Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels should be able to respawn after a certain amount of time

26 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Tanky would be an understatement xD, downright immortal if you know what you're doing

Yeah, Pack Leader can make them practically Immortal with any Melee Frame.

Then without Pack Leader (I guess there are players out there that don't have or use that mod), then Inaros and the Health Link mod can make um tanky.

29 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Eh. Being able to revive your pet is the one thing kubrows have going for them. Kinda unfair to take that away, too.

DE's argument for kubrows entering bleedout is that kubrows are more valuable for their damage and CC than their utility. So, their perspective differs.

However, the way I see it, you're both wrong. Their argument is exactly why sentinels should auto-revive.

Don't compare sentinels and kubrows. That comparison ignores the problems. Think about it in terms of game mechanics. Sentinels provide valuable utility in the form of invisibility, close-range CC, status (via weapons), and energy regen. But in high-level missions, they drop dead the second a bombard shows up and fires silent stealth rockets that one-shot you through your shields. Boom, your sentinel's utility is gone. If your build was partially designed around its benefit, then you're gimped until you die. Why? What is this balancing? Are they under the impression sentinels break the game at the high level? Because I disagree, and it's frustrating that sentinels die as soon as they are legitimately needed. DE has never offered a real answer. Whenever sentinels come up, one of them just laughs it off and mocks people who use Carrier for its caster-boosting potential.

The OP is 100% right. Sentinels should auto-revive shortly after death an unlimited number of times. Perhaps a minute; maybe 2-3 minutes if they feel like being mean about it. Kubrows are mobile and can fend for themselves, so it's not really a problem for them.

It's always better to use sent than Kubrow because Kubrows have terrible AI and glitch a lot. Just because they can be revived doen't make them any better.

And IMO sents should be revivable, this way or another

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

DE's argument for kubrows entering bleedout is that kubrows are more valuable for their damage and CC than their utility. So, their perspective differs.

However, the way I see it, you're both wrong. Their argument is exactly why sentinels should auto-revive.

Don't compare sentinels and kubrows. That comparison ignores the problems. Think about it in terms of game mechanics. Sentinels provide valuable utility in the form of invisibility, close-range CC, status (via weapons), and energy regen. But in high-level missions, they drop dead the second a bombard shows up and fires silent stealth rockets that one-shot you through your shields. Boom, your sentinel's utility is gone. If your build was partially designed around its benefit, then you're gimped until you die. Why? What is this balancing? Are they under the impression sentinels break the game at the high level? Because I disagree, and it's frustrating that sentinels die as soon as they are legitimately needed. DE has never offered a real answer. Whenever sentinels come up, one of them just laughs it off and mocks people who use Carrier for its caster-boosting potential.

The OP is 100% right. Sentinels should auto-revive shortly after death an unlimited number of times. Perhaps a minute; maybe 2-3 minutes if they feel like being mean about it. Kubrows are mobile and can fend for themselves, so it's not really a problem for them.

I am thinking about in terms of game mechanics. The relative value of the companion you choose is such a mechanic. Giving sentinels an auto-revive tips the balance even further in their favor.

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

I am thinking about in terms of game mechanics. The relative value of the companion you choose is such a mechanic. Giving sentinels an auto-revive tips the balance even further in their favor.

If so, a simple buff or change for Kubrows would be justified. However, that is for a future thread.

2 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

My point is their relative value evaporates in T4.

As is, you can't design a build with a specific sentinel in mind. Because once they die, which they will, your build is gimped. It makes no sense to weaken you as the enemies get stronger.

Tbh they should change regen from insta revive to> extra ammo picked up gets converted to parts for the sentinel(ie mutations) this'll let you not have a rainbow of useless ammo on the floor all the time. And so different ammo = a different amount of parts ie rifle/pistol = 5 part sniper = 10 parts. Pick up 100 parts to revive the sentinel.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Absolutely not.

Giving sentinels infinite-revives even with a cooldown & no player effort needed is too overpowered. 

The downside promotes players not to go down in the middle of enemy groups without thought.

Remove the only disadvantage and it becomes a power creep issue.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

As is, you can't design a build with a specific sentinel in mind. Because once they die, which they will, your build is gimped. It makes no sense to weaken you as the enemies get stronger.

That is understandable & can be quite frustrating when they die at high levels. However there should be other ways to buff them than just self-revives w/o effort. 

1 minute ago, rawr1254 said:

Tbh they should change regen from insta revive to> extra ammo picked up gets converted to parts for the sentinel(ie mutations) this'll let you not have a rainbow of useless ammo on the floor all the time. And so different ammo = a different amount of parts ie rifle/pistol = 5 part sniper = 10 parts. Pick up 100 parts to revive the sentinel.

This one is a good start. 

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Isn't there already a mod for this? (Regen).

OP response to that:

1 hour ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

Again, the respawn I proposed would scale up. At probably around 4 deaths, it would hit its cap of 5 minutes. Kubrows on the other hand could simply be revived when they go down with revival almost being a guarentee since they are always close to their master.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

That's part of the valuation. A Chesa is less useful than a Carrier, but the Chesa will still be picking items up for you in T4—one at a time, and never the one you need, but still making the effort—while the more useful Carrier will be dust.

3 minutes ago, KnotOfMetal said:

Makes me think we might see some sorta companion revival system with a new lander, in the form of air support with it's 10 min cooldown.

I'd be fine with that. Kubrows still have greater survivability, since you can revive them manually, but all companions (including Kubrows) get a buff.

Ever since I started may 2015 I had carrier. When Ash prime dropped I got carrier prime, THE ONLY TIME I SWITCH is for prisma shade. I paid for 100p in junk imprints just to get mastery rank. Kubrows are irrelevant for combat imo and kavats just seem like more mastery rank for me

I'm in favor of a gear item that will respawn a downed sentinel. Just having it be an automatic thing would be too much, but having it be something you have to PAY for (Credits, possibly resources if the gear item is buildable like health/energy/ammo restores rather than a direct purchase like scanners), giving them something similar to Kubrows' upkeep costs, just applied in a different manner.

Kubrows get the ability to revive manually (for free) when downed, but you pay for that with a periodic upkeep cost out-of-mission, and if they "die", they're gone for the rest of the mission. Sentinels cannot be revived manually, and so drop instantly when "downed", but you'd be able to "pay" to revive them. With how fragile they are compared to Kubrows, I feel that this would be fine. I'd even be okay losing Regen (and probably Spare Parts and Self Destruct) in exchange for this.

3 hours ago, Eminem2420 said:

I don't think this would be a good idea. They already have a mod for this. Having them being able to respawn up to 5 times would be overpowered.

A mod that only regenerates hp once in a game where missions can be endless is quite useless.

I suggested they be revived an unlimited amount of times, but with each death the respawn timer scales up.

So, at max, you'd wait around 5 entire minutes for your sentinel to respawn.

This would not be overpowered by any means, as it punishes you for being wreckless with your sentinel. Late game you'd be waiting a whole 5 mins to get back a companion that only serves as a utility.

It also adds a better contrast between sentinels and kubrows. If a kubrow's hp drops to zero it can be revived like any other living being in game, whilst if a sentinel dies it can be simply made again because it is a machine.

I think adding some way to keep sentinels around in the late stages of endless missions (even if it is just briefly, every five minutes) would be a wonderful quality of life improvement, because it is tremendously irritating to lose my radar bot when I most need it. An alternative idea would be to simply allow companions to benefit wholly or partially from defensive abilities that affect their user so they have a better chance of enduring circumstances their user has properly prepared for, while still allowing punishment for when their user is caught off their guard. I suppose the Vazarin focus school could be used to revive dead or destroyed companions and defense sharing could be tied to Unairu, should DE decide companion interactions have a place in the focus system.

I think the kubrow versus sentinel debate is irrelevant to this topic and should be discussed in its own thread. I want fixes for my magic space dog as much as anyone, but that is no reason to dismiss other potential ideas for improving Warframe's gameplay. If nothing else, improvements to sentinels could well be adapted to improvements for companions in general, so we might as well explore them.

Ok. make Sentinels respawn and give all Kubrows a huge minigun, which auto-kills anything that enters LoS, shredding them like slash weapons and auto-desecrate all corpses ability, also Kubrows should instantly revive downed players and allow you to carry more than 3 weapons at once - something like 10 should be alright.

In warframe you either keep your expendable sentinel safe or bring a really useful and durable companion - a Kubrow.

Sentinels are partly organic. I am agree with this both kubrows and sentinels need tweaks and buffs but mostly they need some stat change and finally weapons. The current weapons except 1-2 are weak. There need more raw damage for kubrows and better Ai and the sentinel weapons more buffs and variety. There would be nice if we can choose from some weapon and also would be nice some new sentinel which can heal you. This mod inspired me.