The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sometimes, It Just Works Out. And You Get A New Ship.

BornWithTeeth

w00t! Have all the components of a Mantis cooking in the Orbiter's nanofactory. First got the Orokin rare container component ages and ages ago, sat on it, did nothing. Then, on Earth a few months ago, took a detour and found a big orange crate with another part. Finally, today I heard that tell tale chiming on Jupiter and hunted around until I found it and bam! All three parts, complete!

I'm well aware that the Mantis' air support ability isn't actually very good. I just really like having a spare dropship, just in case.

damn, that's some pretty insane luck right there! nice!

edit: thinking about it, none of the Air support abilities are really that great. even the Xiphos' Sentry Turret is just a friendly Corpus Turret that has VERY little health and does no decent level of damage against level 30+ mobs.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

5 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

edit: thinking about it, none of the Air support abilities are really that great. even the Xiphos' Sentry Turret is just a friendly Corpus Turret that has VERY little health and does no decent level of damage against level 30+ mobs.

You should try having 4 of em in void defence on top of the objective under snowglobe, Help to keep the pod clean.

Actually, having extra heal opens you many possibilities.

For now, I have Life Strike only when I play some tanky warframe with rage.

I save many team health restores thx to Mantis, and it's always good feeling to focus gameplay around 'em. 

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

w00t! Have all the components of a Mantis cooking in the Orbiter's nanofactory. First got the Orokin rare container component ages and ages ago, sat on it, did nothing. Then, on Earth a few months ago, took a detour and found a big orange crate with another part. Finally, today I heard that tell tale chiming on Jupiter and hunted around until I found it and bam! All three parts, complete!

I'm well aware that the Mantis' air support ability isn't actually very good. I just really like having a spare dropship, just in case.

I think Mantis has the best air support imo.

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2016 at 5:32 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah... the turrets dont do much against 30+ enemies as individuals... but if you are patient and keep the things alive, once you get anywhere between 5-10 of em.... well... lets just say you could go 1 hr 40 minutes in a tower defence with just the turrets being your only source of damage

EDIT:  the video i saw, the four ppl were on a t2 survival with a bubble frost to protect the turrets, desecrate nekros for more life support drops, speed nova (to speed up spawns) and a roar rhino  to boost turret dmg.  this set up earned this group a 1 hr 40min t2 survival run

Edited by (XB1)Neon Lights9212

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

yeah... the turrets dont do much against 30+ enemies as individuals... but if you are patient and keep the things alive, once you get anywhere between 5-10 of em.... well... lets just say you could go 1 hr 40 minutes in a tower defence with just the turrets being your only source of damage

EDIT:  the video i saw, the four ppl were on a t2 survival with a bubble frost to protect the turrets, desecrate nekros for more life support drops, speed nova (to speed up spawns) and a roar rhino  to boost turret dmg.  this set up earned this group a 1 hr 40min t2 survival run

My brother, myself and a couple of our clan mates have the Xiphos for the turrets.  We layer the turrets, 4 deep, every ten minutes. XD  

But, congrats OP!  That's some good luck right there.

9 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

My brother, myself and a couple of our clan mates have the Xiphos for the turrets.  We layer the turrets, 4 deep, every ten minutes. XD  

But, congrats OP!  That's some good luck right there.

exactly, its a tactic that i actually used to use in those tower defense style games.  sometimes, just using a crap ton of the basic towers will carry you farther than the strongest tower in a game.  the same applies here, 1 turret does jack diddly, 10 turrets on the other hand...