Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea - disable sprinting for World on Fire and Exalted Blade

WindBlade

ideally, i'd prefer reduced mobility to be a last ditch choice to balance anything in Warframe.
that Mobility is like, the entire identity of Warframe. that is Warframe.

1 hour ago, OzoneSlayer said:

This is the problem with ivara currently. The only thing that balanced it was lowered mobility

Prowl has more downsides than just that - ignoring the rest of them is pretty disingenuous.
Prowl is the most balanced form of Invisibility in the game. because it's balanced at all.

Ember was designed to kill light armored targets or low level enemies fast. Its in her description.

Can we realize that what you see is end game mods meeting low level content? That happens. Her ability doesn't scale well damage wise in higher levels.

Lets not focus on nerfing effective frames but rather buff other frames that need a greater purpose to get off the shelves.

33 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Prowl has more downsides than just that - ignoring the rest of them is pretty disingenuous.
Prowl is the most balanced form of Invisibility in the game. because it's balanced at all.

Wrong. Prowl gets melee AND headshot multipliers, alongside permanent invis that you never have to recast. The others dont  have that so what are you talking about? Am I really the disingenuous tenno?

EDIT: Forgot to mention pick pocketing

Edited by OzoneSlayer

*turns off mobility for Excal*

*Excal uses EB and slashes everyone from 40 meters away instead of running into enemies and jump-smashing them like some players are currently doing to max their damage"

See the problem here?

29 minutes ago, LethalAffliction said:

Can we realize that what you see is end game mods meeting low level content? That happens. Her ability doesn't scale well damage wise in higher levels.

And this.

51 minutes ago, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

Stop playing on Mercury, problem solved

+1. Or simply low level content where everything can be OHKO for players. AoE trumps everything.

37 minutes ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

I'm questioning how much more hostile forum replies can get...

The point is, we have OP here who couldn't possibly imagine that some warframes with only a single ability useful (arguable) in their kit would steal kills, disregarding the fact that they are "Damage frames with some degree of CC and would certainly fall off at later levels by being squishy". It's quite frankly difficult for others to stop despise OP for stating the fact that they kill slower than a DPS frame does. Would a tank or a healer deal more damage than a caster or a melee dps class? Of course not. It's common sense, duh.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Wrong. Prowl gets melee AND headshot multipliers, alongside permanent invis that you never have to recast. The others dont  have that so what are you talking about?

you're wrong.

Prowl gets a Headshot Multiplier bonus(which is neat), and is an Invisibility that you can keep active for very long periods.
in return:

Melee attacks drain Energy (and get no special bonuses)
taking Damage drains (a lot of) Energy
moving drains extra Energy
Parkour drains extra Energy
Weapons considered 'Alarming' by the game (whether actually Silent or not) will disable the Cloaking for a short time, while still draining Energy

Energy Siphon is disabled since it's a Toggle
and partially reduced mobility (though inversely if you spend Energy to create a Zipline you can move along that quickly).

inversely, you can recoup some of the Energy expenditure if you deliberately Kill Enemies slower so that you can l00t Enemies and get an extra Energy Orb here and there.

it's balanced because there's a lot of ways that you spend Energy while using the Ability, without the free stuff the other Invisibility forms do, which is free passive Regens, much higher efficient use of Energy over distance, Et Cetera.
and unlike the other forms of Invisibility, to use fully, requires the Player to take things slowly, rather than simply being Invisible and being able to do anything you want.

tl;dr the other forms of Invisibility are run a Macro to keep it active and spend next to 0 Energy to keep active, do anything you want, while Enemies cannot see you. Prowl can't do any of that, and is a much more complex Ability to use.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you're wrong.

Prowl gets a Headshot Multiplier bonus(which is neat), and is an Invisibility that you can keep active for very long periods.
in return:

Melee attacks drain Energy (and get no special bonuses)
taking Damage drains (a lot of) Energy
moving drains extra Energy
Parkour drains extra Energy
Weapons considered 'Alarming' by the game (whether actually Silent or not) will disable the Cloaking for a short time, while still draining Energy

Energy Siphon is disabled since it's a Toggle
and partially reduced mobility (though inversely if you spend Energy to create a Zipline you can move along that quickly).

inversely, you can recoup some of the Energy expenditure if you deliberately Kill Enemies slower so that you can l00t Enemies and get an extra Energy Orb here and there.

it's balanced because there's a lot of ways that you spend Energy while using the Ability, without the free stuff the other Invisibility forms do, which is free passive Regens, much higher efficient use of Energy over distance, Et Cetera.
and unlike the other forms of Invisibility, to use fully, requires the Player to take things slowly, rather than simply being Invisible and being able to do anything you want.

tl;dr the other forms of Invisibility are run a Macro to keep it active and spend next to 0 Energy to keep active, do anything you want, while Enemies cannot see you. Prowl can't do any of that, and is a much more complex Ability to use.

Your wrong

All your doing is proving my point. You said it was the only one that was balanced and i 'm trying to say that even with prowls drawbacks it also has bonuses, which is also seen with the others. The recast window can get you 1 shot, and ivara avoids it altogether

Edited by OzoneSlayer

I love the fact that someone wants to add more restriction on a frame(Ember) That already is one of the most restricted damage frames in the game currently, i guess they are tiered of joining low level missions where a Ember blast's trough.

I wonder if the next change after Ember would be to apply the same thing to Equinox Maim as well.

2 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

which is also seen with the others

and ivara avoids it altogether

the only negative facets of Smokescreen and Invisibility, is that they don't last forever.
there's literally no other interaction with the Abilities. everything else is basically an ideal scenario.

Ivara doesn't avoid it:
you get longer single use with the inevitable pause in usage due to Energy.
instead of partially Alerting Enemies to a sound location when shooting, you have a 'recast window' anytime and every time you shoot with a Weapon considered 'Alarming'.

so the one 'big huge benefit' that Prowl gets in your eyes (which isn't even true, as i informed you of, you have recasting in a different form that is much more detrimental), makes the Ability superior to other Versions that let you do anything and let you get all kinds of stuff raining on your head to let you do it infinitely, without having to think at all.

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the only negative facets of Smokescreen and Invisibility, is that they don't last forever.
there's literally no other interaction with the Abilities. everything else is basically an ideal scenario.

Ivara doesn't avoid it:
you get longer single use with the inevitable pause in usage due to Energy.
instead of partially Alerting Enemies to a sound location when shooting, you have a 'recast window' anytime and every time you shoot with a Weapon considered 'Alarming'.

so the one 'big huge benefit' that Prowl gets in your eyes (which isn't even true, as i informed you of, you have recasting in a different form that is much more detrimental), makes the Ability superior to other Versions that let you do anything and let you get all kinds of stuff raining on your head to let you do it infinitely, without having to think at all.

1.Ivara has a few drawbacks because she gets

-Headshot multiplier

-Pick Pocketing

-Never has to be recast

-Has a melee multiplier

- can get behind the slower movement by rolling

2.Ash/Loki get:

-Melee Multiplier

-Can be more "free" with movement choice

Look at the benefits for a second and ask yourself why prowl has more downsides...:facepalm:

Sorry for the minor derail OP btw

2 hours ago, (PS4)lupowolfen said:

Is WOF so powerful it kills everything it touches?  Or are we talking some pretty low level enemies here?  It seems at higher levels,  WOF just does some damage but does not kill the enemy.

Also depends on the build used, whether it's a CC (range + efficiency) or high strength build, and the types of enemies being faced. More than one factor to put into consideration.

Thematic wise it makes sense as to why Ivara the huntress has slowed movement speed when she's using Prowl

But EB? The whole point of melee fights is being swift and deadly. Having Excalibur gimp mobility is a silly idea.

Why should Ember have any mobility nerf besides knee jerk reactions? She activates something that happens outside of her body, it hardly affects her physically so why?

So essentially you wanna nerf my Ember again after she's been at the bottom of the barrel for the longest time?

oJ02x.gif

Also for the record, I use my Ember's WoF + Sprint to get out of sticky situations, disabling the ability to sprint while WoF is active is counterproductive. I won't reiterate on the "stop playing low level missions" bit since that department's been covered 10-fold.

Edited by Trowicia

Ember need a descent rework , remodel or change completely your skills, is real press4 to win is absolutely ridiculous one area skill with permanent casting, maybe need same treatment than Saryn , and exalted blade... well, i liked when used first time, but im not brainless  , actually s a insane arch shooter , why not cancel this? Let skill be a powerfull energy sword only 

Not to be hostile but anyone can wipe low level content with any warframe. 

Oberon with his 4 can wipe rooms in low level.

Ember can, Excalibur *insert other frames* and anyone with a synoid simulor.

Also isnt that a good thing?

Faster wipe = faster mission. It's exterminate, its not actually the best mission for being slow unless you want to have a contest of who gets the most enemies or something.

Edited by DzeraDragonbane