The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshees New Augment is RJ levels of good but you probably disagree

Gizun

Just now, Chipputer said:

Every meta Draco setup requires EV trinity to make them work.

Before you get on that high horse, look at the situation you're talking about.

I've never needed an EV trin while using Ember, Valkyr, or Nova on Draco.  And I'm an EV Trin main, so I know exactly what this kind of meta entails.

I'm not a big fan of horses, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Every meta Draco setup requires EV trinity to make them work.

Before you get on that high horse, look at the situation you're talking about.

Ash prime doesn't require EV to solo 4 man draco. 

Tested it all. RJ is the best, Nezha is the second, then Saryn, then Mag and Banshee with her new augment is the least suitable for that role. Like it all you want, other people free to have their own preferences. 

It's not convinient to use and there's literally 1-2 buffers that work on it - Rhino and Equinox which I'm not even sure about. And all of the methods except Nezha and Saryn maybe creates even more problems for EV, and it's not liek people liked to EV before taht. 

People are not "scared". They don't want to waste their time testing it for you (because of all times I've been in such groups, they don't even effing tell you what they're gonna use leading to situation where they say "buffer" and don't specify which - it's not like everyone run Rhino for that), they want to level 1,2,3 weapons quick and be done and out.

18 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Tested it all. RJ is the best, Nezha is the second, then Saryn, then Mag and Banshee

You got plenty wrong there Nezha is better than RJ, Saryn is not even viable (even Oberon with reckoning is better) and Banshee with the aug is far better than everything else if you are using a proper build.

For the record, no one "hates" or is "scared" of Banshee, players simply ignore the frame. It's indifference, which is arguably worse. If DE replaced Banshee with a potted plant, no one would care, except for a handful of people, and that hand is missing a few fingers lol

Edited by MechaTails

Just now, lvl999ArchNecromancerIRL said:

You got plenty wrong there Nezha is better than RJ, Saryn is not even viable (even Oberon with reckoning is better) and Banshee with the aug is far better than everything else if you are using a proper build.

Nothing that can be called better about it. Like I said, I take into account all factors, including that you have to always mind you can use a very limited set of buffers (and people don't even bother saying they need only Rhino for example), it's harder to ev and need to adjust your position on the map accordingly. With all that you need to remember that half if not majority of people can't do even regular Draco (with excal) properly, messing every thing possible starting with their builds and capturing 3-4 points. And this method was around here for so. long. that it's just ridiculous. AND majority of those who use other frames are only still testing them, not even able to tell mostly what other players have to do for this to work.

Banshee is a trash in that. Tested it with Limbo to negate energy drain a little, but it still consumes a lot of course. Another "-" is that EVing will be pretty d*mn hard as all enemies are pushed in the corners and you have to wait for them to even spawn for some seconds, you can't EV in the process like you can do for the rest of those frames. Literally no "+" whatsoever, for Draco at least. And not only Draco. This ability is a whole lot more energy consuming than blind but just as blind works only on grineer and infested. All the nulls still will be able to run around. AND you need to drag EV all the time with you for the interceptions or use a lot of the pads.  

This is only for those who for some reasons hate Excal or Mirage or want to be a special snowflake.I would have understood that we had to use other frames if Excal's RJ was changed - but as long as it isn't no real reason to bother. Knowing there are other options is enough. It's not about style, it's not about anything else but efficiency.

1 hour ago, GreyEnneract said:

Her energy drain for Soundquake is too high.

Meanwhile Ember can run around in a constant WoF dealing more damage and CCing.

Chroma weeps even more so.

Chroma never weeps, for he is highest DPS and tanky as a mofo.

It took me about 2 weeks to carry 3 leechers using Saryn without Trinity to finally make some people in North America believe that she is better than RJ in Draco (and I guess she's the only frame that doesn't put any build requirements except for an CP aura on teammates to reach 1450 kills on round 1) and start to "H Draco LF RJ/Saryn", and there is still a few people in this thread don't even believe she works. Meta just takes time and effort to happen. Maybe you can host using banshee to confirm people this is viable.

About RQ banshee.

Pros:

Far less button smashing for the entire squad than any other meta. Get two EV or three, press 4, then every body go take a break and come back after 90 seconds while everything dies automatically.

RQ can cover the entire map with just 145% range, that means you actually don't need to put both blind rage and transient fortitude on since over extended is not required, so her energy efficiency is actually far better than RJ who requires constant EV supply while banshee only needs 3 EV per minutes.

With Resonance banshee can buff herself.

No LoS constraint.

Benefits from Energy Conversion since the entire period of RQ counts as one cast, while RJ needs to jump every where to eat energy orbs in order to make good use of this mod.

Constant CC over map and "kill on spawn" allows theoretically highest killing rate if you find enough buffers to let her one tick any mobs. This can be achieved with Resonance and well built buffer equinox and rhino.

Enemies can never capture your towers.

Cons:

People don't believe banshee works so you need to explain a lot before you get started.

Fire exium units and all enemies within their aura cannot be killed but they still get CCed. So they will linger at the spawn point, decreasing the overall killing rate, and you can only kill them during the break between two casts of RQ.

Elemental buffers don't work for her.

Highly corrosive projection dependent.

Highly EV dependent (same for most other meta squads except Saryn). 

Limbo, Zenurik and Energy Siphon are disabled during RQ.

EV is disabled during the RQ--personally I think this is actually a pro.

Edited: 

Resonance doesn't work well as I've tested so far

Edited by YANJIUDING

Alot of people are judging her with out understanding that base damage SQ with RQ does 2.4k dps, When you increase SQ's damage it also increases RQ, so at 150% damage you are up to 3.3k dps at 20 stacks. I run a 157% Power Str, 175% efficiency, 145% range, and 95% duration build with Primed Flow I can keep SQ up for 80 seconds, regen energy, then go again. 

I have not personally tested it vs. RJ, but it's pretty solid. It sucks in ODD though as Ancient Disruptors will get CC'd a mile away and not die. 

RJ

• Max Power Strength (PS), lowers Power Efficiency (PE) and Power Duration (PD); PD does nothing for RJ, disregard it.
  • Increase PE to highest it can
  • Max Power Range (PR), lowers PS

SQ + RQ

• Max PS, lowers PE and PD
  • Increase PE to highest it can, lowers PD even more
  • Increase PD to highest it can, lowers PR
  • Increase PR, lowers PS

Since SQ + RQ is affected by all 4 stats its impossible to get one stat over 200% without taking a toll of the others; you'll have to balance her out. With RJ you can build PS and PR over 200% and the toll is not as great.

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

I've never needed an EV trin while using Ember, Valkyr, or Nova on Draco.  And I'm an EV Trin main, so I know exactly what this kind of meta entails.

I'm not a big fan of horses, to be honest.

2 hours ago, T7Alpha said:

Ash prime doesn't require EV to solo 4 man draco. 

Every "meta" draco setup

aka faceroll sonic speed win as fast as possible

32 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Every "meta" draco setup

aka faceroll sonic speed win as fast as possible

How is valkyr  meta? 
There is nothing more boring than just handicapping yourself and then calling everything else 'crutch' or these days 'meta'.

Edited by T7Alpha

5 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

How is valkyr  meta? 
There is nothing more boring than just handicapping yourself and then calling everything else handicap or these days 'meta'.

Meta setup. Specifically building a team of players to achieve a goal as fast, efficiently, and painlessly as possible. 

Valkyr using Hysteria and slicing everything to ribbons is not a meta setup.
Ember running around in a Draco pub isn't a meta setup.
High range Equinox using the day form ultimate isn't a meta setup.
Saryn spore build utterly destroying everything that spawns isn't a meta setup.
These are all just frames doing their thing.

RJ Excal, Frost, EV Trinity, and Buff Rhino is a meta setup for Draco that achieves the best results with the least possible effort.
Theoretically, OP is proposing replacing RJ Excal for Soundquake Banshee with the new augment. That would be a meta setup if it proves to be just as efficient.

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Meta setup. Specifically building a team of players to achieve a goal as fast, efficiently, and painlessly as possible. 

Valkyr using Hysteria and slicing everything to ribbons is not a meta setup.
Ember running around in a Draco pub isn't a meta setup.
High range Equinox using the day form ultimate isn't a meta setup.
Saryn spore build utterly destroying everything that spawns isn't a meta setup.
These are all just frames doing their thing.

RJ Excal, Frost, EV Trinity, and Buff Rhino is a meta setup for Draco that achieves the best results with the least possible effort.
Theoretically, OP is proposing replacing RJ Excal for Soundquake Banshee with the new augment. That would be a meta setup if it proves to be just as efficient.

I was confused because so many people misuse the term to describe anything powerful which they aren't using; those meta groups seems really full of aggressive players often when I have joined.

Edited by T7Alpha

2 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

I was confused because so many people misuse the term to describe anything powerful which they aren't using; those meta groups seems really full of aggressive players often when I have joined.

Yeah, people throw the term around way too much when they're just trying to say "powerful." It makes it difficult to use the term properly. :P

58 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Yeah, people throw the term around way too much when they're just trying to say "powerful." It makes it difficult to use the term properly. :P

I like the term "orthodox."  The religiously dogmatic connotations fit the attitudes that go with meta groups so well.

5 minutes ago, KnaveOfSwords said:

I like the term "orthodox."  The religiously dogmatic connotations fit the attitudes that go with meta groups so well.

We already have the term "elitist" for people like that, though.

The only way to remove a stigma on a word is to use the word within its proper context until people begin to grasp the full meaning of it again.