Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to get gallium at mastery rank 2?

zoobmer

Question

there's a thread on this forum about farming gallium with a lot of answers. the problem with that thread is that none of the answers are viable at lower mastery ranks; as the areas suggested are not yet unlocked. at mastery rank 2, certain weapons are unlocked that require gallium; such as Scindo, which is what I am currently trying to build. I have played multiple nodes on mars, and received no gallium what so ever. as this resource is needed to upgrade one's arsenal at mastery rank 2, there must be a way to get it. I have not been able to find any answers for this question through google search, and thought I should ask it here.

12 answers to this question

Better be able to kill the boss in Mars (specifically, War), since the boss has a higher than normal chance of dropping gallium.

Or you can attempt to do endless missions (survival for now), and roll some gallium from enemies, albeit rarely.

Or you can just go to a ship sabotage mission back in mercury and get all 3 caches, since cache #3 has a chance to contain rare resources such as gallium.

Planets don't unlock via your mastery rank, they unlock when you kill the boss of the preceding planet. Different planetary levels have nothing to do with mastery rank, either, higher level content is surpassed by using higher to max level warframes and weapons, with or without reactors/catalsts, and with higher potency mods.  Mastery rank affects none of that.

Gallium can be obtained from Mars. Mars is level 6-20,  very doable by players using max rank frames and weapons without catalysts or reactors, as long as you mod and play well. The Mars nave segment drops from Captain Vor.  If you haven't unlocked it, kill him again.

Fighting Mar's boss, The Sergent, would be your best bet. Bosses tend to have a higher chance of dropping rare resources compared to normal enemies, and the Sergent is hilariously easy to kill (one of the easiest bosses in the game, if not the easiest).

Otherwise, running endless missions like Defense or Survival are probably the second best option. If your luck with enemy drops is really rotten, you could even try recruiting someone with a Nekros or Hydroid for an additional chance at Gallium drops.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

It's a "rare" resource, so it may not drop very often. The boss on Mars, "The Sergeant", is listed as dropping it and will probably drop it more often than regular enemies.

It's higher level content, but Uranus drops Gallium pretty frequently from what I've seen.

I'd suggest grabbing a team and farming either the Kadesh Dark Sector or the Sergeant's boss fight, both have a decent chance to drop some Gallium. Sarge is basically just a tougher Crewman, he shouldn't be a problem for you, but take a team anyway just in case you don't feel confident enough yet.

You may have your heart set on the Scindo but I'd also recommend starting out with some weaponry that's easier to build. You don't have to go straight for the strongest gear, there's plenty of cheaper melees that will get you through the solar system without a problem. And believe me once you do start gathering more resources you'll be able to pick and choose your arsenal. Worry less about aiming for specific weapons and focus on clearing each planet, you'll be better off in the long run.

the boss was actually unavailable until I increased my mastery rank again. I actually figured it out after posting this: the places that are available at that point just have a very low gallium drop rate, and I had really bad luck. I got the gallium I needed via survival on mars, because that seemed like the only viable option. thanks to everyone who replied, and thanks for not making fun of my lack of experience.

12 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

the boss was actually unavailable until I increased my mastery rank again. I actually figured it out after posting this: the places that are available at that point just have a very low gallium drop rate, and I had really bad luck. I got the gallium I needed via survival on mars, because that seemed like the only viable option. thanks to everyone who replied, and thanks for not making fun of my lack of experience.

No problem, but just a heads up, the boss wasn't locked out from your Mastery Rank, no nodes are locked by mastery rank at all, you simply needed to do the preceding mission to unlock the node.

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

No problem, but just a heads up, the boss wasn't locked out from your Mastery Rank, no nodes are locked by mastery rank at all, you simply needed to do the preceding mission to unlock the node.

actually, when I go fight to fight the earht boss, I get an error that tells me I can't until I get mastery rank 5.

Just now, ZBanx said:

actually, when I go fight to fight the earht boss, I get an error that tells me I can't until I get mastery rank 5.

Yeah, Vay Hek is rank 5, a hold over from needing keys farmed on Ceres to unlock him, but IIRC he's the only one who's locked, Sergeant isn't.