Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

Love how everybody cries because the godmode is gone. The dmg Output is high enough to take on lvl 100 heavy gunners without a problem. As long as you dont completly play without any eff/dur its still absolutly ok absolutly managable (70 eff + bit duration and i can stay 2:50 in hysteria without any pick ups) and for the dmg bubble, yes you have to use your brain now and start to work with LoS. She is supposed to be a berserker not a god.

Its never even been God Mode, run into one nullifier and that is it, you won't even last three seconds. Any enemy that drains both shield and energy and she was already pretty useless. On top of that she is one of the buggiest Frames in game.

17 minutes ago, Scharfohr said:

Love how everybody cries because the godmode is gone. The dmg Output is high enough to take on lvl 100 heavy gunners without a problem. As long as you dont completly play without any eff/dur its still absolutly ok absolutly managable (70 eff + bit duration and i can stay 2:50 in hysteria without any pick ups) and for the dmg bubble, yes you have to use your brain now and start to work with LoS. She is supposed to be a berserker not a god.

And a berserker will kill herself if being seen. Inspire me please what kind of berserker is that?

16 minutes ago, Xadrezian said:

Its never even been God Mode, run into one nullifier and that is it, you won't even last three seconds. Any enemy that drains both shield and energy and she was already pretty useless. On top of that she is one of the buggiest Frames in game.

pls tell me how good nearly any other frame is good is inside the bubble and if you say they have guns pls tell me how any other frame is perfect against all faction (have yet see somebody cry about vauban that he is not so good against corpus and grineer for example.

And its nothing new that Nullifier are Problem for all Frames that heavy reliant on abilitys.

I agree though that the other abilitys could need a buff.

Edited by Scharfohr

Hello,

I am playing Valkyr very often, mostly to do missions solo, if my friends are not present.

I can understand that Hysteria is an ultimate skill and a faster drain up to 5 energy per second should be tested. But please take in mind, that new Players will not have all necessary mods to reduce the energy drain.

Also recall, that while in Hysteria, Valkyr is completely based on melee combat. So nullifier and energy drain enemies are close, and will force someone out without having chance or controll on it and damage will be applied to Valkyr. So loosing life by its own skill should not be the target of gameplay.

This damage bubble is very confusing. If it is stated that Valkyr is rage based, then the bubble should do less damage to inside and more damage to outside to give a recovery chance (lets say up to 25% Damage inside and 75% Damage to the outside in 20m explosion range). In this case quick thinking and rage should work to catch up the damage.

At this moment, Valkyrs strength has been taken off very rude and should be revised more cautious.

Edited by Devi_Salias

If we are going for the berserker theme the aura doesnt have any sense, at the very least it should be reduced to 10 meters unaffected by narrow minded (it was 5 meters affected by narrow minded before) also, the aura effect dissapears after a while but you still take the damage if there are enemies between those 20 meters.

Another option:

- Remove the aura, accumulated damage is applied always when ending the ability, when using hysteria and valkyr reach max health, the hysteria`s life steal will reduce the accumulated damage by the same conversion as if it was regular health, a slide attack will heal for around 700-800, remember that in high level mission you can easily reach 20k-30k damage so you will have to work to reduce high amounts.

The increased energy cost would work like a countdown to reduce the received damage, so pretty much hysteria will work as an additional health bar with no limitation other than you working to reduce the damage.

2 hours ago, alfaomega04 said:

Yes, I think that was the point of the changes. 

I played Valk quite a bit before I started full support frames. Infinite god mode always felt cheap. I really can't complain about the change; good job on it.

Why do you think it's a good thing that now Valkyr users can't use her ultimate for what it was made for? Yes, it was made for endless killing to your heart's content without a worry in the world (until some nullifiers or leeches came along). Why was that bad? You are forced to melee and already had to work for those orbs that kept you going.  I didn't find it boring and always had a blast with it (never complained about other frames as I let everyone have their fun but people like you always come along at one point to crash the party).

When she first came out she was just a panic button with horrible animations. After the first rework she was at a pretty sweet spot despite her first 3 abilities being meh. Now she is a panic button again.

She has the only ultimate that will effectively kill you if you want to use it as intended. She is not even safe for solo runs now and that was one of her best aspects (unless you don't use Hysteria at all). You can kill yourself anytime without it being your fault. Too many enemies are broken. Cheap enemies need cheap counters.

I can stomach the increased drain but this suicide bubble is absolutely BS and her other 3 abilities need to be looked at as well.

Now instead of a desired frame she is not very desired because who would want a frame in their group during high levels who can kill herself by accident while not at fault, having it as a core ability at that. I bet DE is going to make her kill teammates as well later on, because reasons.

It's beyond me why it is seen as a bad thing when people choose the easier way when it doesn't affect you. You are not forced to play her and can go to whatever you find interesting frame. I could go and cheese everything with Inaros now while being more useful than I ever was with Valkyr but I won't. People will want it nerfed after everyone migrates so I will stick to my tormented queen and await more nerf requests because I am sure people are still not satisfied until she is completely unusable at end game.

Valk was my primary Solo Frame. The most recent update to her is terrible. I can no longer revive allies as well as before. The Visuals of the stupid bubble hurt my eyes and make it confusing to navigate any kind of terrain. Try using her in fog.

How to get nerfs rolled back 101:

So your favorite frame got nerfed to the ground, all that time and forma gone down the drain. And you want it back.

Well you come to the forums, give your feedback, and hope for a miracle.

Check the Sarin rework page to see how well that went...

No my fellow teno there is but one shore way. Yow must ask yourselves what will you do next. Will you simply complain and continue playing, trading and buying plat.

Or will you take a stand against this. 

Remember DE is a company, they only understand money. So if they took something that you love. Well, you must do the same...

Step 1:Boycott the game, don't buy anything from DE ore trade for plat(remember any plat in the game must be bought, so when you trade for plat someone else has to buy it) until the nerfs are reverted.

Step 2: Contact DE, the devs or there PR department throw any means (email, facebook, twitter) And inform them, firmly but respectfully of your decision. 

One must act in order to get results.

Edited by nelu_Y3K

The bubble mechanic should go. I'm finding that you no have a frame that can turn invulnerable to say, raise a fallen teammate, but not if there is a bubble around or if you are low on energy. Valkyr used to be able to run and raise someone at least now the dmg bubble makes you think twice about risking that. Reducing the time on invulnerability was needed and good, but adding in this dmg mechanic that kills you if you flirt with ending invulerability at all is rediculous. The penalty for hitting a nully is that you lose your invulnerability, it shouldn't be instant death. Now you have an invulerable frame that has to stand on the sidelines because it's too dangerous to let the invulernability end. That's just bad gameplay, bad flow and bad design.

Why can't DE nerf slowly, a little at a time until balance is found. Nerf the time in hysteria first, if that is still broken (I don't think it will be) then come back later and add the dmg bubble.

Why not revert the energy consumption back to pre-18.13, get rid of this absorbed damage, but also get rid of the invulnerability, then perhaps (would need testing) buff her lifesteal? That way you would have to constantly hurt enemies to get health back.
So, basically - make Valkyr as she was before the update, but remove god mode and maybe buff lifesteal, or make it "the more health you are missing, the more % you steal". I think that would be enough for a nerf. It would somehow counter the rage mod and she would not be a god anymore, as you would have to constantly attack and block attacks from enemies.

This is a build that I have spent months working on. It is now useless.

Steel Charge, Power Drift, Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded, Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Streamline, Rage.

I'm pretty ok with the changes, doesn't seem as game breaking as people make it seem since there are a lot of places in the void where mobs don't bother chasing you.

Though if this was back when it was duration based, I would have been annoyed, since you would have to watch the timer, now I have control over it anyways.

25 minutes ago, nelu_Y3K said:

So your favorite frame got nerfed to the ground, all that time and forma gone down the drain. And you want it back.

No my fellow teno there is but one shore way. Yow must ask yourselves what will you do next. Will you simply complain and continue playing, trading and buying plat.

Remember DE is a company, they only understand money. So if they took something that you love. Well, you must do the same...

Step 1:Boycott the game, don't buy anything from DE ore trade for plat(remember any plat in the game must be bought, so when you trade for plat someone else has to buy it) until the nerfs are reverted.

Step 2: Contact DE, the devs or there PR department throw any means (email, facebook, twitter) And inform them, firmly but respectfully of your decision. 

Im not happy with the recent changes but DE is far from being a greedy company, even sometimes i ask myself how they do money with that tradeable platinum, in my book is what business should be, listen to your costumer feedback (they do it) while having your own point of view, flexible free to play model (payment is optional, saves time) so stop with that v for vendetta BS.

28 minutes ago, nelu_Y3K said:

it doesn't work with PAYDAY2 when they add skin like cs go after add 50 DLC --' Dev have just to wait we forget ^^

15 hours ago, Husla said:

How did you only manage to stay in Hysteria for 1minute:

using your build minus steel charge for energy syphon I was in hysteria for 7 mins 30secs on just 425 energy just standing in one place and no pick ups, so I may not be able to stay in Hysteria forever but 7 mins is still quite a long time.

1 hour ago, nelu_Y3K said:

All of this guys post

Honestly, this nerf to Valkyr and the pretty much destroyed every other frame from this update has killed my desire to play warframe.

Its making me feel like I've wasted 1000 hours of my life.

3 minutes ago, ADogAndAMan said:

Honestly, this nerf to Valkyr and the pretty much destroyed every other frame from this update has killed my desire to play warframe.

Its making me feel like I've wasted 1000 hours of my life.

I'm sorry you feel that way and you have to do what's best for you but I tested Valk and I was still able to get 7min 30secs out of her in Hysteria at full energy

Increasing the energy absorption seems fine (it's still possible to stay in for a long time), as does increasing the damage she receives when she exits. What's not okay is that Nullifiers are instant death, and that Comba/Scrambus units are even worse. There's now pretty much no point in bringing Valkyr against Corpus as all it takes is one specific, fast-moving enemy with an invisible bubble to get you in that bubble and you're dead. I'd suggest changing the damage done on exiting Hysteria to an increasing DoT that persists as long as you're within that 20m LoS of enemies. It'd kill you after a few seconds if you didn't move quickly enough, but there'd still be something you could do in most situations to avoid insta-death. Other options could be scrapping the invincibility in exchange for a massive armour increase or having Hysteria cause a small DoT and buffing the life-steal.