Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's ready for our trip to the Rathroom?

Sitchrea

OK so question about this whole Rathoom thing. DERebecca said that SM is asking you to rescue these operatives, and then like halfway through or whatever the syndicate you are most allied with comes and says, "turn these guys into us so we can interrogate them, don't give them to SM" But what if SM is the syndicate you're most allied with? 

5 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I wonder what's going to be the best frame to cheese the fights with. I hope some of the higher level contenders have anti stealth or dispelling capabilities, otherwise people will just run around as Wukong, Valkyr or Loki.

My Volt Prime will become champion of the Rathoom, no room for cheese here. lol

6 minutes ago, RunningFox said:

OK so question about this whole Rathoom thing. DERebecca said that SM is asking you to rescue these operatives, and then like halfway through or whatever the syndicate you are most allied with comes and says, "turn these guys into us so we can interrogate them, don't give them to SM" But what if SM is the syndicate you're most allied with? 

I still find it...odd how that the example they gave at Pax I think it was, was the Red Veil...the only syndicate who gives Steel Meridian the time of day. Wonder what the gimmick is going to be for the event. Though if this means we're going to get distinct dialogue from the Syndicates, that'll be curious. Here's hoping this is the first step to some Syndicate expansion though I'm curious how they determine highest rank Syndicate, what with being top rank with three.

Any rate, after all those Raths in MH, it's going to be weird to be in a situation where I'm not dealing with a wyvern that seems opposed to my efforts to take it home with me (I am quite adept at captures). 

30 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Heh. Because it sounds like Scooby-Doo saying bathroom.

Anyways, WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU.

I prefer 'We who are about to die, don't want to.'

Or, even better' 'Today is a good day for someone else to die'

11 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Just can't wait to watch Kela's face when she watches her 'Grineer Champions' have their spines ripped out.

"BEHOLD! Vek'lar, The Destroyer! The Butcher! He has single-handedly annihilated enemy frigate crews with his bare hands! Nothing can squelch his thirst for Tenno blood! He has-"

*body rag dolls across the room from a direct Synoid Simulor hit to the face*

"...Ha Ha! Uhhh, he was simply uhhh... A minor underling! Your next opponent puny Tenno will surely be a greater challenge! eheh... uhhhh" 

Just now, Blakrana said:

I still find it...odd how that the example they gave at Pax I think it was, was the Red Veil...the only syndicate who gives Steel Meridian the time of day. Wonder what the gimmick is going to be for the event. Though if this means we're going to get distinct dialogue from the Syndicates, that'll be curious. Here's hoping this is the first step to some Syndicate expansion though I'm curious how they determine highest rank Syndicate, what with being top rank with three.

Any rate, after all those Raths in MH, it's going to be weird to be in a situation where I'm not dealing with a wyvern that seems opposed to my efforts to take it home with me (I am quite adept at captures). 

Yea, the whole Red Veil thing was kind of odd considering that they are actually allied... maybe it's foreshadowing to a new syndicate quest that could change the alliances? They did say it would syndicate quests, but I think changing the alliances would be a little dramatic, if not from a gamplay standpoint as much as a lore standpoint. And I see I have a fellow hunter in my midst. IG master race, no? Also, I think it would make more sense for it to be the syndicate that hates you the most, kind of like "you do this for us, and we'll make it worth your while" kind of thing, IDK, but it'd make more sense than having an allied syndicate vying for the operatives.  

Just now, RunningFox said:

Yea, the whole Red Veil thing was kind of odd considering that they are actually allied... maybe it's foreshadowing to a new syndicate quest that could change the alliances? They did say it would syndicate quests, but I think changing the alliances would be a little dramatic, if not from a gamplay standpoint as much as a lore standpoint.

Well, when they released Syndicates, there was a measure of 'alliances just so everyone has an ally and rival' and there's potential relations can fluctuate...but how and why will need to be careful, especially as people are very used to the triumvirates being what they are. We're just going to have to see how this plays out, but there's certainly room to grow and it's very true we need more syndicate love.

3 minutes ago, RunningFox said:

And I see I have a fellow hunter in my midst. IG master race, no?

Gunlance is my main personally. Insect Glaive is a nice weapon though and is among my 'change of pace' selections. Adaptability/style is nice, though getting good Nectar is a pain in the neck if the expedition has some nasty spawns. Multiple jho's aren't fun.

37 minutes ago, RunningFox said:

i wonder how would red veil "interrogate" steel meridian troppers since the two are allies....

LOGIC IS IMMENSE HERE! :'D

31 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I wonder what's going to be the best frame to cheese the fights with. I hope some of the higher level contenders have anti stealth or dispelling capabilities, otherwise people will just run around as Wukong, Valkyr or Loki.

If there is anti stealth capabilities.Of course i'll take loki.

14 minutes ago, DJ_Redwire said:

"...Ha Ha! Uhhh, he was simply uhhh... A minor underling! Your next opponent puny Tenno will surely be a greater challenge! eheh... uhhhh" 

Omg, you just made me want the Grineer inspection agent from the Liset radio to be the announcer.

'Uhhhhhh next up is uhhhhhhh the mighty uhhh'

4 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Omg, you just made me want the Grineer inspection agent from the Liset radio to be the announcer.

'Uhhhhhh next up is uhhhhhhh the mighty uhhh'

If you lose you receive an expired document ? That would be awesome.

Edited by trunks013

24 minutes ago, WindBlade said:

I prefer 'We who are about to die, don't want to.'

Or, even better' 'Today is a good day for someone else to die'

"Go into battle determined to die, and you will surely live. Go into battle hoping to live, and you will surely die."

24 minutes ago, DJ_Redwire said:

"BEHOLD! Vek'lar, The Destroyer! The Butcher! He has single-handedly annihilated enemy frigate crews with his bare hands! Nothing can squelch his thirst for Tenno blood! He has-"

*body rag dolls across the room from a direct Synoid Simulor hit to the face*

"I'm done with this Tenno, I'll make Tyl Regor and Vay Hek look like babies!"

1 hour ago, RunningFox said:

And what if I have 4 most allied syndicates? ^^

On another note, how do you know already about this event? Did they talked on the last prime time about it?

5 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

And what if I have 4 most allied syndicates? ^^

On another note, how do you know already about this event? Did they talked on the last prime time about it?

I have a direct feed from all the security cams from DEHQ right to my computer. I can tell you what they are planning for the next year and a half. NOTHING IS SECRET.

JK they talked about it during the PAX East panel a little bit. basically what I said is pretty much all that is known about it ATM, but I've heard that it is actually coming out today. Fingers crossed for that new dagger!

Edited by RunningFox

1 minute ago, RunningFox said:

I have a direct feed from all the security cams from DEHQ right to my computer. I can tell you what they are planning for the next year and a half. NOTHING IS SECRET.

Then you know more then DE ;P

1 minute ago, RunningFox said:

Finders crossed for that new dagger!

New dagger? You mean totally new, like the Sheev was?

50 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

Well, when they released Syndicates, there was a measure of 'alliances just so everyone has an ally and rival' and there's potential relations can fluctuate...but how and why will need to be careful, especially as people are very used to the triumvirates being what they are. We're just going to have to see how this plays out, but there's certainly room to grow and it's very true we need more syndicate love.

Gunlance is my main personally. Insect Glaive is a nice weapon though and is among my 'change of pace' selections. Adaptability/style is nice, though getting good Nectar is a pain in the neck if the expedition has some nasty spawns. Multiple jho's aren't fun.

I'd agree that they'll need to be careful if they switch around too much stuff with the syndicates. however, with the new syndicate quests coming out, I don't really see how they can leave everything the same. DE has a way of kinda dropping bombshells when they release stoyline quests... *looks at SD* 

Ah the gunlance, not a weapon I see to often. I personally never quite got the hang of using it, but every now and then I take a stab at it. Or should I say... poke?

2 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

Then you know more then DE ;P

New dagger? You mean totally new, like the Sheev was?

AFAIK, Its an entirely new dagger. And a new dagger stance **might** be coming out with it, or during the upcoming syndicate quests. I think they said which one, I just can't remember ATM.