The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE Made A Frame Obtainable Through PvP. Would That Stir A Problem?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

7 hours ago, Larsurus said:

One word: yes

A few more words: pvp is not part of the main direction of the game. Putting a frame behind a pvp wall would raise all kinds of hell from the players who have no interest in pvp, which is a vast majority.

I agree. Destiny did that with exotic weapons and all pve players complained. What I don't understand is why it's wrong to do so with pvp, but OK with archwing? Archwings should be obtainable from archwing missions, not frames (Atlas)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

I agree. Destiny did that with exotic weapons and all pve players complained. What I don't understand is why it's wrong to do so with pvp, but OK with archwing? Archwings should be obtainable from archwing missions, not frames (Atlas)

Because Archwings are part of the main game/storyline, albeit a flimsy part that needs some improvements. Also, people with toaster computers and Morse code connections who play 99% solo would never be able to get a frame behind a pvp wall.

8 hours ago, Kaiczar said:

If the abilities were made specifically for PvP and not PvE and it was only usable in the Conclave then no.

Otherwise it'd be a problem.

I'd still call it a problem.  Since I don't enjoy pvp, I don't play it but someone who does enjoy pvp would be able to get another 6k mastery rank which would force me to go earn the frame myself.

Is PvE part of the game ? Yes but Archwing and PvP are ALSO part of the game just because some choose to only play a third of the game doesn't mean one portion is LESS important the the other two.

But I do think the content should be specific to that game mode (excluding cosmetics). PvP exclusive Frames AND Weapons should exist. It's in DE's best interest to attract the biggest player base possible.

39 minutes ago, CoRRh said:

The response was bad enough when DE started forcing people to do Archwing for stuff (like a Frame). It was honestly some of the harshest feedback I've seen that DE didn't do anything about

Because they have the metrics and know it was all talk with no action.

47 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Is PvE part of the game ? Yes but Archwing and PvP are ALSO part of the game just because some choose to only play a third of the game doesn't mean one portion is LESS important the the other two.

But I do think the content should be specific to that game mode (excluding cosmetics). PvP exclusive Frames AND Weapons should exist. It's in DE's best interest to attract the biggest player base possible.

Archwing still falls under PVE though. It's certainly not PVP.

3 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

there's a lot of worry among the community of pvp bleeding over too far into pve and those new conclave skins are still raising eyebrows. personally I don't like the skins locked behind pvp, but they're simply cosmetic; hell the celestia syandana (conclave only one, requiring daily conclave challenges for full visuals) is still being salted . The second something truly game changing like a new warframe, weapon or a good mod is locked behind pvp all hell is going to break loose

the two game modes need to stay separate as much as possible, a mini game should not have game changing effects and items for the main game otherwise you're just gonna burn the pve people out; the pve people being the vast majority of warframe, rather than the few hundred or so who play conclave regularly

its just a bad idea all around

PVP is not a mini-game. That Zephyr flying game is a mini-game. PVP has been part of WF since U12 or 13 I believe. It use to be in the format of Rail Wars which was participated by a large portion of the public and even though conclave nowadays while not as popular granted is still not a mini-game. It is not as centric as PVE but its not a mini-game. Like I said that Zehpyr flappy wings game is what a mini-game is.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

Yes and they should definitely not put a frame or a weapon behind PVP because of host migration issues. PVP already has a problem with challenges as all your progress can easily be lost, be it host migration or people leaving conclave to force you to wait for others to rejoin in the hopes you can cash in on said challenges. Forget how you personally feel about PVP--be you for it or against it, you don't put content like that behind a mode like that without fixing all that first, end of discussion.

You also can't seriously expect people to grind in PVP for any of those kind of items without involving dedicated servers, something they aren't interested in providing. 

Archwing doesn't have this problem. I'm not dreading it whenever there's a host migration in archwing.

Just imagine someone potentially suffering through pvp then HOST MIGRATION, all progress lost and RNG on top of that? No thank you.

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

I never play pvp since they took out the DS missions, but even then I don't like the idea coz I am really bad at pvp so I wouldn't want a frame to be only obtainable from pvp missions. But saying that I would probably just buy it anyway so it wouldn't affect me

Edited by -CM-SASMcBride

DE needs to look at Firefall and other games that do two seperate game modes well. In FF, you can play pve and gain everything there is in the game. But, if you decide to pvp, that rewards you with a higher chance of obtaining x and y. You can get x and y in pve, but it will take you longer. This way you are not forced to play one or the other.

Also, I want to play pvp. But DE needs to give me a reason to play pvp. Are all the frames, weapons balanced? Is pvp fun? Are the level designs beautiful and give many tactical options (being warframe lvl design is boring and ugly) and what are the rewards for working hard as a team?

Edited by kilerskull

A Warframe available in PvE that was also available as a PvP reward? Sure! I have no issue with alternate reward paths, if PvP people want a way to get a Warframes doing the stuff they like, more power to them.

A PvP exclusive Warframe? I would spit tacks and abandon the game I'm a founder of without a second thought.

Here's the thing: Normal Warframe, Archwing, Syndicates, Focus... It's all just me playing a game, my own speed, my own time.

PvP? That is proxy interpersonal conflict, I don't like it IRL, and I sure as hell don't want any part of it in my free time. I don't care how you wrap it up, I will not voluntarily be in conflict with other people

I don't want to have to "fight" a real person to continue to earn things in this game, same way I don't want to have to acquire facebook likes, bet on popular sporting events, sing in public or hold my hand over a naked flame in order to progress in this game because none of those thing have anything to do with the game I became a founder of.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

PVP is not a mini-game. That Zephyr flying game is a mini-game. PVP has been part of WF since U12 or 13 I believe. It use to be in the format of Rail Wars which was participated by a large portion of the public and even though conclave nowadays while not as popular granted is still not a mini-game. It is not as centric as PVE but its not a mini-game. Like I said that Zehpyr flappy wings game is what a mini-game is.

minigame

Noun

(plural minigames)

1. (video games) A minor or incidental game within a larger video game.

sure seems like a mini game to me, along with happy zephyr and wyrmius

happily agree to disagree with you

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

A Warframe available in PvE that was also available as a PvP reward? Sure! I have no issue with alternate reward paths, if PvP people want a way to get a Warframes doing the stuff they like, more power to them.

A PvP exclusive Warframe? I would spit tacks and abandon the game I'm a founder of without a second thought.

Here's the thing: Normal Warframe, Archwing, Syndicates, Focus... It's all just me playing a game, my own speed, my own time.

PvP? That is proxy interpersonal conflict, I don't like it IRL, and I sure as hell don't want any part of it in my free time. I don't care how you wrap it up, I will not voluntarily be in conflict with other people

I don't want to have to "fight" a real person to continue to earn things in this game, same way I don't want to have to acquire facebook likes, bet on popular sporting events, sing in public or hold my hand over a naked flame in order to progress in this game because none of those thing have anything to do with the game I became a founder of.

tumblr_mf7a8fweuB1qctrupo1_500.gif

We have enough neverlucky babyrage in "cooperative" Warframe as it is. PvP, and all its attendant waste, can go tonguepunch a fartbox.

6 hours ago, DxAdder said:

PvP is the smallest population in the game only bigger than the population of active founders. That's not necessarily cause it's not advertised or anything. (anyone with a right mind would have seen the conclave window at some point.) PvP is a game mode tacked on for players who wanna fight each other. there is no "third" of the game that is PvP. PvP is probably 10% if anything to the core of the game which is all PvE (AW included whether you wanna believe it or not). PvP should just stay with skins and nothing more. 

2 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

minigame

Noun

(plural minigames)

1. (video games) A minor or incidental game within a larger video game.

sure seems like a mini game to me, along with happy zephyr and wyrmius

happily agree to disagree with you

The key word there is game. It's not a separate game within a game. It's an element of warframe. Different element but same game. Its like in Halo. Firefight is PVE but that doesnt mean Firefight is a separate mini game. Pve in general  is available in H5 but tgat doesnt mean is a minigame lol. Pvp element has been with WF since u12 or 13. That would be like me saying archwing or raid is a mini game. Mini games are separate games within a larger game. So yes wyrimus is a minigame. 

There's also pvp feedback on this forum. There isn't a wyrimus feedback or zephyr flappy bird feedback

Furthermore the last poll Rebecca did on pvp dark sectors only 36% of the population said they didn't want it. That means 64% ranged from maybe to yes. I would say that while pvp isn't the most popular it by far isn't lacking interest. 

So yes I will also happily agree to disagree with you. 

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

As a pvp player i personally wouldnt mind if they made it so:

• We gain no mastery from it (to deter pve players from making public games and us joining "booster" lobbies)
  • It always remains at level 30, even if forma'd
  • It cannot be used in pve
  • Its abilities were only to counter certain pvp playstyles (such as a Primary/Secondary/Melee disrupt which will cause the Primary/Secondary/Melee of enemies within range to deal 0 damage for 5 seconds, but it will consume all energy and have a min energy cost of 25 or 50 for balance). This gives you the option to either use this frame to counter playstyles or use a frame that compliments your preferred playstyle

That way, pvp players have 0 advantage of pve players except for them being able to play this frame in pvp

9VnWZuj.png

Edited by Grunt
forgot how to forums

Recruiting chat.

H PvP Daily missions. need someone who helps me do mine and ill help them do theirs.

You'll just end up with people sucking any and all life out of your gamemode because you forced them into there. Also alot of balance changes based around people who suck at pvp :v

also new assassinate mission:

Tenno you are here to hunt down the infamous Teshin. Not only has he come into possession of lost tenno artifacts but he has also been brainwashing and training an army of warframes to fight for him. If you fail today there may be no one who could stand against him.