Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IMPORTANCE OF SCANS

98Octane

Well I still consider myself noob in this game, but i realized there is no direct profit from scanning targets other than simaris scans.

What if, with each scan (for example juggernauts scans reqd 5/5) there is a higher chance of uncommon and rare drops, since each scan reveals more about the target.

Also i thought of causing more damage to enemy with each successful scans but we do have a mod for that.

Would love to know what the community thinks, as there is very little incentive right now for scanning each and every mob and objects in game. And may be, who knows DE might implement that if we have a positive feedback for this. 

thanx all

hakuna matata

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
Megathread tag reserved for DE & Mods

If we didnt have the wiki, there would be. I think its good that scanning doesnt do anything particularly. This way DE arnt forcing it on you. You can choose whether your interested in scanning or not. If you dont feel its worth it, do do it.

Just now, KirukaChan said:

I don't find the whole scanning mechanic enjoyable. Even doing stuff for Simaris is just a chore in my eyes. If I wanted to take pictures I'd go play Pokemon Snap.

In my opinion doing scans is not that bad. Not incredibly fun, but ok. Finding a new unit on a new mission and thinking "I'd like to learn more about this unit later in the codex" is an interesting concept.

What gets tiresome is scanning the same unit over and over again up to an arbitrary number of times. That does indeed feel a bit like pokemon.

16 minutes ago, chaotea said:

If we didnt have the wiki, there would be. I think its good that scanning doesnt do anything particularly. This way DE arnt forcing it on you. You can choose whether your interested in scanning or not. If you dont feel its worth it, do do it.

Exactly this. Scanning is a cumbersome, annoying and generally tedious mechanic that doesn't belong in fast-paced combat missions. It should never be a requirement for loot or stats or anything of the sort.

I love filling my TennoDex.

I wouldn't object to some targets dropping a health or energy orb, once you've completed their scan.

But it's hard to gauge what sort of rewards should exist for something that doesn't really have a difficulty.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

scanning does have some benefits, such as knowing what damage types work best against a specific enemy, and what they can drop. I don't bother going for Simaris though, btu I'd love another way to get transmute cores...

iT'S actually faster just to go to wiki and read it.

I agree scanning is pretty useless now, it doesn't benefit the player with any key factors. Simulcrum is optional for some of us who just want to test something. But it really takes a bit to much to just be able to test ....

IMHO scanning should give the player at least the info on the level as we see on wiki, or even something more.

I know that wiki is not official and some info is datamined, guessed, etc but DE didn't give new players enough guidance (on intermediate and high level) so they way of scanning could be a good way to introduce more details on game environment.

It's obviously good to have the wiki but i think it's pretty bad for the fame that without wiki most players are lost for good after initial introduction to the game.

Honestly scanning has multiple benefits already:

- knowing enemy stats and weakness

- Mod drop locations

- Location of enemies

- identify weak points (using helios mod)

- Lore elements.

That being said, i wouldnt mind having some kind of innate bonus, like +5~10% additional affinity on completed entires.

5 hours ago, 321agemo said:

Honestly scanning has multiple benefits already:

- knowing enemy stats and weakness

- Mod drop locations

- Location of enemies

- identify weak points (using helios mod)

- Lore elements.

That being said, i wouldnt mind having some kind of innate bonus, like +5~10% additional affinity on completed entires.

as said before u can get same from wiki and u wil get the info much faster,

yes affinity will be good :D

at least scanning gives no mastery points.

Wouldnt would like to hear all those screams of agony in the forum, because of missed events and scanned objects..... but i might enjoy it wen it happens.

Edited by DeFragMe
spelling smartphone

2 minutes ago, 98Octane said:

as said before u can get same from wiki and u wil get the info much faster,

yes affinity will be good :D

Yeah but thats external source.

Personally the wiki should only be used as a guide for perhaps walkthrough or build tips.

---------

I kind of also want a noggle for codex scanning, just like the kurias.

9 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Yeah but thats external source.

Personally the wiki should only be used as a guide for perhaps walkthrough or build tips.

---------

I kind of also want a noggle for codex scanning, just like the kurias.

ya noggle will be nice, all in all some recognition for the bravery of sitting in middle of lvl 100 enemies and scanning them hehe

A lot could be done with scanning. They played with resource collecting on earth then 5 seconds later forgot about it. I guess the Kuria oddities were a parallel idea to this. But it has been more a easter egg instead of learning about the world from junk out in the open.

It can scan enemies through the walls better than some focus abilities. I purposely haven't scanned rare canisters so they stay orange near all the basic green scanned canisters. Why cant you choose targets of interest in the codex so they are always show as orange/red?

I have the scanner hot keyed which is the best way to use equipment but wish it was separated from equipment, just a press and hold to activate scan hud instead of unequipping all weapons. like say Metroid Prime scanner. Flip on, flip off. instant.

Everyone has a phone and PC, even consoles have browsers to look up the wiki. Its not like damage 2.0 was ever explained well in game among many other things. Scanning for the given vague information is a huge meh.

5 minutes ago, 98Octane said:

ya noggle will be nice, all in all some recognition for the bravery of sitting in middle of lvl 100 enemies and scanning them hehe

Or trying to get 3 scans on manic bombard eximus on Uranus sabby.

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

I purposely haven't scanned rare canisters so they stay orange near all the basic green scanned canisters. Why cant you choose targets of interest in the codex so they are always show as orange/red?

I actually want this. Potential targets permanently highlighted? Yes please.

11 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

Or trying to get 3 scans on manic bombard eximus on Uranus sabby.

I actually want this. Potential targets permanently highlighted? Yes please.

Man dont remind me that, the manic bombard scans were pain, hehe. 

And permanent highlighting can be good, but then it would i guess defeat the purpose like if u can see rare crates in red once u scanned them all :)

19 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Exactly this. Scanning is a cumbersome, annoying and generally tedious mechanic that doesn't belong in fast-paced combat missions. It should never be a requirement for loot or stats or anything of the sort.

Except that i take a helios instead of a carrier these days. When i first switched it was tough, but it fine now XD

41 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Except that i take a helios instead of a carrier these days. When i first switched it was tough, but it fine now XD

yes i did the same thing and i want a bobble head statue for that feat :D so i can decorate my landing craft.
DE can make it craft-able like after you scanned something fully, if u want u can make a statue of it (small one) and place in landing craft or even dojo if u want.

All am saying there should some recognition for people like us who sat in missions for hours so that they can scan a mob without thinking of time:plat:ducat ratio :)