The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are they stopping at 30 Warframes?

Vaestus

Why would they?

Why 30? Is it because the next one makes 30 unique frames?

Don't listen to rumours.

Edit : Think of it this way, frames are money, so why would they stop? Some people buy frames, some people buy slots or potatoes to go in them, or frame specific cosmetics. Can't think of a good reason to think that the rumour is anything more than baseless.

Edited by Egg_Chen

9 minutes ago, Vaestus said:

That's the rumor I've heard.

It's a ridiculous rumor.

DE will stop making Warframes at some point, but there is no proof they are about to stop. If anything, they are making Frames faster and faster.

Think in the recent PAX convention they said they wanted to introduce quite a few more community inspired Warframes, so that tosses that rumour into the airlock along with the unwanted Kubrow's.

Edited by Naith

we're past that point, there's 39 Warframes if you count all the Prime versions (which you should, as they are a separate frame). the fairy one makes 40. they could stop there, but then there's Umbra Excal, that's 41. would make sense to go for another round number IMO. 60 seems fair.

they'll keep making Warframes as long as there's demand, and that's fine by me.

[DE]Steve said during the PAX East panel that currently, excluding Prime frames, there are 29 frames. And the odd number bothered him, so he wanted to "bring the number up"..

This was in jest. A lightly humorous segue. Preferring even numbers to odd numbers is a trait often anecdotally associated with OCD. How could anyone interpret this as meaning "Titania" is the last non-Prime frame?

1 hour ago, Naith said:

Think in the recent PAX convention they said they wanted to introduce quite a few more community inspired Warframes, so that tosses that rumour into the airlock along with the unwanted Kubrow's.

I think what they meant was there are about 18 (i think that was the number) of theme concepts from the community they can pool from if they run out of ideas. Like there was a demand for a "dragon" frame and they made chroma. (chroma isn't based off the dragon concept, but the concept was looked at during the creation) DE has a large pool of themes they can go with.

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I think what they meant was there are about 18 (i think that was the number) of theme concepts from the community they can pool from if they run out of ideas. Like there was a demand for a "dragon" frame and they made chroma. (chroma isn't based off the dragon concept, but the concept was looked at during the creation) DE has a large pool of themes they can go with.

Hmm, just going by what AM-Bunny typed up, however, I didn't catch the part on the stream when they actually mentioned this so no idea if it's right or wrong.

I do think a break from Warframe's would be nice though... So they can focus on other stuff for a bit and really develop a frame and its abilities.

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

Just going by what AM-Bunny typed up which does say what I've said, however, I didn't catch the part on the stream when they actually mentioned this so no idea if it's right or wrong.

I do think a break from Warframe's would be nice though... So they can focus on other stuff for a bit and really develop a frame and its abilities.

What i think is maybe they should cut back on the Ux.5 frames for a bit to give more time in between where there is work being done for now.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

What i think is maybe they should cut back on the Ux.5 frames for a bit to give more time in between where there is work being done for now.

Definitely. When we get the .5 male frames I always tend to think they feel a little.. Lacking. Yet when we get the .0 frame it has more of a punch to it especially as it's the bigger of the updates.

Edited by Naith

Just now, Naith said:

Definitely. When we get the .5 male frames I always tend to think they feel a little.. Lacking. Yet when we get the .0 frame it has a punch to it especially as it's the bigger of the updates.

I can argue that inaros is one of the best frames in game and he's a .5 frame.

Just now, Naith said:

Definitely. When we get the .5 male frames I always tend to think they feel a little.. Lacking. Yet when we get the .0 frame it has a punch to it especially as it's the bigger of the updates.

I can argue that inaros is one of the best frames in game and he's a .5 frame.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

we're past that point, there's 41 Warframes if you count all the Prime versions (which you should, as they are a separate frame). the fairy one makes 42. they could stop there, but then there's Umbra Excal, that's 43. would make sense to go for another round number IMO. 60 seems fair.

they'll keep making Warframes as long as there's demand, and that's fine by me.

FTFY, +1 to all them if you're counting Vauban Prime.