Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Naramon is inevitably nerfed, what will you use

Chef_Lu_Bu

If DE nerfs Naramon (and or zenurik), i'll write a ticket to support asking DE to remove the lense from my items (to get rid of the blinking focus node) and proceed to ignore the system entirely. Wasted platinum isn't going to make me spend more platinum. 

Edited by LazyKnight

2 minutes ago, LazyKnight said:

If DE nerfs Naramon (and or zenurik), i'll write a ticket to support asking DE to remove the lense from my items (to get rid of the blinking focus node) and proceed to ignore the system entirely. Wasted platinum isn't going to make me spend more platinum. 

If they nerf it to the ground, of course i want my plats back for my full great naramon lense set

but i guess shadow step will remain in the game with less seconds of invisibility

Edited by IamTheSparta

8 minutes ago, (PS4)beberonnie123 said:

learn damn game atleast

please learn to use the forums properly - there was no need to triple post to criticize other players, you could have easily clicked the Edit button.

2 minutes ago, IamTheSparta said:

If they nerf it to the ground, of course i want my plats back for my full great naramon lense set

Well, yes, if they make the system basically useless, that's a lot of wasted plat - especially when you consider how much some spent to get the greater lenses before they decided the focus gain was too great and needed to be tied to a fetch-the-token system that inevitably places the thing directly inside an enemy or somewhere off the beaten path even when they claim it spawns on the way to the objective :P

Edited by ScorpDK

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The point behind "nerf crit system" isn't to fix naramon, but to fix the damage system of the game.

Right now, only crit based weapon are used on high level, and the game is nowhere close to being balanced or even "tiered".

The point of zenurik isn't to replace a trinity EV, but on basic missions I find zenurik way more useful than naramon.

Obviously in super high level zenurik is nothing.

Already managed to catch someone who dislike having crit weapon nerfed, but yeah, reworking the crit system is vital if they want to do damage 3.0.

(this and multishot)

Yes, i don't like only having crit weapons viable for the endgame. I'm a fan of status myself, however it's the least viable weapon category simply cause it loses in the cold hard damage math. The point i was trying to make is that it's stupid to make changes in one system, while the problem your trying to fix belongs to another.

I'll be looking forward to damage 3.0,  but it'll take a while for we get it. There is bound to be some minor "balance" changes in the mean time. I just hope keep it minor, aka no knee-jerk nerfs.

I use naramon extremely rarely. Once per week, maybe less. It's a gimmick. If it's nerfed I won't use it at all.

I think devs are not that stupid. Naramon passives and zenurik energy overflow are benchmark for all other focus trees. I expect vazarin to get innate lifestrike passive and 12 hp per second regeneration and unairu ability to permanently nullify enemy armor or shield with one melee hit. That's strictly inferior to 4x corrosive projection vs armor but it's not completely useless. Like current unairu. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

I use naramon extremely rarely. Once per week, maybe less. It's a gimmick. If it's nerfed I won't use it at all.

I think devs are not that stupid. Naramon passives and zenurik energy overflow are benchmark for all other focus trees. I expect vazarin to get innate lifestrike passive and 12 hp per second regeneration and unairu ability to permanently nullify enemy armor or shield with one melee hit. That's strictly inferior to 4x corrosive projection vs armor but it's not completely useless. Like current unairu. 

Nullify armor with 1 melee hit.... seriously? a little bit op

When did they announce nerfs to Naramon? I confess that I haven't paid much attention to it or any other path in the Focus system to date.

Is it OP?  If so, How so?

My understanding is that it's a popular choice comparatively speaking.

That seems more like a discussion to make other options more appealing though.

7 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

When did they announce nerfs to Naramon? I confess that I haven't paid much attention to it or any other path in the Focus system to date.

Is it OP?  If so, How so?

My understanding is that it's a popular choice comparatively speaking.

That seems more like a discussion to make other options more appealing though.

They did not say anything of the sort. Some players have the idea that all of Naramon is op, but they really just mean Shadow Step, and then they also believe that everything gets nerfed, and that nerfing is a bad thing every time. Put all that together and you get this thread. 

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

They did not say anything of the sort. Some players have the idea that all of Naramon is op, but they really just mean Shadow Step, and then they also believe that everything gets nerfed, and that nerfing is a bad thing every time. Put all that together and you get this thread. 

Gotcha. 

I don't really use focus much at all, to be honest. I'll probably still stick with Naramon (was my initial unlock) by default until they make it so I can change it with my loadout or something, at which point it will depend on the frame and build being used.

Edited by Wolfglaive

3 hours ago, Chef_Lu_Bu said:

The glory of the chest laser will be upon us soon(tm).

How do you know it is being nerf?  Besides people's opinion about, i mean.  Is there news that it will be nerfed?

I don't think it is a dire situation if it does get nerfed, because personally I don't need the focus system.  it seems useless to me.  i have played this game for years and i think it is unnecessary.  Besides that, i chose Unariu so i guess losing Naramon won't affect me much.

Considering I main loki in the first place. Shadowstep already seemed pretty much worthless in the first place regardless of crit stuff, making naramon pointless for me. And only time I switch out for other frames is mostly sorties. I use zenurik currently cause void pulse is free eng. Dat regen rate is nice. Even if its nerfed somewhat later on it'll still probably be very much usable even if the amount of eng per second you gain back is halved or something from the original amount. Paired with energy siphon. its a good combo for soloing for surplus energy etc