The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma....he has some problems

Just now, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Heres an idea, wukongs defy allows him to be invincible, but use any weapon. How is vex armor and elemental ward any different? 

Defy doesn't make you do this:

Spoiler

okpyWNp.jpg

(Very old pic btw. Now stronger mods are there and i hadn't max. power str yet at this time).

Questions left?

6 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

>End goal is to tank

>Does its job leagues better at a lower cost

>The point

>You

>Discussion about Chroma's Effigy

>Brings up Valkyr's Hysteria

Has nothing to do with Chroma.

Its like we are talking about dragons and then someone brings up something about cats.

...I just made a joke didnt I?

Edited by Kao-Snake

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Defy doesn't make you do this:

Reveal hidden contents

okpyWNp.jpg

(Very old pic btw. Now stronger mods are there and i hadn't max. power str yet at this time).

Questions left?

No, it allows you to have infinite health as long as you have energy. There are 4 main tanks id say in Warframe that are tanks because of their abilities

valkyr

wukong

chroma

rhino

valkyr can tank anything, but only gets her claws as weapons

wukong cant tank anything, but because of defy, he is nigh unkillable, and can use any weapon

chroma can use any weapon, but while he cant tank huge amounts of damage, has a moment of intense squishiness

rhino, well, we all know how rhino is tank wise, but hes like chroma with the intense moments of squishiness

why does chroma an rhino have to have such common moments of time where they can tank anything, to being unable to tank anything?

3 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

Are you saying Defy and Hysteria, literal god modes, don't have infinite scaling?

"why does CHROMA an RHINO have to have such common moments of time where they can tank anything, to being unable tank anything?"

If you tell me where there is Defy or Hysteria mentioned, i'll give you a cookie :D

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

"why does CHROMA an RHINO have to have such common moments of time where they can tank anything, to being unable tank anything?"

If you tell me where there is Defy or Hysteria mentioned, i'll give you a cookie :D

https://gyazo.com/ec5ba4f67bbbe92a33ca3e7a38291e92

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context_(language_use)

Just now, GreyEnneract said:

No no no, you don't need to try talking yourself out ^^. I clearly quoted his sentence, asking why rhino and chroma can sometimes tank anything like a boss and then sometimes they don't (high level) and answered it because of infinite scaling of the enemies, they can't tank infinitely like valkyr or wukong can.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

No no no, you don't need to try talking yourself out ^^. I clearly quoted his sentence, asking why rhino and chroma can sometimes tank anything like a boss and then sometimes they don't (high level) and answered it because of infinite scaling of the enemies, they can't tank infinitely like valkyr or wukong can.

The person you quoted is asking why should they not be able to.

Also, talking myself out? Quite delusional.

58 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

So? your not supposed to use the ability for straight up damage. It was meant to be used strategically.

Electricity stuns, Fire stops them from firing at you, Cold slows them down, and toxin it just bypasses shields and does damage over time.

All of this you can do much more effectively without gimping your movement, dps and range.

1 hour ago, GreyEnneract said:

>Balance

>Hysteria exists

>Way lower cast cost, inconsequential drain, god mode

>Kek 

53 minutes ago, Kao-Snake said:

>Comparing with a Melee Ability

>Cant use any other weapons

>Comparing with another power that works differently

>tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

50 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

>End goal is to tank

>Does its job leagues better at a lower cost

>The point

>You

44 minutes ago, Kao-Snake said:

>Discussion about Chroma's Effigy

>Brings up Valkyr's Hysteria

Has nothing to do with Chroma.

Its like we are talking about dragons and then someone brings up something about cats.

...I just made a joke didnt I?

41 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

>Can't remember his own posts

>Top Kek

https://gyazo.com/333b4d3df5db48a5474df201aacc8c2e

>Using le meme arrows to discuss something in the Warframe Forums

pTUBuQF.jpg

2 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Just play chroma on strength and duration and use 2 and 3. Otherwise you're just wasting a frame slot. His first and last ability are unfortunately extremely lackluster. Maybe DE is gonna fix it some day.

^^ +10000000 to this!

When I began "experimenting" with Chroma, I found that these two in tangent with one another is an amazing combo. Enough to get you past a 60 minute Survival on Egeria, Ceres.

I've been smitten with Chroma since.

OP, when you say maxed out, do you mean 6 forma, and or arcane? I stuck 6 forma on mine but haven't got around to getting arcanes for him.

Anyway, I have not found any situation where using his spectral scream was worth the key press. I found it was a waste of time to trigger its animation and it was energy that could have been saved for Vex armor and elemental ward. I do not expect much from a '1' power, but I would rather have something likes Frost's '1' freeze that's quick and gets the job done.

Effigy 4 has one use for me. i use it occasionally when running Sechura for a small amount of extra credits. For everything else, it's a waste of energy that could have been used for something that mattered, like life-strike, vex armor or elemental ward.

Edited by LazyKnight

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

All of this you can do much more effectively without gimping your movement, dps and range.

I still find it effective in some missions, not all and every location though. even though it has 60% status it would still proc on the 2nd hit most of the time.

All I can say for that is you "can" do it, it's just not always there. For example, I don't use the sonicor all the time nor do I have 100% status weapons all the time.

I don't really feel as if it needs to do huge amounts of damage for a low energy cost. I use it to stop enemies not do 2k damage per second.

I think this ability scales at higher levels because of the stun, not because of it's damage. That's how I feel about it, and how I've used it.

8 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

I still find it effective in some missions, not all and every location though. even though it has 60% status it would still proc on the 2nd hit most of the time.

All I can say for that is you "can" do it, it's just not always there. For example, I don't use the sonicor all the time nor do I have 100% status weapons all the time.

I don't really feel as if it needs to do huge amounts of damage for a low energy cost. I use it to stop enemies not do 2k damage per second.

I think this ability scales at higher levels because of the stun, not because of it's damage. That's how I feel about it, and how I've used it.

The problem is that the stun will only work 6/10 times! Again, i can be confident that something like shock, fireblast, or hell, even pull will work 100% of the time when i want a stun, but when it can only stun 60% of the time...

I think they could lower vex and effigy cost a bit, so you can use both at once without much problems. And really, rework 1 please. You can't even call it "weaker version of Ignis"...

Edited by Hesyol

Chroma absolutely need buffs. His 1 actually can be deleted and made into something that allows elemental changes. His 4 needs to remove the penalty to armor and hit harder with less drain. His 2 needs more range so that he can actually start to support the team. His other 3 elements(electric and fire especially) need buffs to match Ice elements capabilities. 

It makes no sense that other frames can just press 4 to win while having other viable late-game buttons, while Chroma has to have 6 formas in him and loads of Rare Fusion cores just to barely be viable and ultimately inferior to those frames.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)OjamaThunder123 said:

Chroma absolutely need buffs. His 1 actually can be deleted and made into something that allows elemental changes. His 4 needs to remove the penalty to armor and hit harder with less drain. His 2 needs more range so that he can actually start to support the team. His other 3 elements(electric and fire especially) need buffs to match Ice elements capabilities. 

It makes no sense that other frames can just press 4 to win while having other viable late-game buttons, while Chroma has to have 6 formas in him and loads of Rare Fusion cores just to barely be viable and ultimately inferior to those frames.

Indeed

I agree with OP that Chroma could use a rework/tweeking, but he is super fun to play and has a lot of versatility.

Red chroma is often used for credit farming in dark sector missions on pluto because effigy produces more credits from it's kills.  However, I love playing red chroma in any infested mission.  I effigy on a main route, let the infested swarm him while i stand behind him and spray ignis over the mob, using only 2.  I love the increased mobility as I've got chroma modded for high speed anyway and with the 20% bump he's super fast.   In heircon farming missions, this combination is very effective and I often get high damage in those missions, not to mention being very fun. 

White chroma is a super tank with the ice sheath, and effigy is useful in D and S missions to distract bad guys.

I haven't played green or blue chroma very much, but green chroma should be helpful in a team with saryn.   blue chroma should be good against corpus with ignis rigged for magnetic. 

the BIG tweek i'd like to see is effigy energy cost per tick being reduced by 1/2.  effigy is key to most of my chroma play style and even with a good build and energy siphon focus passive, effigy is hard to maintain indefinitely. 

his 1 power is pretty useless for me and could use a major rework, perhaps adding elemental damage to all of chroma's weapons instead of the odd breath thing. 

but all in all, chroma is one of my favorite frames, especially playing heircon, pluto or dark sector missions. 

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

8 minutes ago, (PS4)OjamaThunder123 said:

in a sense, chroma is like saryn, a bit more complex, but very powerful in specific missions. 

i agree that he needs buffs and his 1 is worthless... making 1 an elemental damage buff to all of chroma's weapons would make sense in that slot.   also, as i mentioned above, cutting the per tick energy cost of effigy would be quite welcome. 

I'd combine Elemental Ward and Vex Armor as one power rather than two separate ones. Change out Spectral Scream for something else, or give it a serious buff to range, strength, and mobility where it can at least surpass a fully forma'd ignis. Maybe throw on a health boost, or whatever boost your color determines for the teammates that you've aim it at. 

With Vex Armor and Elemental Ward being combined into one power for 3, I'd take the now open number 2 and consider some sort of flight, or shielding with his Effigy Wings, or perhaps allow for a secondary Effigy effect that acts more like a Kubrow, over his number 4, which would remain the stationary Turent. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'd combine Elemental Ward and Vex Armor as one power rather than two separate ones. Change out Spectral Scream for something else, or give it a serious buff to range, strength, and mobility where it can at least surpass a fully forma'd ignis. Maybe throw on a health boost, or whatever boost your color determines for the teammates that you've aim it at. 

With Vex Armor and Elemental Ward being combined into one power for 3, I'd take the now open number 2 and consider some sort of flight, or shielding with his Effigy Wings, or perhaps allow for a secondary Effigy effect that acts more like a Kubrow, over his number 4, which would remain the stationary Turent. 

I wouldnt mind that personally

4 hours ago, LazyKnight said:

Effigy 4 has one use for me. i use it occasionally when running Sechura for a small amount of extra credits. For everything else, it's a waste of energy that could have been used for something that mattered, like life-strike, vex armor or elemental ward.

The only reason I use it is to reach extraction faster after a mission...