Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soooo... Magnetize, huh? (Lv 135 Corrupted Heavy Gunners oneshotted)

JesterTheNight

Tried it as well.
Same result.

Used Corrosive Lanka on group

Got interested...

Now, spawned one corrupted heavy gunner . Ended up shooting around 4 times with Lanka.

Spawned group, fired a punch through modded gun, beam, gun with punch through, according with the info i gathered, same result.

Tried same with 1 corrupted heavy gunner, Ended up shooting him a lot.

Spawned group, fired no punch through weapon, no massive damage numbers.

HOWEVER, I noticed something bit intresting.

You see massive numbers with LANKA because of sniper rifle combo counter. The video in OP showed a Sniper combo counter of 2,5 multiplier. That was something that i missed initially.

Just to prove my point, Lanka with max serration, split chamber and Vile acceleration (charge time is dreadful).

Spoiler

P2lqjpG.jpg

Ran with other weapons. Result wasn't that impressive...

As stated by other users above, bigger the punch through, the bigger the damage. But thats only for snipers

I'll make a guess and say that this was not intended.

So...  Let me see what this thread is trying to say.

Sniper (with punch-through) are useful now? ... That cannot be allowed to stand.  Where's the nerf crowd on this?  We must nerf it! ...But....

15 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

mitermagnatize.gif

Now we just need a Miter buff.

tumblr_nb7fpxSvRB1r21medo1_500.gif

Btw, you guys should really try this with Boltor for killing the initial dude for massive explosion damage (~1mil) or bring a Nova with Antimatter Absorb, or a Vauban Vortex, those skills will really add to the damage

I never thought I'd see the day where a Gas status build would out dps a Corrosive status build against level 135 heavy grineer but here it is.

Dat magnetize + Lanka, scoring hundreds of hits per shot, all the stacking gas and toxic damage procs...

Magnetize is brilliant against sentients

Not only does it keep them stationary, it forces great amounts of damage upon them - being able to proc elements they're weak against very easily due to how quickly they build up against a single element

I rarely do moon runs but tried miter and tysis and it did beautifully

4 hours ago, Finedaible said:

^ I was wondering about this as well. Anyone have a full Drakgoon build?

I tested  - nothing special. Beam weapon works good. A pity, i can't test Miter for myself since i burned it for Panter (that doesn't do anything special too. Or am i wrong?)

Soooo, I performed the same simulicrum test after the lanka magnetize 'fix' that I did when magnetize was introduced. One gas electric Lanka round vs 7 level 135 Arid Heavy Gunners (easiest to select cuz alphabet) in a magnetize field. TTK I'm observing is around 2-3 seconds for all 7.

I didn't record the previous times but I think the previous time to kill for that group was around 4-5 seconds.  Is Lanka killing faster than before today's nerf? I haven't touched my Mag build since the last time I tested it.