Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade chat, specifically syndicate weapons, Horror stories

Background: I am in Red Veil, New Loka, and Perrin Sequence. The syndicate mods and weapons sell reasonably well. my prices for mods are 20 each, and syndicate primaries 75, I've stopped trading syndicate secondaries after the price dropped to 30 each. (seriously not even work the effort to sell)

Today alone in trade I have had four Tenno interested in buying Sancti Tigris all of which fell through. I personally do not purchase the weapon from the syndicate until I have confirmed an offer. (don't want to buy extras slots for no reason) I tell every Tenno at least twice and ask them to confirm that they are at least Mastery Rank 12. I then give my price. I can and do usually do go down on my initial price depending on their level of courtesy.

1. First offer of the day "you must be mastery rank 12 to trade this weapon, are you mastery rank 12", "yes", "alright price is 75", "inv me", I buy the weapon and invite him to dojo, he arrives, I initiate trade and guess what? I can't select Sancti Tigris! I ask "you are mastery rank 12 right?", "what does it matter? I'm MR 9", done.
  2. Second offer, I've got a Sancti Tigris in my inventory now lurking trade chat, doesn't take long, "WTB SANCTI TIGRIS". I send my offer and my mastery rank spiel, immediately get invited. Two guys in the dojo, I accept trade request put up the Tigris and wait, while apparently they discuss. And so it begins, "My friend says I should buy it for 40 so 40 or no deal", "ok, no deal" I leave and begin watching trade chat again as I see the "DON'T TRADE WITH FREAKYTIKI3 HES A SCAMMER", "FREAKYTIKI3 TRIED TO SCAM ME WAY OVERPRICED", posts roll in by the same two players.
  3. Third offer, same as before, I arrive at his dojo he puts up 25 plat and a Soma Receiver and says, "I don't have that much but you can sell that", "sorry no deal", "ohh well need anything else I've got alot of stuff","sry m8 just needed plat".
  4. Fourth offer,  Same as before only this time we don't even get to the dojo before I get blocked for scamming him apparently.

I won't give up though I sell my items for a specific price and reason, not everyone does syndicates, not everyone farms their daily standing, these are good weapons and I think my price illustrates that. Good luck to all of you traders out there just trying to make your nut.

38420761.jpg

According to Warframe.market, right now people are looking to buy the Sancti Tigris at between 30-50p, or at least those are the most common offers I am seeing. Merchants are looking to sell the same item for around the same price that people are willing to buy it: 30-50p. There may have been a point in time where the Sancti Tigris was worth 70p but market trends right now suggest that your price is well beyond what people are willing to pay, and it even exceeds what other merchants are willing to sell it for. If you feel that the work you put into earning the weapon is worth more than 40p, than I suggest finding a new platinum farm. For the time being at least, Syndicate weapons are not worth the effort.

I'm in different platform so I can't judge your price. But in here syndicate primaries are worth 30-35p. There's even some people sold for 20p. Syndicate mods are worth than weapon since it worth 10p each.

If you still couldn't get a deal, maybe you should consider lower your price or wait for people who willing to buy it.

6 hours ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

alright price is 75"

75? that's WAAAAY overpriced, Primaries are worth 30, Secondaries 20. I'm not sure you know the value of what you're selling.

usually it's weapon slots that screw it up for me. I find a buyer, they are the right rank, we go to trade, and -uh oh - they don't have any weapon slots left. annoying as hell.

you should always check with them that they are MR12+ AND have at least one weapon Slot spare. CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY AS WELL!

25 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

75? that's WAAAAY overpriced, Primaries are worth 30, Secondaries 20. I'm not sure you know the value of what you're selling.

usually it's weapon slots that screw it up for me. I find a buyer, they are the right rank, we go to trade, and -uh oh - they don't have any weapon slots left. annoying as hell.

you should always check with them that they are MR12+ AND have at least one weapon Slot spare. CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY AS WELL!

I'm usually able to sell them with no serious difficulty at that price, today was when it was actually difficult to sell. I'm of course not sure about other platforms but its not uncommon to see syndicate primaries sell for 75 in trade chat on Xbox. I'm going to assume that Xbox is probably the least involved community just by how many people are buying syndicate primaries and secondaries, not many people have maxed syndicates on Xbox.

Different platform could have different average price. If there's not many people selling syn's weapon on xbox, then high price is not something surprising.

This is off topic. Are there easier way to check if you have empty slot than Menu > Inventory > Weapon > Scroll to the very end? When you have lots of weapon, it's kind of a long list to scroll through. 

The amount of plats you get for selling syndicate weapons aren't worth the hassle of dealing with toxic players now.  I sell syndicate mods or even redeem keys with my rep rather than dealing with those people.  If someone wants to buy a syndicate primary, I would check their profile to make sure they're at least MR 12 so this will prevent your situation #1, but even then the deal might still fall through because the buyer doesn't have an empty weapon slot. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

Background: I am in Red Veil, New Loka, and Perrin Sequence. The syndicate mods and weapons sell reasonably well. my prices for mods are 20 each, and syndicate primaries 75, I've stopped trading syndicate secondaries after the price dropped to 30 each. (seriously not even work the effort to sell)

Today alone in trade I have had four Tenno interested in buying Sancti Tigris all of which fell through. I personally do not purchase the weapon from the syndicate until I have confirmed an offer. (don't want to buy extras slots for no reason) I tell every Tenno at least twice and ask them to confirm that they are at least Mastery Rank 12. I then give my price. I can and do usually do go down on my initial price depending on their level of courtesy.

1. First offer of the day "you must be mastery rank 12 to trade this weapon, are you mastery rank 12", "yes", "alright price is 75", "inv me", I buy the weapon and invite him to dojo, he arrives, I initiate trade and guess what? I can't select Sancti Tigris! I ask "you are mastery rank 12 right?", "what does it matter? I'm MR 9", done.
  2. Second offer, I've got a Sancti Tigris in my inventory now lurking trade chat, doesn't take long, "WTB SANCTI TIGRIS". I send my offer and my mastery rank spiel, immediately get invited. Two guys in the dojo, I accept trade request put up the Tigris and wait, while apparently they discuss. And so it begins, "My friend says I should buy it for 40 so 40 or no deal", "ok, no deal" I leave and begin watching trade chat again as I see the "DON'T TRADE WITH FREAKYTIKI3 HES A SCAMMER", "FREAKYTIKI3 TRIED TO SCAM ME WAY OVERPRICED", posts roll in by the same two players.
  3. Third offer, same as before, I arrive at his dojo he puts up 25 plat and a Soma Receiver and says, "I don't have that much but you can sell that", "sorry no deal", "ohh well need anything else I've got alot of stuff","sry m8 just needed plat".
  4. Fourth offer,  Same as before only this time we don't even get to the dojo before I get blocked for scamming him apparently.

I won't give up though I sell my items for a specific price and reason, not everyone does syndicates, not everyone farms their daily standing, these are good weapons and I think my price illustrates that. Good luck to all of you traders out there just trying to make your nut.

38420761.jpg

Well, tbh, your selling price is indeed too high.