Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are waframes now orange and blue?

-Shoi-

So a lot of the recent warframes that have been released all have some form of an orange/blue color combination for their default color palettes. Why is this? Is there some mysterious lore/connection that we don't know about that somehow involves their colors? Or some other reason?

cadbddd0e0.jpg
fb4aac83d3.jpg
d8344fb802.jpg

Even Atlas is similar to this situation
a3e920374d.jpg

And now from today's PAX east stream with the reveal of the next warframe:
5f5f2f7e99.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bacti said:

So a lot of the recent warframes that have been released all have some form of an orange/blue color combination for their default color palettes. Why is this? Is there some mysterious lore/connection that we don't know about that somehow involves their colors? Or some other reason?

cadbddd0e0.jpg
fb4aac83d3.jpg
d8344fb802.jpg

Even Atlas is similar to this situation
a3e920374d.jpg

And now from today's PAX east stream with the reveal of the next warframe:
5f5f2f7e99.jpg

Either DE looks the Colors or it is probably lore related 

I can't remember the exact explanation, but I read somewhere that orange and blue are perfect compliments for each other... something to do with where they lie on the spectrum or something. There's actually a legit scientific explanation for it.

That being said, most the Warframes you pictured aren't orange and blue. I mean, Atlas is like greys and brown. Sort of a washed out brick-red.

7 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I can't remember the exact explanation, but I read somewhere that orange and blue are perfect compliments for each other... something to do with where they lie on the spectrum or something. There's actually a legit scientific explanation for it.

That being said, most the Warframes you pictured aren't orange and blue. I mean, Atlas is like greys and brown. Sort of a washed out brick-red.

yes, orange and blue compliment each other very well, and plus it allows for them to have a sci-fi look and still look lore related for the aesthetics of the game. 

I don't think it has any official lore, but it keeps the characters in the mood they want.

Edited by Atlas.0-5

27 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Take the color spectrum, and put them on a wheel like so:
HGTV_Color-Wheel-Full_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtv

Blue and orange lie 180 degrees apart. Therefore they are "complimentary"

3 minutes ago, angias said:

The only color that we don't see is green.

No seriously try a decent customisation with green has principal color.(it's hard)

The only one i've found to be okay with that color is frost.

My main Loki scheme I've used forever is primarily red and green, and I've always loved it.

J0l0uaL.jpg

18 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

My main Loki scheme I've used forever is primarily red and green, and I've always loved it.

Reveal hidden contents

J0l0uaL.jpg

I've tried so many red and green combo's on a lot of frames. I always have the same problem. It looks too Christmas'y. But I have to admit, your Loki looks good!

9 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Reveal hidden contents

J0l0uaL.jpg

Yes it's looks good.

Loki,ember,nyx looks good with some shade of green.

3 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I figured why Atlas was mentioned was because of how close his two dominate colours are to orange and blue. At least going off his picture, you can easily up the saturation, a bit of brightness and it would work for what OP is getting at. At least to make the cadet grey less washed out and the brick-red into a more of a rust. I mean of course none of them are a pure primary orange or blue, but they're all analogous (some more than others). But you get the idea lol.

So with that being said about the OP, I think it's honestly/purely coincidental. As some have pointed out, they are both basically complimentary of each other, so they typically work together visually well.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow