The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Crewman - will they give Corpus an edge?

arch111

opticor_crewman_by_gaber111-da1sj1i.jpg

I love the Opticor.  Is it the best weapon?  No. Is it the most used? No. But I love the design, the feel and the way it plays.

I wish it was boosted a bit but I still main it.

In the Vauban Prime reveal, crewmen were armed with the Opticor, that's were I got this idea from - not the art I drew that first.

I made this image the other day.opticor_crewman_by_gaber111-da1sj1i.jpgThat made we wonder; will there be a Opticor Crewman? The Opticor is a rifle, but it is allso silent and has very good accuracy so it benefits Snipers.

The base damage is high and it would make Snipers much more dangerous and POSSIBLY change how the AI strategises.

I further speculate if the prescence in Vauban Prime's reveal hints at a Prime version.

So, do you feel the Opticor Crewman would make an interesting new unit? And if so, would you prefer it given to the Snipers, a whole new unit or as a Leader?

The Seargent could possibly use it as well, maby Derf Anyo too is he ever gets made.

Below is taken from the Wiki.

• When you start playing Corpus/Grineer Invasion, you can see Corpus Tech holds the Opticor while Prod Crewman holds the Tetra. In-game, however, neither the Opticor nor the Tetra are used by any current Corpus units.
  • In Vauban Prime Access Trailer, Crewman holds Opticor while other two Crewman hold Amprex, but again, both weapons are not used by any Corpus units in mission. It may suggest that in next update will have Corpus wielding both weapons.

It would make an interesting unit but Corpus doesn't really need an edge or additional firepower. If they were to give a Crewman the Opticor, i'd vote for them to replace the Nullifier's Lanka with a slow-charging-telegraphed Opticor.

I like the idea of more sniper-type mobs at higher levels. Having to keep moving erratically and having to find their location so you can seek shelter is a neat challenge. I mean, might not be great for a common mob type, but could be super cool as part of a boss fight, even.

28 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Create Corpus-themed Rathuum.

Give to "Executioner."

Don't need to give OPticor to the current Corpus loadout.

Corpus-themed Rathuum would likely be against specialized proxies for lore reasons. I imagine it being something like a contest between their creations that was mentioned by Cephalon Cordylon.

If you put Corpus against Grineer,  Grineer have so many units. Bombards, Napalms, Eviscerators, Gunnners, Masters, Commanders, Hellions, Scorpions.

I think Corpus needs toned down Nullifiers and more armed heavies or interesting units. The proxies are.not enough.

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

I further speculate if the prescence in Vauban Prime's reveal hints at a Prime version.

What do you mean by this? Prime what? Coz we know that Vauban will have Fragor and AkStilettos.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

The Opticor is a rifle, but it is allso silent and has very good accuracy so it benefits Snipers.

It's silent?  Since when? Is this another one of those ui bugs where it says its alarming but it isn't or vice versa?  Wiki says alarming.

If Malice of the Stalker acolytes was any consideration, I don't think the novelty or coolness factor will last the being one-shot repeatedly no matter your life total. To be fair, the Opticor does tremendous damage and is rather accurate even for players, for fairness, I think the unit for the Corpus would have to be an equivalent to Grineer Napalms or Bombards so giving the weapon a warning charge light would be a good idea if such an encounter were implemented.

It's confusing to see a ton of Dera bolts flying around when Lankas, concealed in the fire, can instantly kill you out of nowhere.

While I don't prefer the weapon to be a weapon upgrade to the faction, Opticor Crewmen should replace Lanka Snipers in order to flesh out tactics how to counter a weapon where you can actually see rather than guessing.

12 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

It's silent?  Since when? Is this another one of those ui bugs where it says its alarming but it isn't or vice versa?  Wiki says alarming.

the Opticor has been silent since like forever..

but only if you hit someone with it..
If you hit the floor or wall, the AoE will alarm enemies