Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time Challenge: Archwing Sabotage Speed Run!

[DE]Megan

Hello Tenno!

Here is where we request your Archwing Sabotage speed runs so we can show the world!

Reference (7:02-10:17) : 

Rules:
Must be on the Jupiter Galilea Archwing Sabotage tilset
Video must include a timer to indicate nothing has been cut/altered
Have fun! 

I wonder if the timer has to be in relation to the run itself, or if it can be for example the timer that the program recording shows, because I used MSI Afterburner to record (super light and free!) and if I want to, it shows statistics like the video record timer, memory, etc, so that timer could work, since it's by the recording program itself, meaning if I edit the video, the timer will be automatically wrong, it just won't reflect the run's total time unless you start right away (though you can just deduct the time difference anyway).

Q) Won't the fastest time also depend on the tilesets the player gets? We are all not getting the same number of tilesets in the same order. So, how are we going to be judged? One person may have done a faster run than the other 'cuz RNG smiled upon him and gave him an easy tileset combo.

On 5/6/2016 at 9:18 PM, Katinka said:

Any tips on how to include a timer?

This.  Not everyone uses the same recording software, and I don't think the Nvidia Shadowplay I use to record has a timer function.

On 5/6/2016 at 4:42 PM, CapAllan said:

Q) Won't the fastest time also depend on the tilesets the player gets? We are all not getting the same number of tilesets in the same order. So, how are we going to be judged? One person may have done a faster run than the other 'cuz RNG smiled upon him and gave him an easy tileset combo.

We would need a fixed tileset that doesn't randomize upon loading into it, similar to the obstacle course at a clan dojo.  Otherwise players will just replay the mission over and over until RNG gives them the shortest, most straightforward tileset possible.  Incorporating a timer into the mission results or a high score system would also eliminate the need for more 3rd party software.

Edited by Aeromancer

Here is my  attempt at speed run, it was my first try at recording video from game(and my first time using timer), video sadly has few lags here and there so I dont know if this will count for this challenge:

I unfortunately lack the ability to record my gameplay footage, primarily due to budget reasons preventing me from purchasing a higher end pc. However, that aside, if you haven't already thought of a challenge for next week might I suggest one that holds some relevance within the community. It has often been discussed, as of late, that Draco is where you go to "piggyback" your unranked secondaries to a usable state. These secondaries are then left to rust in their holsters, lest they be the sonicor or gammacor, for the rest of eternity or until more space is required in the player's weapon locker and no platinum/funds are available to increase this locker's size. The challenge I propose is that the participants must equip their least used secondary weapon (that is still in their player-bound inventory) and use it to survive, without mods save for auras and utilities (such as the drift-mods and other exilus mods), for at least:

• 25 rounds in t1
  • 20 rounds in t2
  • 10 rounds in t3
  • 10 rounds in t4
  • 5 rounds in the Orokin Derelect with a Bleeding Key (the 75% less health one)

I do not in anyway expect this challenge to be completed in this manner as some changes may be required to either increase or decrease the difficulty. However, I still think this could be a challenge that, both the community and, those who would partake in DE (as it is not always DE_Rebecca & [DE]Megan) would enjoy. It may even be a "Prime-Time" challenge that could be issued to the "DevStream" members as it is again, often brought up along with several other topics from the "Bourbon List" (awesome name by the way).

-Enjoy.

3044Smike

(A.K.A. mike999999 [pronounced a-mike-from-a-million])

True that Itzal is the "cheese" Archwing for this, but you may as well use it if it has the most potential.

Here's my current run: 0:52.XX. The timer is on the bottom left. For those who are running this, use LiveSplit!

Some useful notes at the particular YouTube times:

• 0:14 - LiveSplit starts with -8.00 seconds to make it easier for me to start the mission.
  • 0:14 - I use the Fluctus! It's wide range is ridiculously useful for a speedrun where enemies can mess with my collision hitbox.
  • 0:28 - Aim the weapon cursor to improve Blink accuracy. It is easy to recover from a Blink against a flat wall.
  • 0:32 - You'll notice I'm twirling a lot in space. This is a simple tap of the right or left arrows, which allows me to re-position myself a very tiny amount on the horizontal plane without me altering my camera.
  • 0:47 - First major mistake. Loses 2 seconds.
  • 0:52 - Minor mistake. Loses 1 second.
  • 0:54 - Immediate Cosmic Crush to destroy the 4 cells to the left and right rear-facing walls.
  • 0:57 - Immediate Cosmic Crush to destroy the 4 cells in the far back.
  • 0:58 - Destroy the 2 center cells with the Fluctus, which has innate "punch-through" properties on solids.
  • 1:00 - I save 3 seconds guessing where the exit may be. In a run where 3 seconds makes up ~5%, this is a risk I must take.
  • 1:05 - Immediate Penumbra to stop on a dime. This avoids me from losing time due to knockback from wall collisions. It also allows me to immediately re-orient myself to where I need to Blink or speed through next.
  • 1:08 - I can opt to Blink to the end of the room here to save 0.5 seconds, but with a PB in sight I'd risk losing much more.
  • 1:13 - Run over. I had to re-time since the final time was on the border.

First submission.

Second submission.

Edited by Celestics
PB improved from 1:02 >> 0:54 >> 0:52.