Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #73!

[DE]Rebecca

Question: Back during Livestream #45 there's was a question about possible weapon slots and Warframe slots being provided as part of the Mastery system. Steve seemed to like the idea, is this something the team is still discussing or was it shelved/dropped? Also what other things are being consider to make mastery more appealing beyond rank 8.

Question: Given the previous changes to Void Sabotage rewards providing more then one reward. Has any thought or ideas been considered/prototyped for helping out on Exterminates, Mobile Defenses, & Captures missions?

Question: Any thoughts on the void reward structure for endless mission types given that for any rotations that is not C seem to have the smallest set of rewards, or no rewards for Defense and Survival I's in terms of primes?

Question: Given Scott's undercover boss runs, has there been any thought given to the ways aura's currently work in the game? A large number seem to be just there with little real use once you get Energy Siphon, Steel Charge, or Corrosive Projection.

Question: Will we see more rewards like the bonus for Sand of Inaros, possibly ones for older quests as well? Also what would it take to place all of our Lotus noggles in the operator room?

There is almost no reason to play archwing mission and on top of that archwing gear is hard to level up.  Uranus was a step in the right direction but there I feel there is just not enough there.  Could we maybe get an area devoted to archwing only missions.  For example an asteroid belt.

Will Machete receive a Augment mod or buff?
It's currently the weakest weapon in the game, and could use some love.

Any chance for a Prisma Machete sold by the Void Trader soon?

Any chance we'll have Syndicate cosmetic skins and/or helmets one day?

Detron got a Void Trader variant, will Brakk be getting one too?

Will there be Vandal skins for Warframes?
I like the designs of the Vandal weapons, but they don't really match any of the warframes.
Would be cool if their colors where changeable, or at least there where matching Warframe skins.

Will we ever be getting a male Grineer themed tank/combat warframe with tons of armor?
Hopefully with a Rocket Punch power.

Would be cool is there where optional secondary missions during your main mission.
Like, during a spy mission, a officer could spawn,
and you could go capture him.
If you fail or choose not to do the optimal mission you don't fail your main mission,
it's just a chance at getting extra affinity,
and something to freshen up the game-play a little.

Would be cool for each Relay to get their own Bar where the Void Trader could go.
(he's always talking about wanting you to come to parties he's throwing.)

Would be cool of the Relays could have an Arcade, 
where you can play the different mini games like Happy Zephyr and Wyrmius.

Would be cool if the Relays could have a fighting pit where anyone in the relay can fight each other.

Also, could we get a smaller Kubrow body type?
I want to make a tiny dog, but even the smallest one isn't small enough.

A sandbox mission type would be the most awesome thing.
You could park your ship in a big cave somewhere then just run around a giant map for however long you want.
You could even just stay on the map when you log off and still be there when you get back.
The game would auto-save while on the map so you wouldn't lose what you got.
And there could be random sub missions where you can gain extra afinity.

The two main reasons I don't play this game as much as I used to are,
Tons of Game Breaking bugs, and To many load screens.

In Dark Souls I can just go to an area I want to farm in,
and just go rest at the bonfire when I've killed everything to make them respawn.
No load screens to get back to the farm and fun.

If there was a sandbox mission type where you could just stay in the map as long as you want,
without having to worry about lossing what you got there,
where you could get random side missions like "capture this officer we detected",
then Warframe would be well on the way to becoming one of the greatest games ever.

When will Ash (and his immortal skin) be PBR'd? Cause now using the immortal skin on Ash prime is really ugly. Also: i love his original arms, could it be that the immortal skin on the prime version changes the arms? Please :)

Also, in a past devstream you talked about an ash rework. Any news about this?

Why Ivara's artemis bow is not affected by sniper/shotgun mods? It's very limiting and annoying being forced to use only one/two cathegory of weapons. Will you ever do something about it?

What about Sorties and the famous token system? 

Since the reintroduction of charged attack, they have been much flawed (unaffected by speed mods, screwing combos...)... Any plans on fixing them?

Last question: mandatory (damage) mods for weapons: in the past you said you were working on a way to fix this problem, which limits build variety. So i ask if you alredy thought about a Solution

Ps sorry for the many mistakes, but i'm writing from a very old and stupid tablet

Weaponsmith? Well i just throw three weapon related questions in then.

1. Is the new model for Burston still in development or has that plan been canceled for the time being? Are there any other weapons, which the team thinks should get a redesign somewhere in the future? Like for example the Lex.

2. Is there a reason why Skana and Lato are still locked in their role as starter weapons, instead of having Mk-1 variants for that (like the rest of the starter weapons)? They seem to be among the signature weapons of the game, but their role as designated weaklings make them quite undesirable to keep.

3. How does the team decides which weapon designs are right and which are wrong or not good enough? What factors can decide what is picked from the concept art and what not?

Edited by Othergrunty

Will there be more suicidal bomber enemies? Especially fun if they can cause elemental damage with 100% procs upon successful explosions.

Grineer failed clones = suicidal bombers
Corpus faulty machines = suicidal bombers
Corrupted.. mindless soldiers = suicidal bombers
Infested...= More suicidal bombers

Is there a possibility of obtaining temporary items dropped from enemies to use during missions? Examples include picking up a Lancer's dropped Shield with a restriction to secondary weapons, or maybe beating up a Conculyst with it's own arm.

Will Ivara's artemis bow bug that can render you unable to fight be addressed?

Will broken enemy armour and scaling for endurance runs be fixed so endurance runs in the void are more plausible and a gradual rise in difficulty rather than the way they currently work? 

Improvements for kavat/kubrow AI so that they don't steal kills from other squad mates other than just "don't equip them"?

When exactly will the rework for Volt and Mag be happening?

Buffs to make Focus classes like Unairu more powerful (and more desirable as Zenurik seems like the most popular one)?

Are multishot mods going to be messed around with? How? And if so, how do you plan on compensating players who've maxed out multishot or added a forma into a weapon for multishot? 

Will Vauban get a rework or buff in light of his prime coming in the next couple of months?

Will archwing get any extra missions, something to make it more appealing and desirable to play?

2 hours ago, Drufo said:

hy Ivara's artemis bow is not affected by sniper/shotgun mods? It's very limiting and annoying being forced to use only one/two cathegory of weapons. Will you ever do something about it?

There's also a bug with the ability that if you get interrupted mid- change or are lagging you are rendered unable to fight because...well you don't even have a weapon in your hand.

Hello.

Back some streams ago i think i heard that some of the Devs said about choices in quests, like in some first mission, did y throw away dat idea in the end?

We have Deluxe skin incoming, but can y do some Infested theme skins after? Is it possible?For those who like infested theme.

Can we expect Bursa as specter ally? She so cute and deadly so it would be nice addition...pls

Do infested would have cinematic quest? And when we can choose fight for them in invasions?

When Melee 3.0? The close fight as now is not mmm fun and interesting imao, stances have some poor working controls with good animations, most of the time best way is just killing with one button and one combo, can we expect some more interesting ideas what to do with enemy?

We have very, very, very old radio...

How soon we can fly our ships or landing craft? And if so what happened to archwing? What happened with PVP after Lunaro, Conclave have very poor amount of players.

When dual Nikanas?! Tenshi is literally make me jealous as hell.

Thank You.

Edited by CriticalFear

I have a few thoughts stewing that I'd like to get out:

• Will there ever be a separate place to install augments when every Warframe has 3 or 4 sets of them? I always thought it would be cool to have a team with the same frame have completely different playstyles because they all have a different augment set.

• Can our weapons and Warframes not be reset to unranked when they're forma'd? I'd rather just etch the polarity to the mod slot I want and have the experience accrue on that until it powers up; this would let players use the equipment to level instead of getting in a team for draco to ignore it until sufficient levels are met.

• Can we have a place to store polarities? It would be nice to fully polarize a Warframe and not have to worry about wanting to change the build since I can pull polarities in and out of the box, giving players a reason to polarize past 6 polarities since you wouldn't need the empty slots just in case the build changes a bit.

• Will there ever be a way to more reliably acquire energy without consumables? I know it would likely take a whole update to do, but having a system where you gain energy from skilled play would be pretty nice. Imagine gaining a certain amount of energy for consecutive headshots or chain killing a certain # of enemies; basically being a ninja.

When will there be a fix to all the problems with energy colors? Half the time my melee weapons keep defaulting and it's really annoying. Some melees with glowy bits, like War, use the gun's energy color instead. With guns, the muzzle flare itself or the light it gives off to the surrounding surfaces don't use the color I chose for it. When you level up the weapon, it uses your warframe's energy color and not the weapons'. 

Steve: Will armor be addressed whenever the "Damage 3.0" rework comes around? Will we see a greater emphasis on individual combat vs. enemies? The crowd game we have right now nullifies the point of burst damage in most situations.

If it acted as a buffer that could be removed, like in older games like DOOM (the player character's armor) or ME3's enemy armor, it would be more reasonable, in my humble opinion, instead of being a percentage-based damage reduction. I personally feel that enemies are more akin to damage sponges with huge armor buffers to augment what would normally be a pushover simply because of their behavior, and not because of their mechanical difficulty. Presently, the game uses DPS gates instead of weapon levels (which I remember you and others have stated would much rather have) and skillful precision.

Early beta had very low DPS numbers compared to what we have now, and while the armor system was marred by being a straight up damage gate back then, unlike today, fighting individual enemies meant something.

By mechanical difficulty, I mean an enemy is tough because of how it behaves or what it does, not because of the damage or health values that it has.

More on that in this infested ancient thread, revitalizing the discussion, really.

Edited by Vaskadar