Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Added poll- why restrict deluxe weapon skins to one specific weapon?

izzatuw

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

It's still relevant so it SHOULDN'T be an issue. Or rather, it's relevant again, since they released even more skins that aren't by weapon type.

It is but I could use the argument for every other thread about buffs. So it might be considered necro but the mods aren't that nazi about it.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)xBOOBOOxKITTYx said:

We will NEVER be satisfied.

*If weapon skins worked on every weapon of that weapon type ...

*and I had a weapon skin I really liked...

When a new skin came out for that same weapon type, I would still buy it if it was aesthetically appealing to me! 

Good point mate, you've convinced me hue hue

I want the skins te be available for all the weapon family, NAW FIHci.jpg

Edited by IamTheSparta

I try to avoid saying this as much as possible but for this issue I really have to:

It's stupid.

And why is it stupid? As other have already reiterated:

Binding a skin on a specific weapon only devalues bundles with them.

I feel that it screws the consumer over and should already have been changed for future weapons and been changed retroactively for older ones.

They should be for every weapon of a type.

44 minutes ago, ashrah said:

its logic..... we dont have to much skins who can be used on multiple wepons...and anyone who play  long wf will buy skin for favorite wepons.. like i did and all others..

Your logic =/= Dev logic

I can name you tons of people that would have bought the Oberon bundle if DE let the skins be universal. 

Just now, izzatuw said:

Your logic =/= Dev logic

I can name you tons of people that would have bought the Oberon bundle if DE let the skins be universal. 

i really understand both side.....that is  very hard to make both sides happy....i spent probablly over 4k plat on cosmetics colors.skins.we support game doing that and devs must have some kind of income.i dont have nothing if they allow to skins can be used on multiple wepons... but i think that will not happen....

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i really understand both side.....that is  very hard to make both sides happy....i spent probablly over 4k plat on cosmetics colors.skins.we support game doing that and devs must have some kind of income.i dont have nothing if they allow to skins can be used on multiple wepons... but i think that will not happen....

If players like Fashionframe they'll use multiple skins to fit their items.

Think about it like this, DE released the Oberon bow skin, than they release a new one for Ivara's deluxe skin, don't you think her bow skin will look much more different to follow her deluxe skin theme? Oberon's weapon skins already look unique.

Also look at the Bo Volu skin, it kinda works for other frames but for the most part it only specifically works for Trinity's Strega skin. 

Edited by izzatuw

4 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

If players like Fashionframe they'll use multiple skins to fit their items.

Think about it like this, DE released the Oberon bow skin, than they release a new one for Ivara's deluxe skin, don't you think her bow skin will look much more different to follow her deluxe skin theme? Oberon's weapon skins already look unique.

Also look at the Bo Volu skin, it kinda works for other frames but for the most part it only specifically works for Trinity's Strega skin. 

yes all this bundles are most for specifc for frames..same as hunhow.. looks best on ash.maybe they can made separate skins for universal use and and to look good...

It would make more sense for the skins to work on weapon families over specific weapons.  

Personally I'd like to see that option added OR see the bundles broken up into individual purchase options alongside the bundle.

Either option would appeal to more players and generate more revenue for DE.  I know a couple people that would buy the entire bundle if they could use the bow skin on all of their bows.

To me, this is like asking, "Why isn't the deluxe skin for Loki usable on every Warframe?".
Your answer may be, "Because they aren't Loki."
Where then my response is, "Well, yeah."

Granted, some of the deluxe weapon skins do not necessarily reflect the visual traits of the original, but the logic of, "More people would buy it if we broke the above logic," isn't very sound to me.

Moved to General Feedback.

I absolutely agree with this. If I had the plat I'd get them regardless but some skins will eventually be outdated or otherwise may not want the weapon.

For example, the new Paris skin on Bows, some favor the Paris, others the Dread. Some the Rakta Cernos. First original thought seeing it was that the Paris seems to have too many skins attributed to it anyway in comparison. Paris and its varients aren't bad but not everyones bow of choice either.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

To me, this is like asking, "Why isn't the deluxe skin for Loki usable on every Warframe?".
Your answer may be, "Because they aren't Loki."
Where then my response is, "Well, yeah."

Granted, some of the deluxe weapon skins do not necessarily reflect the visual traits of the original, but the logic of, "More people would buy it if we broke the above logic," isn't very sound to me.

Moved to General Feedback.

No offense community moderator, but are you being dumb on purpose? You know what a Logical/Formal Fallacy is right? I honestly can't even believe you're using that unironically in an argument.

Please read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Edited by Zahnny
This is a better example, added another link

5 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

No offense community moderator, but are you being dumb on purpose? You know what a Logical/Formal Fallacy is right? I honestly can't even believe you're using that unironically in an argument.

Please read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

Perhaps I am dumb, but how am I affirming the consequent?

In my head, my logical argument plays out as.
"If it is not Loki, then the Loki deluxe skin is not usable.
Warframe is not Loki.
The deluxe skin is not usable."

Is this incorrect? Or was my order of wording an issue?

Just now, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Perhaps I am dumb, but how am I affirming the consequent?

In my head, my logical argument plays out as.
"If it is not Loki, then the Loki deluxe skin is not usable.
Warframe is not Loki.
The deluxe skin is not usable."

Is this incorrect? Or was my order of wording an issue?

You misinterpret the original point by implying that they meant Warframes and not the weapons that function identically.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

3 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

You misinterpret the original point by implying that they meant Warframes and not the weapons that function identically.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

I hadn't implied such at all, I said, to me, the question is the exact same. All are pieces of equipment with different skins. Their appearance gives them identity. A change in this appearance to reflect what it is not does not make very much sense. A Paris taking the place of the Dread misrepresents the item, its identity.

Is it because I related it to something that could be considered categorically different the problem? Regardless if I consider them the same, in this case, then the above paragraph would do for my 'revised' statement.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

I hadn't implied such at all, I said, to me, the question is the exact same. All are pieces of equipment with different skins. Their appearance gives them identity. A change in this appearance to reflect what it is not does not make very much sense. A Paris taking the place of the Dread misrepresents the item, its identity.

Is it because I related it to something that could be considered categorically different the problem? Regardless if I consider them the same, in this case, then the above paragraph would do for my 'revised' statement.

Then what about the Proto Glaive? Others have said it functions on different "Glaive" types, while I haven't tested it out personally it sounds familar.

The problem I have with your argument is you make it sound like putting a weapon skin on several different weapons that function IDENTICALLY the same as each other is the same as putting a skin on different unique classes that functions very differently to each other

1 minute ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

How can you say you hadn't made that implication when the first thing you came in and said was "This skin is a Loki skin, it can only be used on Loki" in a thread that has a title blatantly asking why deluxe weapon skins are locked to one weapon? A Warframe is a Warframe, yes, and therefore a deluxe Warframe skin shouldn't be able to be used on a different Warframe, but why should a deluxe skin for the Paris not be used on the Dread? Players aren't comparing a weapon from the bow family to the Daikyu, which stands alone in the longbow family, players are comparing two bows from the same family that are only different by their damage types, stats, appearance, and how they're acquired. In short, a Warframe is different from another Warframe, but a bow is a bow whether it shoots arrows or razor blades tied to sticks. The same goes for the Dual Zoren skin and the Jat Kittag skin, and like Zahnny said, the Proto Glaive skin is a deluxe skin that works on every Glaive weapon, so DE has already shown it's possible to make one skin work on multiple weapons. To follow this, the Deluxe Paris skin should be a Bow skin, the Dual Zoren skin should be a Dual Swords skin, the Jat Kittag skin should be a Hammer skin, and all other deluxe skins that come out should be a skin for that family of weapons instead of restricting players to weapons they may not like just to use a skin they had to pay nearly 300 platinum for!

12 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Then what about the Proto Glaive? Others have said it functions on different "Glaive" types, while I haven't tested it out personally it sounds familar.

The problem I have with your argument is you make it sound like putting a weapon skin on several different weapons that function IDENTICALLY the same as each other is the same as putting a skin on different unique classes that functions very differently to each other

Hadn't really thought of it like that in that sense, it was mainly the identity thing. 

However, we can say that Warframes, at their core, function similarly. They are the playable characters that cast unique abilities. We see here, then, there being a bit of issue regarding the Proto-Glaive. Not all Glaive type weapons function the exact same, where the Halikar disarms hostiles, and the Glaive itself can be detonated (unless the Halikar and Kestral can be detonated too? Checked Wikia and no mention.)

These skins, then, are taking the place of weapons that do function differently. If this change were to be made, I'd argue that a weapon such as the Daikyu should not use the same skin as Paris/Cernos/Dread, because of the major difference these weapons bring to the table in playstyle. Style is very important. A Corpus-esque skin should not be usable on a Grineer weapon (oh Fragor, why). Individualism is very important.

Not for every weapon, make it usable by weapon type. For example the zoren skin that came with the saryn bundle, it would be nice if we could also equip these on the dual kamas, and maybe ichors, dual daggers, and other that look similar.