Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i was hacked and DE didnt truly help

(XBOX)Mr SkeleBones

Question

So almost a year ago, i was playing warframe, then let my nephew play minecraft, and then and hour later came back to warframe and for a very suspicious reason i wasnt trinity prime, but i was normal frost. i immediately informed DE and a week later i was emailed back that it was under inspection, a week after that i was emailed again that my prime warframes have returned to my inventory. i started up warframe and nothing was fixed at all. i just contacted microsoft and all they did was let me see my purchase history, and told me that they cant even assist me one bit towards my missing prime warframes. so i come to the player masses to gain some insight on to what is should do.

18 answers to this question

you say Support fixed what went wrong, but you say they didn't.
there's nothing more to be said. i'm far more inclined to trust what Support supposedly said, and that whatever your issue was, has already been fixed.

the Forum for a game is always the wrong place to complain about these kinds of issues, that's what Support Teams are for.

Well, the evidence presented tells me that your nephew sold your frames... that is unless you're leaving some things out of the story.  Calling this a "hack" is premature and a little unnecessarily provocative. 

The real question is why are you posting here one year later?  I highly doubt that a player can or would provide any information that Support hasn't already provided.  The amount of time that has passed alone tells me that there was never any real urgency in this scenario on your part, and that can trivialize it as a priority, but that's just my opinion.  I feel that if you're interested in investigations into whatever this is, it should be done with DE.  The forum community won't be able to provide much.

You "come to the player masses to gain some insight on to what is should do"?

What "is should do" is contact Support again, like you should have done "almost a year ago". Tell them your Primes are still missing. And be civil about it, too.

Btw, if you had Trinity Prime, this was a little over half a year ago at most, hardly "almost a year".

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there's nothing more to be said. i'm far more inclined to trust what Support supposedly said, and that whatever your issue was, has already been fixed.

the Forum for a game is always the wrong place to complain about these kinds of issues, that's what Support Teams are for.

Actually, I think you misread. He said support said the issue was fixed, and he checked and it wasn't. Though, I don't think the forums can help with anything other than warning people of the aforementioned issue. Maybe your nephew sold your prime warframes for credits? Since built warframes are untradeable and I don't see what business anyone would have that would cause that outcome, other than on your own end. 

You should probably leave few details there, because you made it sounds like your nephew somehow delete your trinity prime. Mind that in the eyes of support who only saw through your transaction data, if they didn't found any real evidence of hacking like login from unusual IP address, to them it will looks like you intentionally delete the Trinity Prime yourself.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)ILEAVEBEDSTAINS said:

i was playing warframe, then let my nephew play minecraft, and then and hour later came back to warframe 

I think we have a pretty good idea if this is correct.

Grill yo nephew's &#! friend

32 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i didnt come here to complain but ask for what i should do next

16 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

Actually, I think you misread.

i read completely correctly.

a week after that i was emailed again that my prime warframes have returned to my inventory. i started up warframe and nothing was fixed at all.

Support said they fixed the problem, he says they didn't. and like i already said, i'm far more inclined to believe that they did infact fix the problem.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)ILEAVEBEDSTAINS said:

So almost a year ago, i was playing warframe, then let my nephew play minecraft, and then and hour later came back to warframe and for a very suspicious reason i wasnt trinity prime, but i was normal frost. i immediately informed DE and a week later i was emailed back that it was under inspection, a week after that i was emailed again that my prime warframes have returned to my inventory. i started up warframe and nothing was fixed at all. i just contacted microsoft and all they did was let me see my purchase history, and told me that they cant even assist me one bit towards my missing prime warframes. so i come to the player masses to gain some insight on to what is should do.

also i was with my nephew the entire time, wasnt even two feet away from him 

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i read completely correctly.

Support said they fixed the problem, he says they didn't. and like i already said, i'm far more inclined to believe that they did infact fix the problem.

This is moving into grammatical territory, sorry.

"you say Support fixed what went wrong, but you say they didn't."

"Support said they fixed the problem, he says they didn't "

I'm sure you are well intended, it just seems a little weird when your first sentence is a bit nonsensical. But enough of that, lets move on.

This has got to be a troll right? Either 
A) your nephew deleted your warframes (because in 1 hour it is EXTREMELY unlikely someone just managed to jack your password, log in, delete your stuff)
B) You are a troll, I suspect this because you contacted 'Microsoft' who have nothing to do with DE ? o.0 

Honestly given how long ago it was, there is absolutely nothing they can or will do for you. If you had pressed the issue back when you first got the response and the result wasn't what you wanted, maybe they could have. But if you are coming here 6-12 months later... what exactly do you think is going to happen?

What you should do? Live and learn. Spend your time trying to get back whatever items you lost instead of complaining on the internet about your lack of diligence on the issues at hand. Change your pw to something secure.

As someone mentioned above, You can't trade credits or frames. Not to mention they got your password somehow, it isn't like you can put a keylogger on the Xbox like they can on a PC. Either your pw is crap or someone legitimately logged in who had it.

TL;DR, you waited to long and chances are if they could do anything about it a the time, that is no longer an option at this point. You either need to swallow it, realize you messed up and start working to get your stuff back or you can be angry, rage about how you screwed up and lost it all and just stop playing because it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Either way it sucks, and happens to PC players all the time (as I have had it happen once as well), so back to living and learning.

Edited by Wopel

It stinks that you lost your Trinity Prime, but if you didn't get your Trinity P back when DE support said they did, why didn't you contact them immediately?  Did you log in and check as soon as you were contacted?  Unfortunately people in the forum can't help you with this problem.  I have no idea if support can restore something that was lost at most 8 months ago (wouldn't be a year ago because Trinity P was released in October 2015), but you should contact them again and ask politely.   Maybe you'll have better luck this time or at least get an explanation why you didn't get your Trinity P back.

a year ago? really?
your nephew probably deleted the frame unintentionally, or someone other did... DE has a policy of returning unintentionally sold stuff if you contact them within few days of it happening...
did you check your inventory? lol
this all sounds dewouldntlikethisword to me...

contact DE (support), we can not help...

Edited by Error989

Please, contact Warframe Support and submit a ticket for further assistance.

Microsoft cannot assist/interfere in Warframe issues (they must be contacted only if your XB1 gets broken, or some XB1 service doesn't work as expected, those kind of things, but nothing relative to operations in a particular game), neither any of us here can help you to fix your account.

You have to deal with the Warframe Support to find a solution.

This thread is being Avalanched to avoid any further development here on the forums, since it's not the place for these cases.