Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where are you farming forma?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

I'm looking for the best place to actively farm forma. I see people comment here all the time about having more forma than they know what to do with, while others complain about a "forma famine". So to those players rolling in forma, where are you getting all that shiny goodness?

16 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

Honestly the higher MR you get, the more resources you seem to have a crap ton of. So the ones in the "famine" are probably lower MR than the "rolling in it" team.

Personally I like to just run varying levels of Survival since even if I don't get Forma I can get other goodies I can turn for Plat or Ducats. 

Sometimes I'll get them from Capture if I'm credit farming.

But to be completely honest, Forma is easy to get if you run Void missions all the time. Lower MR won't do it because there are things on the star chart they feel they'd rather do, while higher MR get bored easily and Void is a good little challenge/time-taker

MR20 and I have trouble keeping up with Forma BPs. Most people in my clan complain about how bad the drop rate was nerfed, especially because you really don't have a better shot at Prime Parts, you're just more likely to get garbage like Orokin Cells that no one needs from the Void.

The only place I've found that drops Forma BPs fairly reliably is T2S.

Edited by Ceryk

Honestly the higher MR you get, the more resources you seem to have a crap ton of. So the ones in the "famine" are probably lower MR than the "rolling in it" team.

Personally I like to just run varying levels of Survival since even if I don't get Forma I can get other goodies I can turn for Plat or Ducats. 

But to be completely honest, Forma is easy to get if you run Void missions all the time. Lower MR won't do it because there are things on the star chart they feel they'd rather do, while higher MR get bored easily and Void is a good little challenge/time-taker

Edited by GothKazu-EN-
EDIT: spelling errors

7 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

I'm MR 21 and am fiending for forma. I tend to stick 4-6 forma on anything I plan to really use, but that was never a problem in the past. T3 and T4 survival only rewards forma on the overcrowded rot c and t2 drops rot a, but I tend to get cores and other useless junk.

Hello, part of the "rolling in forma" here. 74 built (1 in progress) and 40-50 BPs to go. (Although I don't usually put more than 3 Forma on any item, so that might be part of it.)

Usually get the Forma BPs from doing Sabotage missions I think. I like running Sabotage missions as my more key efficient source of Ducats compared to Capture missions without being the hour-long trudge of Survival/Defense. I think I get them decently well there, but I'm mostly looking for prime parts when I do them, so I skip over seeing forma as the reward.

Edited by Maicael

8 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

MR20 and I have trouble keeping up with Forma BPs. Most people in my clan complain about how bad the drop rate was nerfed, especially because you really don't have a better shot at Prime Parts, you're just more likely to get garbage like Orokin Cells that no one needs from the Void.

The only place I've found that drops Forma BPs fairly reliably is T2S.

Yeah I know there are outliers and such since RNGesus (Praise his name, please) is a HUGE factor. That's why I said "most likely"

And even with the drop nerf, you can still get useful Rot A drops.

EDIT: Forma also drops on Rot B and C iirc so try going a couple hours in Survival, sh0uld get you a healthy little number, even if you aren't liked by the Almighty deity

Edited by GothKazu-EN-
Edit for additional info

7 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Hello, part of the "rolling in forma" here. 74 built (1 in progress) and 40-50 BPs to go. (Although I don't usually put more than 3 Forma on any item, so that might be part of it.)

Usually get the Forma BPs from doing Sabotage missions I think. I like running Sabotage missions as my more key efficient source of Ducats compared to Capture missions without being the hour-long trudge of Survival/Defense. I think I get them decently well there, but I'm mostly looking for prime parts when I do them, so I skip over seeing forma as the reward.

3 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

T3Sab, find all three caches.  Anecdotally, this gives me a forma BP between 50-75% of the time for less than ten minutes of work.

That makes sense with the two rewards, I just suck at finding caches. I'll look up the best place to farm these keys and find get to it. Thanks for the replies.

Just now, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

That makes sense with the two rewards, I just suck at finding caches. I'll look up the best place to farm these keys and find get to it. Thanks for the replies.

Finding caches is much easier if you rely on the humming sound they make rather than just visually spotting it. I've seen so many people run right by caches somehow even though it makes that sound. Headphones help a good deal, too.

Of course, you have to get somewhat close to it to hear it, but with visuals you have a limited FOV, can't see through walls, they look very similar to regular lockers.

42 minutes ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

It really is just this. I have amassed/used... maybe 100 formas in my Warframe career, if that, and it took a year to get that many

Anyway, back to the OP's question. According to my datamine datasheet, the highest drop rate of Formas is T3 Capture and T3 MD, at 26%, followed closely by T4 Int RotB and T2 Surv RotA, both at 20%

Edited by TARINunit9

i run t2 or t3 caps, they are fast with a loki and i have had good luck with drops, but i also get a lot of forma too, i have more than i need for the near future, i keep a stock of 40 built so ill never run short if something comes out that needs a lot to build and i can forma gear as much as i need. i also have a history of finding built forma in red(rare) chests, but forma is always useful so i dont mind.