Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next prime discussion (will be updated when info is released)

On 4/6/2016 at 7:00 AM, MetalFlame05179 said:

ive been looking at the listing of all the release dates of every available frame in game to this date and with the following rules since after Nova prime im gonna try and list which frames will be primed (in theory) and in respectful order:

1) Primed Frames released are in a 2 by 2 Male to Female ratio. Ex: 2 males frame are released followed by 2 Females and so forth...

2)Since the release of Nova Prime all frames following will be primed based on earliest released...

3) Every primed frame has a time period of more or less 3-4+ months (90-120+days) between each other until the next. (approximately 3-4 Primes / year)

4) There usually aren't (or at least never to this day) a Primed Frame released on the month of January do to Holidays and/or other obstacle's that may prevent so.

• Excalibur Prime (Dec.-19-2012)
  • Frost Prime (May-3-2013)
  • Mag Prime (Sept.-13-2013)
  • Ember Prime (Nov.-20-2013)
  • Rhino Prime (March.-5-2014)
  • Loki Prime (June-11-2014)
  • Nyx Prime (Sept.-23-2014)
  • Nova Prime (Dec.-16-2014)
  • Volt Prime (March.-24-2015)
  • Ash Prime (July-7-2015)
  • Trinity Prime (Oct.-6-2015)
  • Saryn Prime (Feb.-16-2016)
  • Vauban Prime [May-June.(+/-) 2016]
  • Neckros Prime [September-October.(+/-) 2016]
  • Banshee Prime [December-March (+/-) 2016-2017] (From here on its pretty repetitive guessing)
  • Valkyr Prime [May-June.(+/-) 2017]
  • Oberon Prime [September-October. (+/-)2017]
  • Hydroid Prime [December-March.(+/-) 2017-2018]
  • Zephyr Prime [May-June. (+/-) 2018]
  • Mirage Prime [September-October. (+/-) 2018]
  • Limbo Prime [December-March. (+/-) 2018-2019]
  • CHROMA PRIME!!!!! <- (MASTER RACE) LoL XD [May-June. (+/-) 2019]
  • Mesa Prime [September-October. (+/-) 2019]
  • Equinox Prime [December-March. (+/-) 2019-2020]
  • Atlas Prime [May-June. (+/-) 2020]
  • Wukong Prime [September-October. (+/-) 2020]
  • Ivara Prime [December-March. (+/-) 2020-2021]
  • (TBA Female Frame) Prime [May-June. (+/-) 2021]
  • Nezha Prime [September-October. (+/-) 2021]
  • (TBA Male Frame) Prime [December-March. (+/-) 2021-2022]
  • Etc...

Could you add the time when they all got Vaulted(Prisoned)please

9 hours ago, Camelslayer said:

Yes, I know. But the comment I replied to simply said "Booben and Nekros are the oldest". They aren't.

Even then, they broke their "oldest first" chain when they released Nova Prime. I see no reason why they can't break the gender chain too. It'll probably be a male frame, sure, but still, pretty sure they never carved it in stone that it would be an official pattern. At least not that they've told us, at least.

The person you replied to must have thought it was so obvious that they wouldn't have to mention it in every post they ever made on the subject. I guess they were wrong. 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I'm fairly sure Nekros is the next frame to be primed.

The load screen theory points to him.

Sure Vauban is older, but frame age doesn't mean anything in regards to which frame will be primed next.

Except that since Nova de had said that it does 

1 hour ago, KinetosImpetus said:

Except that since Nova de had said that it does 

In so far as to pick either Vauban or Nekros rather than Chroma or Inaros, then sure age matters.  But will DE release primes in sequence with the release order of their stock version from this point forward?  Maybe.  Clearly I missed the moment DE made that particular distinction.  The matter of age is a moot point with me anyhow.  Regardless of who comes first, Vauban or Nekros, I'll accept either eagerly.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
sentence structure

1 hour ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

In so far as to pick either Vauban or Nekros rather than Chroma or Inaros, then sure age matters.  But will DE release primes in sequence with the release order of their stock version from this point forward?  Maybe.  Clearly I missed the moment DE made that particular distinction.  The matter of age is a moot point with me anyhow.  Regardless of who comes first, Vauban or Nekros, I'll accept either eagerly.

Up to now only Nova bucked that trend and she's always been a bit different given that she's the first council frame (imo).

Biggest tip-off will be to look at Vauban and Nekros' power animations in a month or so and see if there have been updates or polish to them. 

14 hours ago, Camelslayer said:

Yes, I know. But the comment I replied to simply said "Booben and Nekros are the oldest". They aren't.

Even then, they broke their "oldest first" chain when they released Nova Prime. I see no reason why they can't break the gender chain too. It'll probably be a male frame, sure, but still, pretty sure they never carved it in stone that it would be an official pattern. At least not that they've told us, at least.

Which is why I added the "unless that randomly changes," bit.    

That said, even though they broke the normal for Nova, the pattern I referred to has never been broken.  M-M-F-F-M-M has been the standard since they started priming Frames.

I believe it could be Banshee; chronologically by order of release it would be. If they are trying to keep genders equal as well it would make sense to add Banshee.

Banshee was release before Vauban and Nekros. Currently there are seven male prime frames and six female prime frames.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison/Release_Dates

14 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

I believe it could be Banshee; chronologically by order of release it would be. If they are trying to keep genders equal as well it would make sense to add Banshee.

Banshee was release before Vauban and Nekros. Currently there are seven male prime frames and six female prime frames.

It does make more sense for them to add Banshee first. I never really understood the reason for this silly MMFFMMFF thingy, release time should be the top criteria.
Well, we can only hope. c:

29 minutes ago, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

...? The gender split for prime frames is currently at 6/6, since Saryn just finished this female rotation. The only other thing you could possibly argue is 5 male/6 female on the grounds that Excalibur is too different a case to count properly. I'm not sure where you got 7 male from.

30 minutes ago, PurpleBomber said:

...? The gender split for prime frames is currently at 6/6, since Saryn just finished this female rotation. The only other thing you could possibly argue is 5 male/6 female on the grounds that Excalibur is too different a case to count properly. I'm not sure where you got 7 male from.

Yeah counted extra and Exal. You are right it would be Vauban then following the "nomal" pattern

Edited by (XB1)freakytiki3

10 hours ago, PurpleBomber said:

Technically, you could also argue that because Saryn and Banshee got released simultaneously. It won't matter, anyway, and with the next released female frame after Banshee being Valkyr, chances are the massive discrepancy in popularity between the two could allow Valkyr to cut in line before Banshee.

So I keep hearing about how supposedly [DE]Megan said on some stream that the next Prime release would include a Galatine Prime.

Yet my google powers have failed me and I'm unable to find said stream or any mention of it by the community.

So here I am.

Anyone can confirm/deny this?

I highly doubt it. Previous releases have mostly stuck to Prime melee weapons being a different weapon class every time (not counting Swords as the Skana Prime is a founder exclusive), and we already have a Prime Heavy Blade in the Scindo Prime. Galatine is a popular melee weapon, but unless they decide to break this trend I would not expect to see one any time soon. There are still at least a Machete, Dagger, Polearm, Sparring, Hammer, Claws, Tonfa, Nunchaku, Sword & Shield, Whip, Gunblade, Rapier and a Blade & Whip between then and now.

EDIT: Forgot poor Orthos Prime.

Edited by BlaineKodos

10 minutes ago, MrDar1o said:

People were saying Galatine Prime coming with next Prime like... few Primes ago. It's already like unspoken rule - next Prime is Galatine no matter what. 

exactly this

Every time people are like "I heard the next one is galatine prime" and so the joke continues and pass on to the next.