The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Names for Kubrows

LordKenshi-EN-

I named my last disgusting, ugly one Adam Sandler. My Kubrow is a disgrace to my lineage.

Funny story time:

Spoiler

The funny thing is though on a more serious note, when I do decide to bring him out of his cage for once out of months of not and deciding to feed him scraps; when I bring him to missions, if anyone ever comments on him (i.e. "lol adam sander", "Why'd you name your dog Adam Sandler?", "Nice kubrow name", etc), I will purposely get super defensive about it.
For example, sometimes I hop on the mic and get really close to it and say something along the lines of ".....you talkin' shiit about my doge? HOW DARE THE!?", or type out something like how Adam Sandler is the strongest singularity within the entire cosmos, and I'm not afraid to unleash him to beat up your dad.

Why am I sharing this? I don't know, felt like sharing some stories. But the point being, typically if I breed a doge I don't like at all, I'll name it something such as (but not limited to) Adam Sandler, Doge, Guy Fieri, Smash Mouth (or alternatively, Mr. Mouth), a play-on word(s) (via pun) on some S#&$ty classic rock band from the 70's/80's that many people still like, which is clearly me making fun of it, and/or etc.

(nothing wrong with that era of music haha. I just like to bust on peoples balls for the fun of it lol).

ANYWAYS,

The usual names I'll go for is Portuguese and Japanese names, since those are the two languages I have been studying for the past few years in college (why those two, see Spoiler tab below), so I usually go for names such as 穂乃果、Inês、Adelina、 ことり、希望、or anything of that nature that sounds nice / well-known figures.

Spoiler

(interest because of family but due to being the first born in the U.S. I never picked up or was exposed enough the respected languages since it was only myself/brother and parents living in a whole new country)

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

37 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

u don't know what is inside of it + it is alive so it must have organs in there

We are talking about borderlands here. Anything is possible there.

Mister Torgue High-Five Flexington says so.

I want U19 come soon. I wanna make my operator into Tiny Tina.

Due to "recent" events: "Doggy McDogFace".

Call him "Vor" and count, how often people point out, whenever he goes down, that he is in fact energy and cannot be destroyed!

Don't know, how long the names can be, but someone should honour our lost friends and name her kubrow "BestFriendForLive 2 (post-incubator-upgrade-edition)"

I just kind of pick whatever pops into my head after about an hour of staring at the screen trying and failing to come up with a name....

So far i got:

Lucy: my first real dog's name.

Fernando: for some reason I just liked the name at the time.

Bodan: he was fat and I was in a Dragon age play through at the time.

Synoid Kubrow: He was blue, white, and black and I payed for the egg with a globe augment, the stars just aligned for this name.

Xander: just a reference to my old Dust 514 username, it was the last game I played before my PS3 broke and they had just announced the game's shut down this May 30th.

There were a few others as I searched in vain for a chesa, but I kind of forgot them after having to come up with 20 or so....

All of my kubrows (except for my first--wish I could go back and change his name >~<) are Hebrew names that begin with A, related to the breed. So my Huras is Amraphel ("he speaks of secrets"), my Chesa is Aliza ("Full of Joy"), and my Sahasa is Asher ("lucky").

My Raksa is named Bastion, but if I could rename him he'd be Amos ("Strong" or "Brave," especially in the sense of carrying or supporting).

My kavats will probably follow a similar pattern, but probably a different letter from a different language. I'm pondering Egyptian, but... we'll see. :o

The kubrows I have now are named Natahlie, Drullan, Fluffer, Nutter, and Dinky. 

I usually dont even try to think of a name until they have finished incubating and its time to give them a name. 

Any name about how fluffy they are is great I think, so I say go with Fluffernator.