Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mystery of the Proxy Retribution Killer a.k.a. "Whoa! What was THAT!???"

(PSN)Silverback73

Question

1.  During Proxy Survival I'm running as Volt Prime with a basic survival build: Max Vitality and Max Redirection.

Something hits me and downs me INSTANTLY.  "???" I thought in a cool way...

2.  During Proxy Retribution Defense, I was multi-forma Saryn Prime running a Max Range/Power Spore build with Regenerative Molt.  With a Volt Prime, Frost Prime, and Nova Prime, we are crushing with CC and defense.

The Nova was running off to the side while the 3 of us clustered by the pod like Triumvirate Wrecking Crew...until...

Something lays all 3 of us down INSTANTLY for a dirt nap through the floor, through even through Frosty's Globe if that is possible.

Frosty laughs in disbelief.

Who is this terror????

We must solve the Mystery!!!

17 answers to this question

It was......YOU! (Becuase of radiation procs from the Hyenas)

We had an Ash (pub) bladestorming and not dealing enough damage to the Hyenas, but he sure as hell was dealing enough to the rest of the squad. Though, if you died soloing one, idk what to tell you,.

10 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

It was......YOU! (Becuase of radiation procs from the Hyenas)

We had an Ash (pub) bladestorming and not dealing enough damage to the Hyenas, but he sure as hell was dealing enough to the rest of the squad. Though, if you died soloing one, idk what to tell you,.

^

Hyenas can give radiation proc, allowing teammates to harm you and you to hit them as well.

That's one of warframe's problems if you ask me. There's so much stuff going on at once that it's humanly impossible to know how to react, which enemy to pick and so on.

There should be less but smarter enemies on screen on endless missions. After warframes' and enemies' balance pass that is.

I find it funny when some people go 'Oh take the Ancient healer first' when there's 248 enemies on scree with all forms of CC, shield bypass damage and disruption. That's why people resort to tonkor and simulor. 

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity

Those Rad procs were damn annoying when trying to revive!  I had Rapid Resilience so the proc was cleared almost as soon as I noticed it but that's still long enough to prevent me from being able to revive someone half way through and have to start again.  Once I started slapping Magnetize on them they weren't an issue.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Who is this terror????

45 minutes ago, armedpoop said:

It was......YOU!

I noticed quite often it was the Fusion Moas getting a direct hit on me, particularly in the Proxy missions.  Even with 800+ health they seem to one shot quite often.  Although there are a number of corpus that can one shot you to be honest, those do not normally go into effect until much later levels.  The Proxy Event could have been an exception.

Also, Rad Procs, if only there was an indicator on the HUD so we know who in our squad is affected by them at any given time.  Alas.

The fire damage is also capable of taking an unarmored 1075 life points away in just a few seconds, if the Pack member does this to the pod at the right angle, its damage per second might kill the pod right there since it has unscaled life - around 4700 some and pretty low shielding. Most of the time for me when assisting allies, it was a Mag, Saryn, or other area effect warframe or weapon user getting irradiated by the modified Hyena NG and killing the pod. In this case, Viral Contagion killed the pod for your team more than likely as it hops from enemy to enemy or even allies if they are under the effects of radiation. As some players might have experienced since the update 18 started, viral has a chance of super killing targets lately as long as the affected unit is hit with the status. If players are hit with it for instance, they might be killed with 0 life but full shields unable to be revived or use weapons but being able to zoom their weapon but unable to fire, pivot, or do anything really except either leave the match or wait until the match is ended. Unfortunately, the same can happen to the pod. Mag's Magnetize also seems to be able to do friendly fire currently if friendlies are in the bubble when it ends, shots with chew at them just as much as enemies - resulting in a few surprise pod and team kills.

1 hour ago, That1Cactus said:

I have noticed that Hyena Ng has a chance to Radiation proc you or teammates. Which means that it's friendly fire that is cause by the Radiation proc that is killing you and everyone.

So my Blind Rage enhanced Spore Build would have Instagib'd us like giant infected zits if the frames weren't surrounded by sealed armor when the Hyena in the room below us RadProc'd me through the floor...sweeeeeeet.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

49 minutes ago, Urlan said:

The fire damage is also capable of taking an unarmored 1075 life points away in just a few seconds, if the Pack member does this to the pod at the right angle, its damage per second might kill the pod right there since it has unscaled life - around 4700 some and pretty low shielding. Most of the time for me when assisting allies, it was a Mag, Saryn, or other area effect warframe or weapon user getting irradiated by the modified Hyena NG and killing the pod. In this case, Viral Contagion killed the pod for your team more than likely as it hops from enemy to enemy or even allies if they are under the effects of radiation. As some players might have experienced since the update 18 started, viral has a chance of super killing targets lately as long as the affected unit is hit with the status. If players are hit with it for instance, they might be killed with 0 life but full shields unable to be revived or use weapons but being able to zoom their weapon but unable to fire, pivot, or do anything really except either leave the match or wait until the match is ended. Unfortunately, the same can happen to the pod. Mag's Magnetize also seems to be able to do friendly fire currently if friendlies are in the bubble when it ends, shots with chew at them just as much as enemies - resulting in a few surprise pod and team kills.

The pod was not hit.  In the case of my Volt, I'm wondering if it was simply a Fusion MoA ricochet from behind, because I was not using any powers that damage and *boom* I was down instantly.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The pod was not hit.  In the case of my Volt, I'm wondering if it was simply a Fusion MoA ricochet from behind, because I was not using any powers that damage and *boom* I was down instantly.

Beware of your Sentinel, if u expecting Rad, remove weapon from   them, not sure about Kubrows

When I played the twin wraith viper alert (survival) and soloed it, the same thing happened

I took a mirage with HoM and eclipse build, and a synoid simulor, I was 1-shoted twice.....and I think it's the fusion moa 

there wasn't any hyena NG (only the fire one) and I didn't get any rad procs, they seem to be the only reasonable explanation 

DE must've buffed them secretly or something, I need to test it :/ 

47 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

When I played the twin wraith viper alert (survival) and soloed it, the same thing happened

I took a mirage with HoM and eclipse build, and a synoid simulor, I was 1-shoted twice.....and I think it's the fusion moa 

there wasn't any hyena NG (only the fire one) and I didn't get any rad procs, they seem to be the only reasonable explanation 

DE must've buffed them secretly or something, I need to test it :/ 

It was actually the anti-Moa that one-shots there. Had a mag with 2.5k shields thanks to the augment + 300 health. Happened to my squad a few times during that alert. It may be a slow projectile but when you miss one of them and they attack you from your blind spot then happy one-shot kill for them. It might be these guys that also one-shot OP during his proxy survival run if he didn't notice any hyenas around.

Checked wiki afterwards if they ignored shields and saw a couple comments about how they were also one-shot by them. 

Edited by xShun

5 hours ago, xShun said:

It was actually the anti-Moa that one-shots there. Had a mag with 2.5k shields thanks to the augment + 300 health. Happened to my squad a few times during that alert. It may be a slow projectile but when you miss one of them and they attack you from your blind spot then happy one-shot kill for them. It might be these guys that also one-shot OP during his proxy survival run if he didn't notice any hyenas around.

Checked wiki afterwards if they ignored shields and saw a couple comments about how they were also one-shot by them. 

They were pretty useless before, that's why I think DE buffed them...maybe it was a secret or they just forgot to mention it due to the changes in 18.13 

a way to balance it is to make the projectiles a bit slower, their accuracy isn't a problem, they miss most of the time anyway