The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Frame Confirmed! Vauban Prime!

(PSN)Elctrcstel

You know I really hated the part where they used cinematic elements to create a short trailer, it made me think too much of hollywood, because they also use cinematic elements to make movies and such.

sorry I'm feelin salty today. but Legion is right... there's no reason to complain about the phrasing and such within the trailer, if you were complaining about Vauban being next I could kinda sorta see your point, but the way they decided to say something completely arbitrary to help build hype for a new prime frame coming? nah

Sidenote: What does anything about the statement, "For your consideration... Vauban Prime" have to do with Lore :p?

Edited by LilLemay

My theory is that Ballas was under scrutiny from the Orokin High Counsil, and the whole "Lust was my sin" thing was Ballas trying to distance himself from Marghulis. Like saying,"I did love her, but that was a mistake" kind of thing. Not that Ballas never loved her, but that he was just trying to save his skin. And then it fell to Ballas to design Warframes to regain his former standing with the High Council, and the "For you consideration, Vauban" (Which for what its worth, I thought was freaking awesome) was Ballas pitching the idea of Vauban, or in the Orokin's case, Vauban Prime, to the High Council.

Edited by RunningFox

I don't see why it would kill hype or present any substantial lore element. It seemed fine to me, though you could interpret it in many ways.

1) A 'thank you' to Vauban.

2) A pitch of Vauban's idea to the Executors.

3) He is giving something to Vauban to consider (information, the stuff he said in the trailer).a

10 minutes ago, LilLemay said:

You know I really hated the part where they used cinematic elements to create a short trailer, it made me think too much of hollywood, because they also use cinematic elements to make movies and such.

sorry I'm feelin salty today. but Legion is right... there's no reason to complain about the phrasing and such within the trailer, if you were complaining about Vauban being next I could kinda sorta see your point, but the way they decided to say something completely arbitrary to help build hype for a new prime frame coming? nah

Sidenote: What does anything about the statement, "For your consideration... Vauban Prime" have to do with Lore :p?

What's so bad about it? It's really nice over the old teasers.

Well it might be true but if DE goes by their pattern they will put something in t3 survival rot c. Why ?? Cuz they have put it ever since nova p dropped, each prime frame had 1 part in there. Though farming will still take time and thus farming Vauban prime and Vauban will be about same time.

Edited by SharkPot

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Seems pretty much this way.
DElogic at its best

I don't know why anyone is acting like this is a bad thing. Why would DE make it harder to get than a frame that is locked to random, uncommon alerts? If they did something like that with Vauban Prime it would be a ridiculously arbitrary disaster just for the sake of consistency.

Player logic at its best.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't know why anyone is acting like this is a bad thing. Why would DE make it harder to get than a frame that is locked to random, uncommon alerts? If they did something like that with Vauban Prime it would be a ridiculously arbitrary disaster just for the sake of consistency.

Player logic at its best.

1) Vauban P > Vauban, which leads to 2) Vauban P should be harder to obtain due to offering more reward, which leads to 3) Either Vauban P should be ridiculously hard to get OR the regular one should finally become a dojo research.

26 minutes ago, Teloch said:

1) Vauban P > Vauban, which leads to 2) Vauban P should be harder to obtain due to offering more reward, which leads to 3) Either Vauban P should be ridiculously hard to get OR the regular one should finally become a dojo research.

Except in the case where Vauban is obtained by random uncommon alerts. Counts for an exception to the rule.

26 minutes ago, Teloch said:

I see your point and agree with it. I guess given how long we're hearing from DE that they will reduce the grind *, I guess it's most likely that vauban prime will have amazingly low drop chances to make him harder to obtain than vanilla vauban which at least is a guaranteed drop on uncommon alerts.

* yes, iirc they said it on a devstream before the end of 2015 and all we have seen since then is increased grind instead (: 

Vauban prime will be easier to get than Vauban for the average player, becuase they can dedicate themselves to farming for him when they are able to, where as with regular Vauban, the player is at the mercy of whenever DE decides have the alert pop up at a time they can complete it. My friend has been trying for a year now, but the alert for the systems has consistantly been on when he was at work, or in the middle of the night when he was asleep.

To be honest, in my opinion, how you get him was the worst design decision DE has made, with the second being stance distribution.

Its time vs grind for Vauban/prime.

with regular Vauban you just play the game, then eventually you see the alert for the parts you need, then you get it. for prime, you have to grind, and grind, and grind, and play the same mission 40 times hopping you get what you want.

I prefer obtaining the regular Vauban to any prime any day.