The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #72 & Draco

Papragu

So they want to change the map meta, so people don't just go to Draco. Are they really that blind or just ignorant to the fact, that Draco isn't the problem. It's just the symptom, created by the fact that the game is a huge grindfest and that's why there will always be "lootcaves". Changing the map won't help at all. During the Stream Steve said, they want their players to enjoy warframe, well then how about getting rid of the need to regrind our gear and warframes each time after using a forma.

Aslong nothing changes about the grind, there will always be a Draco and the whole devtime on the map change is/was a huge waste of resources. What are your thoughts on the situation?

Edited by Papragu

They aren't reworking the solar map because of draco. They did say that the map change would most likely get rid of draco but that there will always be a spot(s) that gives the most xp. Hopefully any new spots that come up wont be the same (sit in one spot and spam abilities) but rather just multiple mission choices with high level enemies. 

Edited by RideaTear

It's not that they don't want you to grind but they want to make the grind more interesting and feel less repetitive.  Draco is an unintended effect of an intended cause, so now they want to mix things up. Although Draco might be a huge contributor to the rework it almost certainly isn't the sole reason for the rework of the solar map.

Edited by Shreiko

My understanding is that the map rework will remove a stationary "loot cave" forcing people to play multiple missions that, ideally, have adjusted affinity gains.  

Since I don't use Draco, I personally wont have an issue with the changes.  Most likely what will get me is the change to how the Void is accessed - that's where I tend to do most of my grinding instead. 

The changes to how we access the Void don't sound too concerning, but who knows.  It may turn into a nightmare trying to access the specific type and tier that I want.  

I feel like you didn't watch the same devstream as everyone else. When did they say Draco was the source of the problem? I'm pretty sure they were using Draco as an example for things people run to because of the problem. They intend to make everywhere else rewarding, so people don't have to live in one disgusting node and burnout because of it. The Void is another place they mentioned that suffers a similar problem.

All I want is 100s of low level enemies rushing in and us mowing them down. Thats fun and shows how powerful you are. You get to confident and you will go down quick, so staying close to the team makes sense. And in return you get good xp or affinity or whatever like draco.

5 minutes ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

Devs said rather than reworking draco, they are kinda thinking of making more...or making everything draco equivalent...so you have choices

I'm hoping for Exterminate missions to have as many enemies that 4 rounds of Draco has. 

As far as I remember the devs acknowledged there being lootcaves, but rather than having one farming spot, they want to create some alternatives. Which is fine, because it will encourage players to visit more than one node. How this will work out, we shall see.

As for the map, the current one seems like a waste. It's quite boring (and not really a map), whereas the new one looks like it's going to be more dynamic and overall interesting. 

whatever is being done the game wont be the same<< you've seen it with mod drops, resources, air packs etc it is becoming one big pile of constraints and damn if you do  and damn if you don't. simply put its not  very rewarding to play warframe when it was nice to do so before. <, here's looking at you vengeful revenant>>

as always there is the eat em up crew that is gullible for anything thrown at them, as for me I want a real compelling reason to play this game something that is of the entertaining part which it hasn't risen to yet.

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

As far as I remember the devs acknowledged there being lootcaves, but rather than having one farming spot, they want to create some alternatives. Which is fine, because it will encourage players to visit more than one node. How this will work out, we shall see.

It will definitely be interesting. I'm sure it would only be a matter of time until the numbers have been crunched to determine the new "best," wishes of the developers and players be damned.

2 hours ago, Genitive said:

As for the map, the current one seems like a waste. It's quite boring (and not really a map), whereas the new one looks like it's going to be more dynamic and overall interesting. 

Well at the current state, we could deal with only 25% of the current map. Most planets are dead anyway, sometimes less is more. There are way too many nodes /planet. To be honest, what do we need them for, leveling, story? lol Sure not. Each planet could be reduced to 12 mission nodes.  +Boss to unlock next planet.

The map is just a path to get to the highest level nodes that yield the greatest affinity gains, after that the only time you go back is because there is an Alert there.

I don't care how much lipstick you put on it it's just there to serve a function and nothing else.

Forcing people through RNG do play nodes there not interested in is a recipe for disaster.

Unless the all the weapons suddenly become really interesting and top tier, having to grind through nodes with anything less than the affinity gain of Draco or Oceaum is going to be a disaster. It's gonna run off a lot players if this turns into a gleefest for those players advocating for everyone to play the game, which is a grindfest with a lot of first year MR trash better left on Lares and Appolodorus. 

Now if they buffed those weapons or added some gimmicks like looking through a wall, increased run speed, or extra hang time when equipped then the grind wouldn't be so @(*()&#036; horrible while playing spin the wheel with the old new star map while trying to free yourself of terrible weapons. 

this is a classic example of too many cooks spoil the broth. its not like warframe is the first game with the grind theme at its core you can name hundreds maybe thousands more with the same concept games nowadays are truly one size fits all nothing actually unique  about them. but you can say the greedy ones limits what can be gained in a reasonably time and manner making the product that they are touting unappealing after a few minutes or hrs of playing. no one like over easy but also no one likes impossible either.

Remove affinity gains per enemy killed, add affinity as a mission reward. We all know that the best farming spot will always be a small map for shared affinity with the highest possible enemy density. Remove affinity based on "per kill" and GOOD(read that word carefully DE) affinity gains per mission based on your efforts. For example, there could be a base affinity award for going 5 waves of defense with an active multiplier for every 5 waves after this that increases, thus giving incentive to go further in endless missions. Exterminate could give a bonus for stealth completion etc and the list goes on. Higher affinity gains based on what planet the node is located on, giving incentive to play harder missions to level up faster.

The main trick is to ensure that no 1 mission type gives a superior gain to another, for example you should be able to gain the same amount of affinity as mission rewards doing Exterminates, as you can running an amount of Defense waves taking the same period of time.

Edited by Zilchy

8 hours ago, SYL3NZR said:

im just glad i have a huge arsenal of forma'd gear cos i know Starchart 3.0 will buttkick the average player REAL hard

its gonna take forever again to put 6 forma (which is required on many weapons) on stuff

It's, like, 3 hours at most via rescue or spy runs on Ceres or Pluto.

Warframe consists of limited mission types and there is no storyline, so it is in fact a hardcore grind game. I really don't feel any significant difference playing Draco, Triton or Void perhaps. Same old maps, same old enemies, only 4 abilities. This is sickly repeatable, but i'm ok with it.

Did you actually watch the Devstream?  Not being judgmental, just curious, because they touched on your exact issues.

They are aware Draco isn't the problem, they are even aware that with the current system of rank, exp and everything, that no matter what they do there will ALWAYS be something similar to Draco.  What they're trying to do is diffuse Draco as being the only viable option as viewed by the fanbase.  They're not trying to get rid of it or even swap it with something else, they're just trying to make it so that people have more options if they want a quick level grind area, not only to try and expand on the game itself, but in an effort to reduce burnout in players who almost exclusively play Draco for this very reason.