Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

I like the idea of holding 1 to continuously shock.

I would also give a boost to his 4 ability, making it a self buff that procs the shockwave every X seconds instead (or everytime Volt moves X meters), like ember's World on Fire but weaker.

I like Speed and I think it's in a good place atm.

The handheld shield could use a little less energy when moving around, but that's not a big deal imo.

Edited by laysonbaal

Heres my take on some changes as i have played him for a ling time myself

I would live a channeled power that you hold. Due to volt p having the highest power pool in the game(next to sayrn).

For example if his first abilty was able to be held down and drain power overtime and cast a electric arc like the aprex. This would alow volt to feel more less spam first ability to stun then gun down.

Or i have an alternative concept his 4 changes overload. And causes him to put his primary away and his hands become charged with electricity. Changing all his abilities 

-Left mouse click works like my concept above acting like a built in amprex allowing it to scale of mids from primary weapon. Draining power as ammunition

-Right click could just be zoom or allow volt cast another ability. Dont know what tho XD

When active this could allow vilt to recieve dmg and convert it into power. Basically inate rage that works off any damage rather than damage to health

Toggling the 4tg again could cause him to overload completely draning all his power shocking everthing in his environment basically how it works now  but depending on how much power left determining the damage output.

But all in all i think he is a good frame but has allot of potential in be great frame that could truly define the caster arctype in warframe

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

What if Volt's ultimate also acted as an EMP? So enemies can't use their range weapons for some time.

Thats just peace maker. And emps dont stop guns ftom firing....

Itd be cool if it disable enemy auras, abilities, sapper mines and ogris missiles...

Btw, old overload destroyed sappee mines, and new discharge doesnt. I guess that was too "op".

Ignore this, i should be sleeping.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
And nothing is ever in a "good place". Everything is askew, fix it now!

On 1/8/2017 at 7:37 PM, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Bump

DE please see this, say something in the stream about Volt

also was glad to see some people mentioning Volt to get looked into in last Stream chat

Yeah... I don't like that the only reasons I ever think about using Volt, are the same reasons before his rework...

To be blunt, I think this means that his current Rework failed me (And other players like me.) If I don't feel like pretending to be Cloud in Space (A fast Male Warframe w/ a Greatsword)... I ain't using Volt lol.

I hope he gets a Re... rework? 

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

9 minutes ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

Yeah... I don't like that the only reasons I ever think about using Volt, are the same reason I before his rework...

To be blunt, I think this means that his current Rework failed me (And other players like me.) If I don't feel like pretending to be Cloud in Space (A fast Male Warframe w/ a Greatsword)... I ain't using Volt lol.

I hope he gets a Re... rework? 

I joined sometime after the Rework so I don't know how he was. 

He's my favorite frame but he feels like taser man to me. A speedy cop that tases people and that gets outrun by Loki despite Volt being the fastest Warframe. 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik

1 hour ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

I joined sometime after the Rework so I don't know how he was. 

He's my favorite frame but he feels like taser man to me. A speedy cop that tases people and that gets outrun by Loki despite Volt being the fastest Warframe. 

Yeah I can see that perspective. Back when his Ultimate was... borderline useless. I'd build him to have 247% Power Strength. And only use Speed with Galatine... Very Effective lol.

Could Kill level 130+ Bombard's rather quickly lol. Haven't updated the build since the rework, probably even better with War?

12 hours ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

Yeah I can see that perspective. Back when his Ultimate was... borderline useless. I'd build him to have 247% Power Strength. And only use Speed with Galatine... Very Effective lol.

Could Kill level 130+ Bombard's rather quickly lol. Haven't updated the build since the rework, probably even better with War?

Try this build

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Exilus: Rush

School: Zenurik

Intensify, Flow, Vitality, Rage, Continuity, Quick thinking, Armored agility, Shocking Speed, 

Mods on weapon: Blood rush, Beserker and Lifestrike (a channelling proficiency would be good too) 

With this build. If you play it right, you are near invincible. You can annihilate probably almost anything 

You could swap Continuity for a strength mod

Recommended weapon: Nikana Prime for swing speed

This build has a lot of DPS

9 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Try this build

Aura: Corrosive Projection

Exilus: Rush

School: Zenurik

Intensify, Flow, Vitality, Rage, Continuity, Quick thinking, Armored agility, Shocking Speed, 

Mods on weapon: Blood rush, Beserker and Lifestrike (a channelling proficiency would be good too) 

With this build. If you play it right, you are near invincible. You can annihilate probably almost anything 

You could swap Continuity for a strength mod

Recommended weapon: Nikana Prime for swing speed

This build has a lot of DPS

I'll give it try

Pity that as usual Volt will have to rely on its weapons to do any easonable damage because its 2 offensive abilities are worse than garbage at dealing hurt around...

I have written a lot about the rework in previous pages of this discussion, but the end line is still: wortless rework that didn't bring anything of use to volt

17 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Pity that as usual Volt will have to rely on its weapons to do any easonable damage because its 2 offensive abilities are worse than garbage at dealing hurt around...

only if you insist on interpreting them primarily as dps skills instead of cc ones...

18 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

I have written a lot about the rework in previous pages of this discussion, but the end line is still: wortless rework that didn't bring anything of use to volt

only if you feel only DPS frames are useful.

what i'm aiming at: you want volt to be a dps frame when he clearly isn't. to be fair: that whole "alternative to gunplay" is more than misleading alright ... (although true if you build him for melee ;) ) ...

volt is one of 3 choices for starter frame or a dojo research frame: currently it fails at both roles, why?

As a starter frame it should be a tool to learn how to play and sinergize a frame's powers right? its powers have 0 sinergy and need primed or corrupted mods to work to a satisfactory level, so as teaching material Volt is a failure.

As a Dojio research frame Volt is just mediocre, the alternatives, banshee, zephir and wukong are barely better but at the same time more effective.

Ooohhh.

I have heard soms silly arguments. One being that asking for volt to be reworked is selfish, and that as a starter frame, he is supposed to offer limited variety....hhhhm. Really?

Thats why i hate(envy) frost so much. Because when i started playing, Excal, Banshee and Frost were starter frames. And one can clearly tell who volt was switched out with on that line up

So frost got a rework to bump him up to the level of other "good" warframes after his noob trainer retirement, but volt gets what? Cc?

Frost was a "solid frame", "in good place"™, and "fine as is". But his one sucked, his 2 sucked and was like oberons carpet, his 3 was spammable everywhere which meant you couldnt shoot anything ever, and his 4 would often see enemies unfrozen and shooting back at you before the animation was over. Oh, there were so many many problems. But even with all that, he was a top frame.....at defense (the game was simpler then).

Frost: In his rework, he recieved : splash damage on his one. This really is not significant on its own, except that the devs highlighted an area in which every ability could be improved in frosts kit. It even had a neat little interaction snow globe

Volt: Shock. Welp. Nope. Its the most perfect ability ever created. "Eternal love of zapping" i think is what was said. No fixes, no tweaks, ability will still not always work, and doesnt even use the tesla coil system they created (which they did create out of thin air, with a b.s. timer and damage cap, because that is not how electricity function in their game)~forgot to mention the ever so useful synergies of shocking discharged crates and enemies with no noticeable effect to merit the wasted energy, and the ability to charge one sheild at a time for some extra damage, whatever that means to you.

Which wraps up my first (warped opinionated) point about volt. I have 3 more comparisons i could do, sheild to snowglobe, speed to ice wave, discharge to avalanche, but really its the fact that frost got way more love than volt.

Shock is volts intended stun time. Discharge is not. Volt was not a cc frame. I liked him for the dps frame that he was. But the game was simpler then. To be honest, almost no warframe has 4 useful abilities, and if infamous came out with conduits in space....

But we are on the warframe forums, and we were told we could voice our opinions, and i have a frame i like which was changed in a way i do not appreciate, so i will come here to do what i was told i could do and people will not like it.

All im going to say is, crowd control is for some people. They like that. I dont like or enjoy the game i am playing being dumbed down by enemies being turned off, unless i am not even interested in the game to begin with, which leads to camping and you tube videos. 

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

I've updated my suggestion a bit, in the hope of giving his passive a more "BOOM" impact, while also making sure to not go overboard with his ability to deal damage.

I've also made @Insizer a present by removing my Shock suggestion for now, but not because of his concern that a continuous Shock would be lame and and take away the current usecases Shock has, but because I figured that my approach was too complicated to understand for a new player. Shock is the very first abilty one will use if choosing Volt after all.

Additionally, I cleaned up my suggestions for Speed, Electric Shield and Discharge a bit and fixed some typos.

I hope that I can come up with a good alternative for Shock soon that is simple and retains the current functionality, but also improves and accentuates the synergy of Shock with Volt's other abilities. If you have a good idea for Shock, please let me know!

Okay, so for a while now, I've been thinking about Volt's 3 (energy shield) and how it could be better. Specifically, the picked up shield. I mean, don't get me wrong, the picking up mechanic is cool and all, but it's very counter intuitive. Like, it penalizes Volt, super speedy, zippity zappity Volt, for moving. I really don't know why DE did that, but I digress. Anyways, for starters, I think the drain per meter moved and speed reduction should just be outright removed. It limits Volt's speed and mobility way to much. Secondly, I think the normal energy drain should be reduced to 3 or lower, and even though personally I would like to see the drain removed altogether, it might be a necessary evil to balance out the next thing. Okay, so when you pick up Volt's shield, it becomes a mini shield and you can't place down another one by pressing 3. What if, when you press 3 while holding his shield, it becomes a little bubble thing that goes around volt. Think of it as a bullet shaped duration based snowglobe that only goes around the caster. Now, that might seem way too op, and I can see why, which is why when in "self shield" mode, you would be limited to only melee. This way, you can properly build for his 2 (which builds for his 3 at the same time in most cases) or his 4 with them being both as viable. Also, melee units could still come up and hit you through your shield as normal. Just thought I'd add that in. I think that this would make Volt a much more melee oriented frame, and then he'd finally be "a potent alternative to gunplay".

Just now, GeometricBison said:

I mean, there are more exciting things for sure, but electric shield is really good for not dying.

You could come up way more creative and useful for 'not dying'. Plus we already have enough not protective things like Frosts Snow Globe, Nova's slowing down thingy. So is it something we really need? 

3 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

You could come up way more creative and useful for 'not dying'. Plus we already have enough not protective things like Frosts Snow Globe, Nova's slowing down thingy. So is it something we really need? 

Not only does E.S. protect you from splash damage and incoming barrages of bullets and lasers, but it also increases the crit damage of anything that goes through it. Is it the best ability ever? No, but that doesn't mean it should be scrapped. It just needs a push in the right direction is all.

Edited by GeometricBison

Just now, GeometricBison said:

Not only does E.S. protect you from splash damage and incoming barrages of bullets and lasers, but it also increases crit damage of any thing that goes through it. Is it the best ability ever? No, but that doesn't mean it should be scrapped. It just needs a push in the right direction is all.

I'd rather have an ability where you summon Thunder/lightning like Infamous. 

The Thunder also hits Volt and Volt gains a large increase to damage resistance. So you become electricity itself