Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

This megathread will be used to host your discussions regarding the recent Mirage ability changes in Update 18.13:

Mirage Changes

•    Sleight of Hand: We have increased the damage and detonation range of all objects that can be booby trapped. 
•    Prism’s Blind effect is now affected by the enemy's Line-of-Sight (LoS) to the Prism. Prism’s damage has been buffed slightly to compensate for this change. We found that Prism was able to lock down maps with little recourse, and we feel that these changes will make it a more targeted ability while also increasing its tactical usage. 

Please be respectful and keep your feedback constructive. Thank you! 

Prism

62.5m blind

50 energy

No finishers

LoS

Extremely Long Animation that interrupts you

Radial Blind

62.5m Blind

50 energy

Finishers

LoS

Extremely short animation that doesn't interrupt you

U wot m8?

Edited by OzoneSlayer

The LoS nerf makes a lot of sense, but PLEASE reduce the casting time and either the energy cost or make it a real damage dealer. Otherwise it goes from OP to not really worth building around in 1 patch. 

I Fully agree with the Blind nerf, its was realy boring when i once did T4 interception staying on A and nearly doing nothing...

This nerf makes raid missions slightly, but really just slightly more dificult, and mirage has to recast prism more often to hit the enemies who where in cover seconds ago and uneffected by it.

But guys, there is natural talent for casting speed, and streamline for energy cost, sooo in overall i would say its fine the way it is..

13 minutes ago, JDNoey said:

I Fully agree with the Blind nerf, its was realy boring when i once did T4 interception staying on A and nearly doing nothing...

This nerf makes raid missions slightly, but really just slightly more dificult, and mirage has to recast prism more often to hit the enemies who where in cover seconds ago and uneffected by it.

But guys, there is natural talent for casting speed, and streamline for energy cost, sooo in overall i would say its fine the way it is..

Do you even Excalibur? After this nerf RB is better than (or at least the same as) prism in every aspect, in blinding effect. I believe somebody already provided a comparison above.

15 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Radial blind is better now. For less energy

No? Prism is 50, radial blind is 50.

And I like the changes, it makes for an more active gameplay with her. Now you need to be more agile and not just stand still and press a button now and then.

Edited by (PS4)ExetSM

The cheese was pretty strong, glad it's gone, so people will finally have to play Interception instead of walking on maps with vegetable enemies.

But this also means that Excalibur's blind, which is cheapiest, fastest and makes finishers, is overall stronger compared to the Prism of Mirage, which is a ultimate.

What about reducing the casting time and exposing enemies to finishers? The Prism will still deal damage and so it'll be "better" compared to that pretty low-cost and fast skill that Excalibur have.

Edited by Redskull94

1 hour ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Prism

62.5m blind

100 energy

No finishers

LoS

Radial Blind

62.5m Blind

50 energy

Finishers

LoS

U wot m8?

This guy makes a good point. Obviously Excalibur should be nerfed too. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dr Desflurane said:

How about reducing casting time on prism to make up for the blinding change?

You mean fix, how can you blind someone behind a wall in first place ?

Now it's way better, you won't block the mobs from coming when they are not in range, which was a real problem for me.

DE are you sure that you buffed prism damages ? I have exactly the same damages stats that i had before the update which seems wrong since you did "slightly buffed the damages" and maybe you can make that it damages nulifier bubble like before.

4 minutes ago, Kaidinah said:

This guy makes a good point. Obviously Excalibur should be nerfed too. 

No. Making mirage's blind actually useful in a unique way is better than blaming Excalibur. Excalibur is always the one to be blamed when people can't think of a solution these days.

1 hour ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Prism

62.5m blind

100 energy

No finishers

LoS

Radial Blind

62.5m Blind

50 energy

Finishers

LoS

U wot m8?

It irks me that Blind Mirage has been around so long that people forget, at it's base, Prism is a damage cast. People always conveniently forget that Prism can deal a maximum 747.5 damage at roughly 4 ticks a second to 20 targets at once. And that's without outside buffs. Mirage literally broke the game with her old blind, to the point where she could completely stop excavations by forcing enemies to stay in their spawns and therefore refuse to spawn more enemies, notably power carriers. While I disagree with the Trinity and Valkyr changes, this one was completely justified. No more blind capable of making missions a matter of standing still for however long you wanted/needed. She doesn't need a blind as good as Excal's. She has something unique.

And that's not to mention she can use her blind from behind cover by throwing it out of said cover, either..

1 minute ago, Mastercontrol98 said:

It irks me that Blind Mirage has been around so long that people forget, at it's base, Prism is a damage cast. People always conveniently forget that Prism can deal a maximum 747.5 damage at roughly 4 ticks a second to 20 targets at once. And that's without outside buffs. Mirage literally broke the game with her old blind, to the point where she could completely stop excavations by forcing enemies to stay in their spawns and therefore refuse to spawn more enemies, notably power carriers. While I disagree with the Trinity and Valkyr changes, this one was completely justified. No more blind capable of making missions a matter of standing still for however long you wanted/needed. She doesn't need a blind as good as Excal's. She has something unique.

And that's not to mention she can use her blind from behind cover by throwing it out of said cover, either..

Damage falls off. Also finishers>>>>fixed damage values

1 minute ago, Mastercontrol98 said:

I don't mind mirage getting LoS on prism, but it'd be nice if it got something to compensate. Say, a much faster casting speed.

Also, prism's damage is pretty pants in high level play. It doesn't scale at all.

29 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

Damage falls off. Also finishers>>>>fixed damage values

Damage falls off, yes, but that's not to say the power is useless because of it. Especially since there is supposedly a massive damage rework coming SoonTM . 2982 dps is nothing to scoff at. And it's not as though the blind has completely been stripped from the power. It's still there, just not to a gamebreaking degree.

Edit: Apparently Prism has had "A slight damage buff" as well. So who knows what the DPS is now.

Edited by Mastercontrol98

Just now, Mastercontrol98 said:

2982 dps is nothing to scoff at.

What? It's absolutely something to scoff at. That Heavy Gunner [100] in sortie 3 is rocking tens of thousands of health points and a similar amount of armor (which ends up giving her something crazy like 95% DR.)

5 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

I don't mind mirage getting LoS on prism, but it'd be nice if it got something to compensate. Say, a much faster casting speed.

Also, prism's damage is pretty pants in high level play. It doesn't scale at all.

Not saying that she doesn't maybe need a cast speed buff, but I also wish when people compared it to Radial Blind, that they wouldn't leave out aspects of one power or another to make one seem better or worse. At least with Prism, you can get a good idea of who you're blinding via the lasers, since they don't bypass cover either.

7 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

What? It's absolutely something to scoff at. That Heavy Gunner [100] in sortie 3 is rocking tens of thousands of health points and a similar amount of armor (which ends up giving her something crazy like 95% DR.)

Fair enough. Though I'd argue that at that point, that's more of a problem with the scaling system itself, because pretty much every damage caster that doesn't do absurd amounts of damage or scaling damage has that issue.

53 minutes ago, clemza said:

You mean fix, how can you blind someone behind a wall in first place ?

No, I meant what I said.  Even with natural talent, casting prism takes way too long.  At least before you had the benefit of blinding everyone.  With only those within line of sight blinded, the chance of getting one-shotted while casting has gone way up.  I understand the logic in not blinding those out of line of sight but that made the risk worth the reward.