The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum as a Mag Passive is the Worst Passive idea in history.

Sold0ut

Pretty much the title.

One of the most criticized things in the game is that you are basically forced to use a carrier so you can pick up loot. Lots stays stuck in midair, other things just are too far away and you can't always risk dying just to pick up loot. Nevermind breaking gameflow for twenty seconds on end just to run around and pick up loot instead of playing.

It needs a proper, game-wide fix.

But why make that a thing with Mag's BULLET JUMP now? Even then a Mag will be better off just using a carrier instead of flinging herself into the wall or sky just to pick up aoe loot. Not to forget that this is NOT MAG THEMED. It provides no advantage, or useful skill, or ANYTHING. You'll still end up using the carrier, because bullet jumping just to pick up loot would be suicidal, timewasty and ridiculous.

Fix Vacuum's necessity. Don't force it onto some mag passive that doesn't even slightly help her.

Edited by Sold0ut

Yeah, I've said it in other threads, so I hope its fine to repeat myself here; what we need is to have all unique Rewards be handled exclusively by how Survival intervals, and Sabotage Caches send them straight to the end of Match Rewards and not drop from an enemy, so Resources, Common to Rare, would be included here.

This way the only drops on maps, from enemies, crates and lockers are ammo, health, energy and excavation/survival item drops, anything else goes straight to that system.

From here, Vacuum can be converted to something else, such as providing a boost for ammo, health and energy; and Mag can get a useful passive!

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
forgot some stuff

1 minute ago, Nesit1 said:

I've stopped reading at this part.

every time i see this , your quote, i wonder what games have these people been playing where no loot exists.

This thing is half shooter and half action RPG and in both of those game types you always ends up running to pick something up. 

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

every time i see this , your quote, i wonder what games have these people been playing where no loot exists.

This thing is half shooter and half action RPG and in both of those game types you always ends up running to pick something up. 

I only have experiences from very few games, but the idea should be with how loot is handled.

One thing we are told with Warframe, is that teams come in and clean up our messes essentially, extraction teams and so on.

So due to how so many items fall into areas that make them unrecoverable without Carrier, one thought is to change how recovery works in the first place. And since many mission types successfully use rewards that never touch the maps, my idea is to make full use of that system.

5 hours ago, Nesit1 said:

I've stopped reading at this part.

And if you actually did read, you'd have read the next part of the sentence, that clearly stated the why. But I know, reading is hard for some people.

Since Mag is my most used warframe I was really looking forward to her rework but her suggested passive always sounded a bit underwhelming.  I wasn't too disappointed at first though because I had the rest of her rework to appreciate.  Then I heard her rework was getting pushed back to be simultaneous with Volt's and I thought maybe that'll give time for a better passive to be added.  Then I hear about all the other passives lined up for this simultaneous rework and some sound cool yet Mag still has this lame vacuum-but-only-on-bullet-jump passive... 

I have to wonder why we have to wait for a Mag rework that is already finished?  If they are going to make us wait, at least put some more work in and come up with a better passive for her!  Considering she's the already got an augment that provides an alternative to bringing Carrier, this passive really sounds disappointing to me.

Edited by Katinka

7 hours ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I wonder if a Shield Recharge boost that can stack with Fast Deflection and Fortitude could work?

Say a boost between 50% to 80% for a total boost of 220% to 250% using both mods?

Why would you ever put fast deflection or fortitude on a frame that can instantly restore her shield by the press of a button?

The passive is bad, so is the rework(nerf), so is not fixing gpull and actually rework that low level spawn rates(no new player needs 30 units spawning every 4s that is absolute absurd and just screamed for abuse), so is a anti armor rework for a frame that got a anti armor augment that is utterly useless since it does not scale with power strength(as only one in the hole game for Christ sake) as well as the only over shield augment mod in the game that does nothing for your team at all while all others do give over shields to the hole team.

Heck not even the BA buff to magnetize is good since it does not jump target but will do AOE damage(what works incredible bad with eximus auras and healers at higher levels) while not even being removed once the last target is gone, because new gore animations are most likely more important then not making it block gunfire for no good reason at all.

Edited by Djego27

Forced? i haven't used carrier for half a year - i just keep using Helios in case some eximus etc show up for scanning i don't have unlocked yet.

What they could do, is add innate pickup range, like 1-2m to all warframes, so you don't have to run right over them.

7 hours ago, Sold0ut said:

And if you actually did read, you'd have read the next part of the sentence, that clearly stated the why. But I know, reading is hard for some people.

Your reasoning why is entirely subjective and almost a completely moot point as you barely ever actually risk dying to grab loot that you wouldn't have risked dying grabbing even with Carrier equipped.

Mag jumping and pulling items in fits with her theme perfectly. Is it a bit lackluster? Yeah, sure. Passives aren't meant to be amazing. They're meant to be small bonuses that frames have.

I try not to be one of those people that says "DE doesn't play their own game," but man, some of those passives they were saying I'm just: "Really?!?"

Props to Reb for apparently going to bat against them for some of the passives being silly impractical, not that they listened to her.

No one is forced to use a Carrier. People use it for convenience, it is by no means life-saving. Seriously, it's not like the loot lies somewhere in the far corners of the maps, it is usually scattered in the middle, where you would run anyway.

That being said, Mag's passive seems a bit underwhelming, especially when you compare it with Volt's new passive. It would be better if she had a chance to apply magnetic proc with each hit or would regenerate health or energy when magnetic proc is applied to her. Or something.

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

regenerate health or energy when magnetic proc is applied to her.

It's bad enough that they're wanting to give this sort of a passive to Ember. Let's not give another totally pointless "they absorb something" passive to frames that can barely take a hit on the chin, as it is.

28 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

How is regenerating energy supposed to work when magnetic procs takes all your energy and makes you unable to get any for about two seconds?

So make her immune to magnetic procs, I don't know. I'm throwing random ideas here.

I don't know, Oberon's suggested passive sounds a lot worse, having wildlife fight for you. Since wildlife already do fight against your enemies anyways, and very few maps actually have wildlife. Oberon might as well have no passive.