invisibility =/= invincibility.

7 minutes ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

If they nerf naramon then the focus trees will be unbalanced. they all have passives that are more op than you think.

^ kind of......the problem with other focus passives is the fact that it limits you to specific weapons....not to mention there arent a lot of other viable passives....non-damage related ones are very meh

naramon is basically a universal passive.....all it takes is one small crit to keep that passive going for a VERY long time with basically any weapon at all

Edited by sekushiiandee

naramon would still be kinda "good" and if they nerfed zenurik i'll completely ditch the focus system

cos honestly none of them are even remotely useful or good as of right now, they feel horrible basically do nothing to advance gameplay

At the end of the quest it was a toss-up between Naramon and Unairu. In my mind one couldn't be obtained without the other, and so I chose Unairu because my warframe builds are endurance-focused. I couldn't get any real utility out of Unairu as it currently is, so I switched to Naramon.

Besides the focus ability, which I found to be fairly useful in comparison with Unairu, I was most interested in Naramon's passives, so that's what I unlocked. If they nerf Naramon/shadow step, I might be a bit disappointed that they chose to do so rather than raise the utility of other schools.

In the worst case I would just start ignoring the focus system. I only ever use it occasionally, anyway.

13 minutes ago, sekushiiandee said:

^ kind of......the problem with other focus passives is the fact that it limits you to specific weapons....not to mention there arent a lot of other viable passives....non-damage related ones are very meh

naramon is basically a universal passive.....all it takes is one small crit to keep that passive going for a VERY long time with basically any weapon at all

And then there's Vazarin that buffs your weapon's slash, impact and puncture weapons.... yeah that isn't op at all.

Naramon doesn't have any damage buffs. only crit damage and chance buffs for melee and that's a minuscule change unless you have bloodrush and body count

13 minutes ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

And then there's Vazarin that buffs your weapon's slash, impact and puncture weapons.... yeah that isn't op at all.

Naramon doesn't have any damage buffs. only crit damage and chance buffs for melee and that's a minuscule change unless you have bloodrush and body count

^ i dont recall vazarin actually doing that.....not to mention any of hte passive that do buff specific damage types only give a max of 30%

the invis part in it of itself is OP compared to damage increases IMO....i say that because survivability trumps damage in longer missions...but thats just my opinion on the matter

in all intents and purposes, yes the damage buffs are rather OP if a person can probably farm all of the passives

Edited by sekushiiandee

If the other Focus trees/nodes got some reasonable buffs, then there could be some actual competition between them. All I've been hearing lately is "Energy Overflow vs. Shadow Step". If Unairu suddenly gave/subtracted flat amounts to armor instead of percentages, the whole tree would look amazing. (Mighty Blows to a better version of Shattering Impact, for example) If Vazarin's Retaliation suddenly worked like a 1 target Trinity Link, it'd be useable, or if it were boosted to 150% instead of 10%, then at least a level 5 Lancer could eventually kill himself. If their entire right half of the tree acted on say, whenever someone was suddenly reduced to <20% EHP or upon knockdown (with its own separate CD ratios), then the 10 seconds of use would allow for the 'attack us and we will counter' mechanic.

In the end though, even if not a whole lot changes, it'd help if certain poor performing passives could stack per each Focus cast. Most missions don't take long enough to even activate it a single time....

Just now, sekushiiandee said:

^ i dont recall vazarin actually doing that.....not to mention any of hte passive that do buff specific damage types only give a max of 25%

the invis part in it of itself is OP compared to damage increases IMO

how? the only thing it does is make you invisible to enemies. It doesn't give you stealth kill bonuses because they're already alert and it doesn't last that long nor stack. It resets every crit. While I understand why and how you can stay invisible for 6minutes easy, I don't understand how that makes naramon op. It doesn't buff your damage, it doesn't increase your xp or focus chances. you're just invisible.

15 minutes ago, KrazyKubrowLady said:

^ to add to previous post....its actually madurai that gives the boosts

And if we were to apply all 30% to all normal damage types....i would hope they nerf it a little.....at least leave the maximum damage possible to be 20-25% ish