The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Trying To Be Nerdy But Would Warframe Make A Good Anime?

Well yeah but we need to give voices to each Warframe.

I already gave Ash Batman's voice and his character would be a perverted assassin. Loki is his awkward friend who turns everything into a dirty joke so that does it for a comedy Co Op, The Ninja bomb I'd call it

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

I think it will, with one of the starter Warframes as a silent protagonist. They don't have to talk, everything can talk at them instead, like Ordis and Lotus already do.They don't have to be full-length episodes either, just some nice visuals like in Journey. The layout will be like a puzzle where blanks get filled out over time. First you start off with nothing, you escape from the pod with none of your memories. You find out you have powers, but are ill-adept with them at first and that almost gets you killed. Then Ordis appears out of the blue to save the day, and now you have a small area where you have at least something familiar between missions. In following episodes you find a kubrow, meet Lotus, she guides you along and slowly the world starts to come into focus. You get some extra mobility with Archwing and have to find some clues in the ruins of a broken spaceship and underwater. The actual reveal could be different than what is in the game, and then you can meet another warframe closer to the end, who's been following the clues too. 

I think if it could happen, it would be Warframes that either gained their own consciousness or Operators that are tied to one specific frame and that's their personality. 

Also, if it didn't go the way of Evangelion - serious and bloody as sin (minus the whiny MC because Shinji's a b!tch) - it would not be worth it. 

Needs a complete or at least enough story/lore for a season though. We just got to having Sentients finally appear, which to me is the start of the main story.

Whether it's good or bad, if they're willing to make it at least a decent quality like normal anime, then more people would be more willing to give it a try. Which means it will depend heavily on the studio, an actual professional anime studio, and budget of course. I wouldn't want to watch some low budget anime knockoff unless it's something like RWBY.

I want the Codex and Synthesis stories animated into one short film.  With a few rewrights and mixing in events and alerts, it would tell a pretty good story - especially with a Narrator.

Oh and the Kuria-Poem.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Crimson_Judgment said:

Something Following Margulis and Ballas Etc As a Prequel/During the Great War Would be fascinating

Yeah, I think it could work if it revolved around the creation of the Sentients and the Tenno.  As the game currently stands, apart from the fact that much of the lore is still largely a mystery, I'm not too sure how it could be adapted in its present form.  But I think a prequel story could certainly work.

21 hours ago, (XB1)xxTHEKING1006xx said:

I think warframe has all the elements of a anime and I kind of wish their was a anime, could that be possible?

I think if DE is going to spend any money on advertising on tv then this would be the best way of doing it. There is more than enough story here to make a good anime or if they are willing to spend more then maybe a CGI movie...both would work for Warframe. The story could just be like how it was when we first started playing where a random tenno wakes up in a pod and go from there. DE could use it to introduce and set up the rest of the story in game. Hell they can showcase other frames and weapons while they're at it:)

How about an Animatrix/Halo Legends style thing. Where lots of different groups make a bunch of short, unrelated flix. That would be cool.

(Which has been mentioned earlier)

Edited by AutoPhox
Credit due

On 4/4/2016 at 8:06 PM, Sloan441 said:

Yes and no.

No, because although the warframes are interesting, they don't say anything. The operator might have an internal dialog going on, but unless they're fighting they aren't that interesting and mostly just stand around. You can't really use them to tell a story. They can be part of it, but can't really be central to it.

I beg to differ. while it's not animated, the manga Blame! does it fairly well.

of course, if by "anime" you mean "typical shonen" then it won't work. there are other genres than shonen though.

I've seen other people kinda hint or mention that it should follow the lives of civilians, to which I agree. 

I think that the entirety of warframes universe is already interesting enough that it could make for a good show without having the tenno/warframe be main characters. 

I think that by also choosing civilians it allows the show to cover much more then it could with the tenno as lead characters. While tenno based story line could only be about action, a civilian centered storyline could have elements of action, but also slice of life, and depending upon the jobs/roles the civilians have, it could cover even more genres.

By using civilians as leads, you also wouldn't have to twist the lore in some way to make it so that the warframes/tenno talk. 

Tldr: yes, I think it could make for a good animated series.