Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Should I Begin Doing Sorties?

(PSN)abbacephas

Question

Hey all,

So I've been playing Warframe for several months now and I've reached MR 9 (I know this doesn't say much about my playing abilities and I acknowledge that I've still got a lot to learn). That being said, I've always wondered when I should begin taking a stab at Sorties. For those of you that have a great deal of experience, what do you recommend to a first timer who wants to take take the plunge? Can most of them be done solo (with the exception of interceptions and maybe a few others)? Would you recommend watching a bunch of YouTube videos (and if so, are there any you would suggest I watch)?

I've always been nervous to jump in, especially in public groups, as I don't want to screw up badly and be the cause of a mission failure.

Thanks in advance for all the advice.

10 answers to this question

Whenever you feel like getting irritated at people who think endgame missions are a good place to level gear(and frames), or just people who bring bad gear for the situation.

"No, person using an ember on a level 80 corpus excavation mission, I will not revive you a fifth time."

Edited by Plasmaface

Just have at least one of each weapon type "Maxed Out" (This usually involves forma). Use the Simulacrum to test your builds against high-level enemies. For example, I do sorties quite often and just use a 4-forma Dread and 1-Forma Vaykor Marelok, and use Excalibur for his blind.

Find weapons and frames that you enjoy using, and put some time and resources into them. I would avoid weapons like the Braton, Lato, Sobek, Etc. just because they require more effort and resources to make them good.

Just go ahead and do it. THe people you run with will do one of two things:

1. Realise you're kinda new and undergeared and help you out the best they can

2. Be rude and just tell you off saying you shouldn't be doing it yet

2 may be right but they're the vet so they should be helpful instead of ignorant.

But at the same time just like with regular survival runs/defense runs don't bring stuff that isn't fully leveled or isnt even cat'd or forma'd at least once. In this situation I myself may become number 2.

Edited by rawr1254

9 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

2. Be rude and just tell you off saying you shouldn't be doing it yet

2 may be right but they're the vet so they should be helpful instead of ignorant.

yeah its pretty hard to avoid rude players i just shrug it off...or i wait until i get hit with a radiation proc >:)

indeed people should be more helpful, especially if it benefits new players.

You can never really go wrong with crowd control warframe (ok may be exterminate...). You can cheese almost all of the missions with a blind mirage, you can even solo interceptions with her. The game mode that I see the biggest failure rate is on spy missions. My best advice on this is if you can't do them then don't try to do them, just wait and let those that are experienced doing them do their thing (note you can't use ciphers). And no, you are not a burden if you can't do them, not everyone can do them but it's bad when the same guy keeps failing the mission over and over because they want to do them.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

As soon as you can go up against a level 90 enemy and not die. Not necessarily kill, just not die. Also you need to have one lvl30 melee weapon, one lvl30 pistol, one lvl30 shotgun, one lvl30 assault rifle, one lvl30 bow, and one lvl30 sniper rifle

Anyone can contribute to a team in a sortie as long as you have a frame that can CC, and even freakin' Mag has a CC power (4). But you can't contribute meaningfully to your team if you're dead on the ground, and it makes your team vulnerable for the five seconds it takes to revive you

Edited by TARINunit9

Depends on what you have.  you might not be the DPS.  you might be CC, support  or stealth.  it really depends on the enemy type and the Mission

Spy/Rescue/Sabotage I usually do Stealth, with a max duration/Efficiency Limbo or Loki.  Killing not needed.   not dying and being able to revive the Hostage more needed.

Defense/Hijack.   Vauban, Mirage, Nyx for CC/support.  Limbo if you want to be easy and just banish the idiot you need to defend.

Exterminate.. just have fun.  Most people being frames weapons that they can solo this mission with.

Survival.  Valkyr or Inaros is the easist .  some people complain if you don't do any killing and just keep dying.

Interception.  bestt o have a team.  EV trin, Slova, Blind mirage are good support.

If you want to DPS.

Honsestly everyone should have an EV trin, or Frost.  Cause they always have a key role to play in some of the higher end missions

Thank you all for the feedback and the vote of confidence. I appreciate it. 

Currently, my 2 favourite warframes are Inaros (for CC/Tanking) and Loki Prime (for stealth runs). I'm still missing some weapons for the "[Insert specific weapon type here] Condition" missions so I'll probably have to hold off on those. I'll also look into adding more forma to the weapons I like (eg. Dread, Soma Prime and Tonkor) to up their damage.

Thank you all again for the advice.

For those of you with more advice, keep 'em coming!