Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any tips on playing Limbo?

(PSN)sb001001

Question

Most of the info I can find about him is just that’s he’s considered to be a pretty bad warframe.

I got mine a few days ago and levelled it up to 30 but to be honest, I have no idea how to actually play him. Whether it’s for solo play or to be more effective in a squad.

I’d appreciated any tips you can give me about how to best play and/or build him! Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Zyrinthian said:

"Terrible in solo play"?

What the heck game are you PLAYING dude?

Alright. I take it back. It's actually pretty decent, but any smallest mistakes lead to immediate and humiliating death more often than not.
Limbo seriously lacks in survivability despite being intangible most of the time. When you banish single heavy enemies, you have to either stay away from the rift plane yourself (which is quite difficult on higher levels) or take care of them immediately and always mind your distance while banishing multiple threats.
Like an ill chicken, Limbo is very prone to just dropping dead.

Normally for spy sorties, I take Limbo and my invisidog, and my faithful companions take their lokis and basically screw around while I cheese the hell out of the spy vaults, since Limbo can pass through security barriers without setting off alarms. Today, however, there was a spy sortie mission with enhanced shields, so we decided to have a bit more fun.

My friends brought a non-prime, un-potatoed Trinity, and a non-prime, un-potatoed Mag with zero defenses, and I brought my habitual Limbo cheeseburger with dog, and Mag nuked everything instantly with shield polarize, while Trin kept Mag powered up, while all three of us (well, four if you count my dog. Which I do.) were utterly invulnerable basically the entire time, except when recasting Banish or popping out of the rift to pop nullifier bubbles.

Limbo is niche. Few players want to play him at every opportunity. But sometimes he can facilitate hilarious and awesome stuff, and awesome hilarity is what Warframe is all about.

Edited by DogShapedDog

Limbo is cool, people dislike him for his trolling properties. Banish is bread and butter. and can save lives, or involuntarily wreck them.

His cataclysm is probably the strongest "Snowglobe" in the game defence wise... on the downside, everything INSIDE can't shoot anything OUTSIDE unless outside enemies are in the rift.

Warframe abilities still work as intended, even if banished, and nothing outside the rift can damage them. You also have the benefit of faster energy regen while in the rift.

All in all, limbo is nice, and looks pimpin AF

5 minutes ago, rage4198 said:

also the only thing that can kill a limbo in limbo is nullifiers so you can use him for revives

Yeah, thankfully DE fixed Venemous Eximus and bombards being able to kill riftwalk limbo... so yeah... dem anti-bubbles are the only threat.

4 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

People dislike him because he's clunky, inconsistent and niche.

Am I the only person who plays a game and thinks, wow... I can really F*** around with this? And then proceed to have fun? Constant banishment from a limbo is annoying as hell, that's true... but if you are mindful of others, and only save them when they have no choice/ ask for it, what's the harm?

#limboiswarframetoo #limbolivesmatter

8 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

People dislike him because he's clunky, inconsistent and niche.

Kind of disagre: I don't mind, having one guy around, who is a bit clunky and doesn't exactly pull his own weight as long as the rest of the team is alright. I mind bad Limbo players, who intentionally or unintentionally troll their team with terribly placed cataclysms and random banishs.

Mostly, play solo. If you really want to play in a group, find an Excal or similar who will be happy to be Banished so they're invulnerable and have energy regen while they kill things.

There are a few obscure team comps that are strong with Limbo, but really it’s usually best to have almost literally any other 'frame.

11 minutes ago, LouseFur said:

Am I the only person who plays a game and thinks, wow... I can really F*** around with this? And then proceed to have fun? Constant banishment from a limbo is annoying as hell, that's true... but if you are mindful of others, and only save them when they have no choice/ ask for it, what's the harm?

#limboiswarframetoo #limbolivesmatter

well... actually.... you can cancel the banish if you want - just make a roll in any direction and WOOOOOOAAAHHH you are free from Limbo's banish -_-

1 hour ago, LouseFur said:

mindful of others

In this game? Are you mad? 

Playing Limbo in team required you to be mindful of what your teammate are doing. His ability affect teammate in many way. You can play banish game, killing enemies one by one. Or setting killing bubble with Cat and Surge. Communicate if needed, lots of people still doesn't know they can roll out of banish and will rage at you to press 1 on them again.

8 minutes ago, Messor36 said:

well... actually.... you can cancel the banish if you want - just make a roll in any direction and WOOOOOOAAAHHH you are free from Limbo's banish -_-

Try shooting enemies while constantly rolling because the limbo enjoys making you rage :3 

Edited by LouseFur

12 minutes ago, Messor36 said:

In that case i wish we had a "REPORT" button in warframe -_-

Just change tactics... if he banishes you... start using abilities... you get energy for free. 

Warframe is one of the few games where you can change strategy on the fly... and adapt to any situation... or troll.

Bring out your range + duration build, because a Limbo sniping enemies is pretty good (in a large environment). Pair with Haven (augment, heals allies banished by you). Power strength is optional to make your 3 give more hurt).

For CQC, go max duration, maybe a bit of range in as well. power strength is welcome, since you don't have to use overextended (nerfing strength and all). A good shotgun or melee does the job usually, doing executions after banishing targets. Again, Haven is welcome.

Lastly, note enemy actions, because sometimes heavies don't get knocked down mid-ground stomp of theirs, leaving you open to die in the rift.

Or you can go and banish high priority targets and leave them in the rift.

There is an alternate playstyle for him that you rarely ever see, based on using his 4 to detonate crit build head height quanta cubes while his augmented+STR build 3 is active. It's reasonably comparable to Vex Armour Chroma in playstyle - not caring about enemies' attacks and adding a massive multiplier to your personal damage output

In not endless missions, just use as long duration as you can and eliminate enemies one by one sitting in rift walk and rift surge. You cant carry objects in rift, but you can cover hostage and pass through barriers without triggering alarms. This is my way of leveling things solo - Limbo with weapon alone that I need to level (+ melee if weapon is really trash to take down hyekkas/drahks) and Spy on Ceres. In about 5 runs it will get lvl 30, each run takes about 5-6 mins. 

In endless missions

-Excav - use as small catabubble as possible and you will able to refuel drill having it covered. Dont use with infested, as they dont shoot.

-Intercept - as endless missions. Teammates that heavily rely on their abilities for killing (Saryn, Excal, Ember, Mesa and so on) can be banished and still they can kill everything outside.

-MobDef and Def There are two ways:

- medium duration, power, range, high effi - cover target and run in and out catabubble killing things. If encounter problematic enemy like bombard or heavy gunner, stay in bubble, apply rift surge, banish enemy and shoot it down staying under globe. Dont work with nullies, they disable rift and globe, be carefull. I play like that in solo T4 def.

- high power, range, medium duration, effi, rift surge augment - make a large bubble to trap in as many enemies as you can, apply surge and kill all with aoe weapon like simulor, tonkor, penta even amprex or ignis. High power + many enemies having rift torrent equipped = massive weapon damage boost.

Carrier sentinel recommended. It will collect all trash around and suspend it above your head until you leave rift. Quick Thinking is a must.

Edited by RobWasHere

1 hour ago, (PS4)sb001001 said:

Most of the info I can find about him is just that’s he’s considered to be a pretty bad warframe.

I got mine a few days ago and levelled it up to 30 but to be honest, I have no idea how to actually play him. Whether it’s for solo play or to be more effective in a squad.

I’d appreciated any tips you can give me about how to best play and/or build him! Thanks in advance.

Limbo is considered THE single worst warframe in the entire cast. It is very difficult to play and not nearly as rewarding as any other warframe, so most of us don't even bother.
If you want to make any use of Limbo in a team, you have to be in a support role and do exactly what your team tells you, and nothing more. It is also terrible in solo play, so prepare to die a lot.
While limbo is awful at isolating bosses or groups of enemies, it is good at isolating individual non-boss enemies, (which is not useful at all) dramatically increasing damage to the isolated enemies.

I recommend you to save your time and just pick something else before Limbo recieves a complete rework.

Just started dumping Forma on'im. Right now i'm on the second 20?cb=20150301001230 slot, hopefully the 20?cb=20150301001231 shall ensue soon.

e4bM0hr.png

From this template, you could opt into an emergency rescue/objective defence/easy Sortie Rescue build. Cast Continuum around the pod/terminal, or banish the target VIP. If you don't feel like just babysitting pop Surge, pick the most relevant targets from afar with Banish and down them.

3PsOfO1.png

And if you happen to have some of these mods, i feel like suggesting you to try this silly, silly build at least once. It's extremely energy-intensive (EV or Zenurik are warmly recommended), not incredibly damaging and it loses usefulness outside of anything above T2 levels, but going around dropping nukes left and right can be a pretty fun distraction from the daily WF routine.

Yet again, i really don't recommend maxing these mods to build, or even to use the next specific build in any "serious", dangerous or high-level scenario. It's just not gonna work. At all.

ENO4W91.png

Edited by (PS4)Van_Ter

1 hour ago, ThorienKELL said:

Let's not turn this into discussion is limbo good or not. Of course he is not but (...)

Seriously? That's like saying "Let's not make this wound worse.." and then you proceed to put your finger inside it. Don't feed conflicts.